Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore interested in joining Colts

NBColtsFanatic

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we still bring in a talented RB in the draft I'm okay with getting Gore. RBs I like in the draft include Ajayi, Abdullah, and Cobb in rounds 3 or 4.

Ajayi and Abdullah will most likely be gone by round 2 sadly. I think we would be left with David Cobb or David Johnson in the 3rd or 4th.

At first I was against signing Gore 100%, but now I wouldn't mind it. Here's why. We have several holes to fill on both sides of the ball, and Gore would only be a stopgap for a year or two until we draft his replacement. He's still a pretty good RB too, even at 31, and he would still upgrade our run game and most likely he'd rush for 1,000 plus yards. He probably wouldn't be too expensive either. So I think he'd be a fine option for next season, just not too much longer after that. What we should do if we sign him is still draft a RB in the 4th or 5th to develop though.

A lot of speculation there but if we could get Gore for say close to what we were going to pay Trent I'm all for it. The guy is a good back. Sure he isn't going to break off 20-30yd runs but he will get you those consistant 3-4yd when not much is there. We have Boom for a change of pace but most important is Frank has played in big games...he doesn't fumble a lot and he is also pretty good in pass protection...those aren't small things. Come January we would be happy to have a veteren runner that can take the punishment and will get you those hard earned yards. Doesn't mean we don't need a back later in the draft to compliment us but I don't think Boom is an every down starter for 16 games. Gore can handle the punishment and knows how to get the extra yard.

He did have two 50+ yard tds last year. When was the last one we have seen here. I would be happy if they brought him in as a short tetm fix

At first I was against signing Gore 100%, but now I wouldn't mind it. Here's why. We have several holes to fill on both sides of the ball, and Gore would only be a stopgap for a year or two until we draft his replacement. He's still a pretty good RB too, even at 31, and he would still upgrade our run game and most likely he'd rush for 1,000 plus yards. He probably wouldn't be too expensive either. So I think he'd be a fine option for next season, just not too much longer after that. What we should do if we sign him is still draft a RB in the 4th or 5th to develop though.

I agree. I almost wouldn't mind it and he would fit in great here.

Gore is going to be 32 years old and he has carried the ball 200+ times every year since 2006. I don't really see this guy being the answer, even in the short term. He might have put up 1,000 yards behind the 49ers o-line, but the Colts are no where near that level. I'll be surprised if Gore can stay healthy for another full season as well.

I'd run the other direction. I'm really not interested in the guy to begin with, but for a minimal contract, no harm. Nearly $4m/year? No thanks.

I agree with you 100%. People get way too excited over a name. He turns 32 in two months and he has had the wheels run off of him. I'd sign him to a one year deal but anything more is ridiculous.

I'd run the other direction. I'm really not interested in the guy to begin with, but for a minimal contract, no harm. Nearly $4m/year? No thanks.

Probably no cap hit though if release after year 1. 3 year, 11 million...4 million guaranteed. No cap hit if released after year 1.

Played in and being effective in are two different things. He only had 4 TDs this year. He had 1100 yards this season so that's less than 70 yards per game. Not what you call a running back that's earning his salary of over 6 million a year. Plus he will be 32 years old. Like I said, pass.

how many of our rbs had 70 yard games and rushed for 4 tds this year?

Probably no cap hit though if release after year 1. 3 year, 11 million...4 million guaranteed. No cap hit if released after year 1.

I wouldn't do one year, $4m for Gore at this point. When we signed Bradshaw initially, he was much younger, had less mileage, and he only got ~$1.4m. That's about what I'd offer Gore.

I agree with you 100%. People get way too excited over a name. He turns 32 in two months and he has had the wheels run off of him. I'd sign him to a one year deal but anything more is ridiculous.

We could sign him to 4/16m and you could change your name to FGoreWasaSteal

How many other RBs in the league made 6 million a year and had 4 TDs?

He won't make 6 mil next year. He's 32.

He's going to be in the neighborhood of 1.5-2.5mil for this year. Yeah he had a 1000 yard season, but age is catching up to him. 

I'd be ok with going Gore-Bradshaw-Herron as our 3 RBs with Gore taking over Richardson's duties in the same rotation that we had this year. 

People have been saying for years that age is catching up to him. What has he done? Put up four straight 1000 yards seasons. 

Reggie's getting up there in age? Why should resign him? Oh yeah, BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD PLAYER!!!!

There is no denying Frank Gore is a good player. Bring in him on a 1-2 year, 3-4 million deal. He would INSTANTLY be an upgrade in our backfield. 

He's better than Tipton, and there's no guarantee Ballard can come back and play well.Richardson is going to get cut.Who do you think the Colts have under contract that is a better runningback than Gore?

Bradshaw although not under contract is not gone yet , and Frank although good is over 30 not a good choice . When you look at a RB you must always look at the OL .Is SFs better than ours as it sets ? Probably so is he really that good does he really fit ? This draft has some very good looking RBs with young legs and you don't actually need to blow a first round or possibly 2nd round to get them. Some will be there in the third.

He's better than Tipton, and there's no guarantee Ballard can come back and play well.Richardson is going to get cut.Who do you think the Colts have under contract that is a better runningback than Gore?

Just wondering how long does everyone want to continue the revolving door of RBs ? Or due we want a young stud to c arry the load for 4 or5 years ?

It is a gimme the colts bring in someone in FA. Who are the other options besides gore? Murray-injury prone, ran behind a good line Spiller-injury prone hasn't played well lately, Moreno-injury prone, Forsett-old as well, McFadden-injury prone hasn't played well huge risk, Ingram-played well last year, ryan matthews-injuries, chris johnson- just No, Bradshaw-good but injury prone.

Gore-old

With all of the other RBs we may have to get Gore, if not gore bring in Ingram. Although gore is old he is more durable than most of the other rbs. No reason not to bring in a good vet.

He won't make 6 mil next year. He's 32.

He's going to be in the neighborhood of 1.5-2.5mil for this year. Yeah he had a 1000 yard season, but age is catching up to him. 

I'd be ok with going Gore-Bradshaw-Herron as our 3 RBs with Gore taking over Richardson's duties in the same rotation that we had this year. 

I understand that but my comment was directed to another post. He talked about him averaging 70 yds. a game and 4 TDs last season.