Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just Heard Peyton Was Throwing The Ball Around To Receivers Today! (Merge)

mightisright

Also, is it peculiar that the Colts have the day off today? I'm sure it has to do with the new rules in the CBA, but it used to be that the guys only got the day off on MONDAYS and ONLY if we won that Sunday. It's a TUESDAY and we LOST Sunday. Perhaps therein lies the problem: we're not practicing enough due to the new CBA rules.

It's funny. Prior to this season, I took Manning SO for granted. I thought he was impossible to injure, he would never miss a start, we would have him until he's 40+, etc. Boy how that has changed. This is excellent news. I will never take Peyton for granted again; I will cherish every single snap he takes with the Colts for the rest of his career.

+ 1 x 10^10

I share in your expression of appreciation!

Also, is it peculiar that the Colts have the day off today? I'm sure it has to do with the new rules in the CBA, but it used to be that the guys only got the day off on MONDAYS and ONLY if we won that Sunday. It's a TUESDAY and we LOST Sunday. Perhaps therein lies the problem: we're not practicing enough due to the new CBA rules.

Teams have always had Tuesday as their day off from practice.

14 minutes for the negativity to start. Unbelievable. If we can't be optimistic about this, what do we have to optimistic about? Sorry, but the thought of the G.O.A.T. making major strides toward returning excites me more than the prospect of drafting an unproven QB.

14 minutes for the negativity to start. Unbelievable. If we can't be optimistic about this, what do we have to optimistic about? Sorry, but the thought of the G.O.A.T. making major strides toward returning excites me more than the prospect of drafting an unproven QB.

Im not negative but this isn't a major stride in his recovery, its just part of his recovery. Now if he threw a 40 yard fastball and hit Wayne in the numbers I would be estatic. But this is just a simple exercise.

I hope he's not done but this news doesn't mean anything. We probably wont know anything till late January. Knowing our luck, his status will be questionable until after the draft.

Yes you are correct, but you must start rehab somewhere & this is how it starts. If Peyton continues to improve & regain strength our Colts maybe golden again.

It's funny. Prior to this season, I took Manning SO for granted. I thought he was impossible to injure, he would never miss a start, we would have him until he's 40+, etc. Boy how that has changed. This is excellent news. I will never take Peyton for granted again; I will cherish every single snap he takes with the Colts for the rest of his career.

I totally agree. I just want him back on the field in 2012!!!

Okay...lets all calm down, yes it's nice he is throwing, but lets see him do it in back to back days and after a week or so without any physical issues. This is going to be a long process, Peyton is taking baby steps and lets not get to excited just yet.

Wow, 7 negatives so far for this post with a firm grip on reality? The truth can be unpopular. I agree, though, it's the only good news we've heard so far, but being allowed to begin low-impact throwing again in December was entirely predictable (search my posts for why).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbAA6XlI6T4

Kinda like up here near Chicago when Michael Jordan retired and then came back..

Everybody watched every second of every game,..

....there was the realization that these guys will retire sooner than later..

Wow, 7 negatives so far for this post with a firm grip on reality? The truth can be unpopular. I agree, though, it's the only good news we've heard so far, but being allowed to begin low-impact throwing again in December was entirely predictable (search my posts for why).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbAA6XlI6T4

NOBODY is saying it wasn't "predictable" just that we're relieved and thrilled that he's making his comeback. It's been a crap year, let us get excited about something!