Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Multiple league sources expect Colts to make strong push for Ndamakung Suh

Good call. Except they do have $57M plus, and are running way behind on salary they MUST spend the next 2 years.

And we could spent almost all of ours signing Luck, TY, Allen, Fleener, and Castonzo. Good grief!

True, but the Jaguars have 10 million more plus no state income tax. I'm not just comparing them to us but all the other teams with cap.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he could adjust to the 3-4 (their biggest argument against signing Suh).  

And is this necessary?

"These might seem like subtle differences to the casual fan. And I do agree that, at the simplest level, football is football and talent is talent."  

Those are subtle differences.

I think he could adjust to the 3-4 (their biggest argument against signing Suh).  

And is this necessary?

"These might seem like subtle differences to the casual fan. And I do agree that, at the simplest level, football is football and talent is talent."  

Those are subtle differences.

And the Colts don't strictly run a 3-4 defense anyways. It is a hybrid so they infuse 4-3 looks too. But Suh is such a monster and a talent that he would be good on any team, provided the coaching staff puts him in position to make plays. A player of his caliber would make everyone else on defense better, no doubt.

Look for Suh deal to be massive. I keep hearing$17M/year and $60M-plus guaranteed. If he doesn't land in Miami won't be for lack of effort

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora)

March 6, 2015

LaCanfora is unreliable, but 17 million a year? No thanks.

When the Dolphins can't afford to pay any other marginal to decent free agents they will only have themselves to blame.

with Wilford tweeting that the patriots was letting him go. I would try to go after him instead of Suh. I know everyone will think that this is crazy, I know that he is over 30, But he would be alot cheaper and I think that he still has a few years left in him. And we still need to sign several of our own players like  Luck, T.Y, Fleener, Allen, A.C. in the next year or 2.  

Clayborn? Yeah, let's go pick up another decent player with injury problems. Seems to have worked well in the past.

He had a real good year in 2013 and should come cheap coming off a season ending injury in 2014, If he flops then no big deal as a rotational DE

Colts should offer up about 14 mil per season. Anything above that, we should pass. (5 years, 75 mil, 55 mil guaranteed) Pretty good deal in my book and he'll still be living in the Midwest and for a winning franchise that now has a great chance at a ring.

He's played five years in the NFL and been suspended for two games. I will take my chances

Say what? I know he's been suspended, but that doesn't have anything to do with the issue of Pagano being able to handle him. You can lose a locker room fast especially when your a players coach like Chuck. This has nothing to do with suspensions but more to do with ruining a team chemistry and wasting years of Luck's career...

and i also heard we were favorites to land hardy the DE from carolina also. if this is true, Hardy, Suh, and Redding with Mathis and Werner coming off the edges our front 7 could look really good and be very improved. only issue with that is that will take a huge chunk out of our cap. and with the word of not resigning Wayne, we now have a hole at WR, our Oline, RB, and the Safety position. 

But a signing of 

Suh

Hardy 

McCourty would look really good on the defensive side of the ball, and our RB position could be fixed in the draft. 

Colts should offer up about 14 mil per season. Anything above that, we should pass. (5 years, 75 mil, 55 mil guaranteed) Pretty good deal in my book and he'll still be living in the Midwest and for a winning franchise that now has a great chance at a ring.

according to a tweet the dolphins are willing to sign suh at 6 yr for 102 million, they are determined to get him

according to a tweet the dolphins are willing to sign suh at 6 yr for 102 million, they are determined to get him

I cannot fathom how they plan to sign him with $11 million in cap space. Backloading the deal is going to doom them in the long run.

