Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bring on the bengals

Stephen

Would rather play the Steelers. They are a better and tougher team. No reason to take an easy road just to get demolished by the Pats once again. :/

That's dumb logic. Any team or person that knows sports would take the easiest road to the SB. The whole "play an easy team and fail next week" is ridiculous. Bengals are far from easy and a win in the playoffs no matter who it's against can be great momentum. 

Go Colts! Let's hope it's a repeat from earlier this season. 27-0 Colts!

Of all the possibilities, this one favors us the most.  We've already beat them once, we can do it again.  Unfortunately with 10,000 tickets still outstanding, there will probably be a lot of orange in the stadium. 

I did my part and bought tickets the first day they were available.

(Don't tell crazycolt1 that I said something positive, I do have my reputation to protect, btw)

Of all the possibilities, this one favors us the most. We've already beat them once, we can do it again. Unfortunately with 10,000 tickets still outstanding, there will probably be a lot of orange in the stadium.

I did my part and bought tickets the first day they were available.

(Don't tell crazycolt1 that I said something positive, I do have my reputation to protect, btw)

i was gonna go if it was saturday now i can't :(

That's dumb logic. Any team or person that knows sports would take the easiest road to the SB. The whole "play an easy team and fail next week" is ridiculous. Bengals are far from easy and a win in the playoffs no matter who it's against can be great momentum.

Go Colts! Let's hope it's a repeat from earlier this season. 27-0 Colts!

Guess I don't know sports.

Why would we not want to beat the tougher team!? When I played I always wanted to. If you can beat a great team that demolished you earlier in the season that would be a HUGE confidence booster and prove that you belong. It would also bring in a huge boost going to NE.

Man, you must have been devastated when we played New England at home in the 2006 playoffs instead of going to San Diego.

No way! The Colts can't beat SD. SD is one team that the Colts just can't play against. If the Colts played a great game and the Pats play a horrible game the Colts have a chance this year. If we can beat the Bengals. They are pretty good. Can't write them off. I'm just saying how it is. This team has shown nothing to give me confidence in the last half of the season. Of course I want the Colts to win and suprise me.

Why would we not want to beat the tougher team!? When I played I always wanted to. If you can beat a great team that demolished you earlier in the season that would be a HUGE confidence booster and prove that you belong. It would also bring in a huge boost going to NE.

In sports, you want to beat whomever is put in front of you. 

I think the Bengals looked really good on Monday night. Tonight, was kind of meh. The AFC as a whole has been inconsistent. Earlier in the year, we looked like the team to beat, Brady looked like he was on his way out, and Denver was Denver. Now, it's just weird. I think we can beat the Bengals, but we have to contain Jeremy Hill, rattle Andy Dalton, and hit A.J. Green. We can't turn the ball over. We can't start slow. We can't be down 14-0 before we play with urgency. If our offense finds their stride again, and the defense plays like they did against the Ravens and Bengals earlier in the year, we could absolutely win the Lamar Hunt trophy and potentially the Lombardi!

The Bengals don't scare me. But we can't let our win from earlier in the year make the team complacent. If the Bengals lose, does Lewis get fired for not being able to win a playoff game?

I feel like Lewis is on the hot seat every year. I wouldn't be shocked if he's fired, but I don't know that it would be a wise decision.

I think the Steelers are one of the better teams in the league, especially the second half of the season.  They can knock off anybody, IMO.

So I'd rather play the Bengals.

I'd rather play the Bengals as well -- we match up against them better than we do with Pitt.

Baltimore has a very legitimate shot at beating Pitt, especially if Le'Veon Bell can't go next week.  If Baltimore wins, they would go to New England.

My best case scenario: We beat Cincy, Baltimore beats Pitt.  We go to Denver (where I think we can win), Baltimore goes to New England and wins (I actually think Baltimore may be the best match vs. NE in the AFC). Baltimore comes to Indy. Indy goes to Arizona. 

*Disclaimer: Not saying this will happen -- just saying I think it is possible and that we got the best possible break with today's outcomes (i.e., Baltimore making playoffs over SD and Pitt beating Cincy).

I think there is a great chance that Baltimore wins Pittsburgh...which means the colts win the bengals and then go to Denver. We stand a decent chance against Denver...I'm sorry but I don't covet the bye week...it more often than not seems to me it proves to be a detriment than a benefit.

Playoffs are different...I don't think you can write anyone off regardless of the regular season record or performance.

My best case scenario: We beat Cincy, Baltimore beats Pitt.  We go to Denver (where I think we can win), Baltimore goes to New England and wins (I actually think Baltimore may be the best match vs. NE in the AFC). Baltimore comes to Indy. Indy goes to Arizona to face Carolina. 

I agree that's the most favorable path; but there was one thing missing lol

You are 100% correct...............you dont know sports     :thmup:  :thmup:

You are 100% correct...............you dont know sports :thmup::thmup:

Thanks for letting me know! ;) never played, cheered, or watched before! Figured the first week of what everyone is calling the playoffs would be a fantastic time to see what all this "sports" hype is about!

IMO I think the best match ups worked to the Colts advantage. In the end the Colts will have to go on the road I think but till that time comes I am happy we are at home against Cincy. One step at a time. We cant worry about going to New England or Denver if we don't take care of business at home.

