Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just Heard Peyton Was Throwing The Ball Around To Receivers Today! (Merge)

mightisright

Hey, Just heard on 1070 the fan that Peyton was throwing the ball around to Dallas Clark and Reggie today. Apparently Bill Estes tweeted it. I know, he's a long way from starting, but it made me smile to think about throwing the ball again. And i bet it made a lot of other people smile too!

There IS an end to this madness in sight......

Okay...lets all calm down, yes it's nice he is throwing, but lets see him do it in back to back days and after a week or so without any physical issues. This is going to be a long process, Peyton is taking baby steps and lets not get to excited just yet.

Okay...lets all calm down, yes it's nice he is throwing, but lets see him do it in back to back days and after a week or so without any physical issues. This is going to be a long process, Peyton is taking baby steps and lets not get to excited just yet.

Man go back to your hole. We are entitled to get excited about Peyton being able to flip a coin if we want to.

Did we also not hear that the Colts are off today, via the same 1070 broadcast, uttered seconds after the initial tweet? I'll believe it when Peyton himself reports it.

I believe the host of the show made some comment about Peyton tossing to Mr. Miyagi....he didn't really sound like he believed it completely, but then he didn't completely rule it out...so where does that leave us? Nowhere, until we hear from a reputable source. I'd thought that Polian would be sqwauking about it by now if it were true, wouldn't you guys?

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that felt giddy like a little kid on Christmas morning!

And all the "oh don't get too excited, he's just throwing the ball around. This doesn't mean anything" types can kiss my butt b/c Peyton's Back! I'm not delusional, I don't think he's ready to start. But he's BACK. And that makes my week! Couldn't stop smiling.....

Did we also not hear that the Colts are off today, via the same 1070 broadcast, uttered seconds after the initial tweet? I'll believe it when Peyton himself reports it.

I believe the host of the show made some comment about Peyton tossing to Mr. Miyagi....he didn't really sound like he believed it completely, but then he didn't completely rule it out...so where does that leave us? Nowhere, until we hear from a reputable source. I'd thought that Polian would be sqwauking about it by now if it were true, wouldn't you guys?

He didn't believe it initially. Then he said about 45 min later that he had heard from other sources that Manning was throwing the tree with Dallas and Reggie. It wasn't an official practice. He was "just throwing the ball around" on their day off. The fact that it wasn't an official practice is important, I think because they can avoid all the hype and questions about how he's doing in practice.

You are referring to the Ride with JMV...JMV has been spot on w/ his sources. He was the first to break the news Manning was going to be out most/all of the season, at the same time John Clayton was saying 18 would miss maybe a month. He has some good guys inside West 56th that get him info. If you listened to the show past that part you quoted, it was also confirmed that Manning was throwing on the team's off day to Collie and Clark. It's a start. Also, I heard on the show that Mark Patrick (former host of 1260s afternoon sports show) had tweeted that Manning's gear was in his locker today...

Again this is all conjecture, but positive news nonetheless. Progress is good.

You are referring to the Ride with JMV...JMV has been spot on w/ his sources. He was the first to break the news Manning was going to be out most/all of the season, at the same time John Clayton was saying 18 would miss maybe a month. He has some good guys inside West 56th that get him info. If you listened to the show past that part you quoted, it was also confirmed that Manning was throwing on the team's off day to Collie and Clark. It's a start. Also, I heard on the show that Mark Patrick (former host of 1260s afternoon sports show) had tweeted that Manning's gear was in his locker today...

Again this is all conjecture, but positive news nonetheless. Progress is good.

So it was Clark and Collie not him and Wayne. Hmmm. Wonder why Wayne didn't get in on the action.

If true this would be great news (checked out JMV's twitter and he said anyone believe my rumor about Manning throwing?). With that this isn't at all unexpected, the Colts have said the goal was to keep him on the active roster so he could practice with the team and he said that throwing the ball would be a part of this next step of rehab. Still things seem to be going in the right direction for Peyton and that's always great news.

It's funny. Prior to this season, I took Manning SO for granted. I thought he was impossible to injure, he would never miss a start, we would have him until he's 40+, etc. Boy how that has changed. This is excellent news. I will never take Peyton for granted again; I will cherish every single snap he takes with the Colts for the rest of his career.