Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Peterson rumors, link to Colts (merge)

bap1331

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmon. Hes in the prime of his career, front office has 40 million, get key players on defense.

Bill bellichick will have nightmares at night about how the defense is going to stop this high powered offense.

The kids in naptown will have nightmares too if Peterson ends up there

Cmon. Hes in the prime of his career, front office has 40 million, get key players on defense.

Bill bellichick will have nightmares at night about how the defense is going to stop this high powered offense.

How do we know he's still in the prime of his career?  He'll be 30 when the season starts, and already has 2000+ attempts and 10000+ yards.  That's a lot of wear and tear on him.  Plus, he spent all of last year away from the game.

why would you not want Peterson?

We would have to trade for him cause I really don't see min cutting him and even if they did cut him he could still prolly get alot of money less but still to much for me

I'm also in the group that would rather fix the line and get a cheap good back that would do the job fine instead of a great back

A 30 year old running back with one knee surgery and one missed season due to abusing his own child is in "the prime of his career"?!?

Where do you get this stuff?

According to Bill Polian,  agents and front office people nearly getting into fights is very routine, very common stuff.

The only difference in this case is that it became public.   Most of the time, it happens behind closed doors.

In other words,  no big deal.

Peterson made one mistake..he deserves a second chance..he's only 29 if I'm not mistaken. Not even 30 yet, have shown no signs of slowing down anytime soon before he was suspended .So that "age" thing that some of you bring up, you can get off it. Was nobody complaining about his age before the incident. He's well rested after playing only half of season. Why would you not want Peterson on your team??? Maybe aside from his contract.

He's on the tail end of his career.  I'd maybe give up a 5th for him on the condition that his contract can be renegotiated to lower his pay to something a little more reasonable. 

Given the downward trend of RB salaries, his stands out like a sore thumb as being excessive.

The dude plays the cheapest position outside of kicker and punter on the field and he's drawing quarterback money.  Almost 15 M per year.

How do we know he's still in the prime of his career? He'll be 30 when the season starts, and already has 2000+ attempts and 10000+ yards. That's a lot of wear and tear on him. Plus, he spent all of last year away from the game.

I'd consider that a positive. He should be fresh with a years rest for his body. And I highly doubt he was sitting around watching Desperate Housewives reruns and eating cheeseburgers the whole year.

If Vikings were to trade Adrian Peterson, his dad Nelson said he's heard "rumors" of possible teams being interested: Arizona, Indy, Dallas

— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson)

February 26, 2015

Probably nothing. Just passing it along.

Just wondering with Dallas not have the cap room for Murray , how can he be rumored going there. I've seen this before and I think it makes no sense and is far fetched. AZ is also tight on the cap but they maybe can make room by tweaking a few more contracts. I've read nothing that says Peterson is willing to  play for peanuts if traded to a contender or his favorite team ... the Cowboys.