Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gore interested in Colts

backshoulderfade

For what it's worth, these were Gore's stats for 2014....

att       yds       avg     long    td

Frank Gore   255    1,106      4.3      52     4

Even if we signed him,  there would be nothing to stopping the Colts from ALSO drafting a RB.

It doesn't have to be one or the other.     I'm not sure why anyone would make that argument.

Our RB position is extremely fluid.

why not? Get gore, draft a running back in the mid/late rounds and keep Boom. Let go of Ballard and Bradshaw.

Exactly what I was going to say. Get rid of every RB but Boom and sign Gore, draft someone like Langford.

I might think differently in a couple months but right now that sounds realistic and a decent option.

I thought the headline meant Al Gore..

Im saying..why would he want to buy the Colts???

Me too....figured he was mad at the Colts causing Global Warming, or Cooling, or what ever the heck he thinks is going on right now.

(Al Gore owning the Colts would ensure I would need to find a new team.....so let's hope that never happens)

why not? Get gore, draft a running back in the mid/late rounds and keep Boom. Let go of Ballard and Bradshaw.

idk why Ballard is still on the team to be honest. After that injury this season, i wouldve just cut ties. Thats 2 in a row.

idk why Ballard is still on the team to be honest. After that injury this season, i wouldve just cut ties. Thats 2 in a row.

Same with bradshaw. He has proven repeatedly that he can't stay healthy for 16 games. Gore would provide a half back that knows how to stay healthy. 

Gore's best days are behind him bring in a younger guy like Roy Helu. I really think he would be a good fit for our offense. Has been stuck behind Morris still a lot of tread left on his tires. Then we grab a back late or maybe a diamond in the rough UDFA.

Boom is in a RFA could see a major shake up in our backfield. I would love to have some speed.

Before any of that we have to get the O Line squared away. 

I hope we go BPA but I hope that is O Line and a couple of splash players on D the first 2 days but if Coleman is sitting there in the 3rd might be to good to pass up. It is hard to get a read on him at the next level and the big ten's history when it comes to RB's isn't great. I'd be surprised to see a skill player the first 2 days.

Why not do both?   Gore could fill the Ahmad Bradshaw role.  Dump Trent and take a young scat back in the draft.   Not holding my breath on the dump Trent part of the equation though.  lol 

Don't see dumping Trent as realistic, I also expect Ballard to be brought in to compete in TC since he has a year left on his deal if he is healthy. We need a Scat Back which we could get late in the draft ....We also have Herron and Tipton and Hill...I don't expect Bradshaw back

Maybe we go into TC with

Gore

Trent

Ballard

Draft Pick

Herron

Hill even

Tipton

But I get the feeling Grigson will want to stay young at the position and improve the O Line one way or the other....Of course I could be way off and probably am. If Gore lands with the Colts then great of course

No.  It lets Grigson off the hook for drafting a real running back...and he will just blow the early picks on more 'Werner"s for Chuckles's monster.

Today is a new day - game day even.  I challenge to not say anything completely ridiculous today, maybe even something positive.  Would be a refreshing change.

Gore has been a legit runner his entire career but I would not lean on him to carry the load at this point.

As fanatical as it may sound, I expect this team, at minimum, to reach the Super Bowl. I just have that much faith in Andrew.

If we dont make it, the only consolation imo, would be if we landed Melvin Gordon in the draft.

We need to give Andrew his "Edge".

Gore has been a legit runner his entire career but I would not lean on him to carry the load at this point.

As fanatical as it may sound, I expect this team, at minimum, to reach the Super Bowl. I just have that much faith in Andrew.

If we dont make it, the only consolation imo, would be if we landed Melvin Gordon in the draft.

We need to give Andrew his "Edge".

Melvin Gordon will be gone before we draft. Also, i don't see grigs using a 1st rounder on a rb