I cannot fathom how they plan to sign him with $11 million in cap space. Backloading the deal is going to doom them in the long run.

unless they finally got a trade partner for wallace which kinda scares me considering the colts were high on getting marshall and now that he will be a jet they may end up turning to wallace . but i hope not

with Wilford tweeting that the patriots was letting him go. I would try to go after him instead of Suh. I know everyone will think that this is crazy, I know that he is over 30, But he would be alot cheaper and I think that he still has a few years left in him. And we still need to sign several of our own players like  Luck, T.Y, Fleener, Allen, A.C. in the next year or 2.  

i dont think its crazy. like you said, a lot cheaper and could probably lure McCourty to indy as well. 

unless they finally got a trade partner for wallace which kinda scares me considering the colts were high on getting marshall and now that he will be a jet they may end up turning to wallace . but i hope not

I think they would sign Cobb if they wanted to give big $ to a receiver at this point. I'd rather have Torrey Smith than Wallace. I think cutting Wallace gives miami around 9 million in cap space this year. Trading would give them 11.5ish I believe. If they want to cripple their cap and roster to do it go for it. I'll be happy to see Suh chasing down Brady twice a year.

i dont think its crazy. like you said, a lot cheaper and could probably lure McCourty to indy as well. 

Signing Wilfork mean they can sign other guys. I like Wilfork and I think we could get several other good FA's along with him.

He played some nose in 3-4 fronts. As for 4-3 fronts, probably nobody. They probably had a 5-tech next to him.

I'm assuming you have access to some data from a website saying Wilfork played the 3-tech 70 percent of the time.

But beyond that,  I think most everyone here who does NOT have that access would think of Wilfork as a pure Nose Tackle.

It's certainly not an unreasonable view or expectation.

I see no reason for you to laugh at anyone who would think of Vince Wilfork as a Nose Tackle.

I think the news that Wilfork played the 3-tech would be surprising to anyone.   Guys who are 350 pounds typically play the nose and not the 3.

Guys like Hloti Nata are the rare exceptions.

Say what? I know he's been suspended, but that doesn't have anything to do with the issue of Pagano being able to handle him. You can lose a locker room fast especially when your a players coach like Chuck. This has nothing to do with suspensions but more to do with ruining a team chemistry and wasting years of Luck's career...

You said you were worried about 17m sitting on the bench. How else would he get there?

LaCanfora is unreliable, but 17 million a year? No thanks.

By "I keep hearing," he means he keeps getting texts from Suh's agent and publicist. 

Of course, $17m/year is just over Watt, and Suh reportedly wants to be the highest paid defender in the league. It's not outside the realm of possibility. 

By "I keep hearing," he means he keeps getting texts from Suh's agent and publicist. 

Of course, $17m/year is just over Watt, and Suh reportedly wants to be the highest paid defender in the league. It's not outside the realm of possibility. 

So here's a question I've been meaning to ask you....    and apologies if it seems like I'm giving you homework,  or some type of math problem to solve....

The question is this:     Can the Colts afford to sign Suh?     Say it requires 6/105  (17.5 per)  with 65 Mill guaranteed.

What happens to the Colts salary cap?    Can we afford any other free agents?    Does it kill us for the class of 2012?

Everyone has an opinion about Suh,  and since you're our resident Salary Cap Expect (SCE)  it felt like we should hear from you!

Thanks.

(Cue theme to Mission Impossible Music!)

<<Good Morning,  Superman:    Your mission, should you choose to accept it,  is to help the Colts figure out if they can afford Ndomican Suh. (Sp?)   Doing this will either calm or inflame the masses here.    Should you or any of your SCE team be captured  or killed,  NCF will disavow any knowledge of your actions.    Good luck, Superman!>>

True, but the Jaguars have 10 million more plus no state income tax. I'm not just comparing them to us but all the other teams with cap.

Yes, but then you not only have to play for the Jags, you have to live Jacksonville. I kid....florida is a gdamn swamp

Indianapolis very low cost of living compared to most major cities. Far lower than a city like Oakland, NYC, Miami, or Detroit. Just look at Detroit auto insurance rates. (I had a client once with a premium of $90,000 a year for 4 cars, 2 of them liability only)

I think we'd be able to get Suh for around 14-15 million a year.