IMO I think the best match ups worked to the Colts advantage. In the end the Colts will have to go on the road I think but till that time comes I am happy we are at home against Cincy. One step at a time. We cant worry about going to New England or Denver if we don't take care of business at home.

Yes, we definitely will be on the road under any circumstance (assuming we move on after Cincy). In the end I don't think being @ home or on the road makes much of a difference to the team we have today...they can play well and horrible in any situation. We've seen it all year long regardless of the stadium. 2 home losses and 3 road losses. 

Everyone remember our last preseason game against the Bengals...sure it was preseason but the Bengals whopped us 35-7. The team (just like you said) has to take care of Cincinnati first before worrying about Denver (which is who we'll play put money on it!). :)

Yes, we definitely will be on the road under any circumstance (assuming we move on after Cincy). In the end I don't think being @ home or on the road makes much of a difference to the team we have today...they can play well and horrible in any situation. We've seen it all year long regardless of the stadium. 2 home losses and 3 road losses. 

Everyone remember our last preseason game against the Bengals...sure it was preseason but the Bengals whopped us 35-7. The team (just like you said) has to take care of Cincinnati first before worrying about Denver (which is who we'll play put money on it!). :)

I wouldn't put too much stock into that preseason game.  We've been getting crushed by the Bengals in that last preseason game practically every year even when Peyton was here.  I do agree however that we will need to prepare very well for this playoff game because it still will be no walk in the park like the last time we faced them.

Sure we would love to beat the tougher team. But why not make that tougher team the 2nd week after an easier game? You don't want your playoff run to be against the best teams...the chances of you moving on are much less. 

Any playoff win would provide a huge confidence boost going to NE or Den. It's one game at a time anyways, we need to focus on beating the Bengals then focus on the next team. 

I didn't say you don't know sports, I was simply saying your logic is flawed. Every game in the NFL is tough, why make it even tougher on your team?

Sure we would love to beat the tougher team. But why not make that tougher team the 2nd week after an easier game? You don't want your playoff run to be against the best teams...the chances of you moving on are much less.

Any playoff win would provide a huge confidence boost going to NE or Den. It's one game at a time anyways, we need to focus on beating the Bengals then focus on the next team.

I didn't say you don't know sports, I was simply saying your logic is flawed. Every game in the NFL is tough, why make it even tougher on your team?

I feel ya. Just thinking with the way this team has played as of late we could use the preparation before playing either Denver or NE. But CIN will be good preparation. I'm just hoping at a chance of playing DEN or NE.

Go Colts!

I think the Steelers are one of the better teams in the league, especially the second half of the season.  They can knock off anybody, IMO.

So I'd rather play the Bengals.

I sort of see what you are saying about the Steelers. However, since week 8 they lost to the Jets and Saints, and barely beat the Titans and Falcons. Is that really that much better than the Colts getting blown out by the Pats and Cowboys and barely beating the Browns and Texans?

I sort of see what you are saying about the Steelers. However, since week 8 they lost to the Jets and Saints, and barely beat the Titans and Falcons. Is that really that much better than the Colts getting blown out by the Pats and Cowboys and barely beating the Browns and Texans?

It's worse, actually. The Browns and Texans were better than the Titans and Falcons. And obviously the Jets and Saints are worse than the Pats.

The Colts haven't been particularly sharp down the stretch, but since the Pats game, they're 5-1. This general feeling that we backed into the playoffs is kind of off the mark...

It's worse, actually. The Browns and Texans were better than the Titans and Falcons. And obviously the Jets and Saints are worse than the Pats.

The Colts haven't been particularly sharp down the stretch, but since the Pats game, they're 5-1. This general feeling that we backed into the playoffs is kind of off the mark...

Agreed. I will say that in the games Pitt won down the stretch they looked better than the Colts. I think the point is that Pitt (and pretty much every other team in the AFC playoffs except for the Pats, who still have some warts) has been inconsistent throughout the second half. 

Agreed. I will say that in the games Pitt won down the stretch they looked better than the Colts. I think the point is that Pitt (and pretty much every other team in the AFC playoffs except for the Pats, who still have some warts) has been inconsistent throughout the second half. 

The Pats lost to a good Green Bay team, then barely beat the Jets in Week 16. Like you said, everyone has hit some speed bumps lately. 

I don't mind it if we do have to play New England in Foxborough.  I think this time around since we've lost at home and on the road to the Pats we can erase the mystique of playing in Foxborough from our minds and just go play hard nosed football.  I want to get over that hump.

If ravens beat steelers we go to Denver I think.And they demolish us, not the Cheatiots.

You are correct! And I think either of them will, Unless the Colts come into the playoffs and suprise everyone!

Andrew Luck can't seem to figure the Pats out and we have no running game. We lost big mid season. We lose big again in playoffs vs. pats.

Think the Denver game would be closer. Week one it was sort of close. We need pass rush which we can't seem to get. Close but we lose.

We still need to beat te Bengals this weekend. I think we can if the Colts come out and play like they are capable of.

The playoff atmosphere should light a fire under the Colts and hopefully we will see improvement in play from the past couple weeks!

Go Colts!!!!