Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne to have Surgery on Triceps

TKnight24

Maybe he'll secretly let the fellas know he's retiring after this season. I wonder if it will cause a Ray Lewis effect and everyone puts extra focus into winning in the playoffs for Reggie? I'm just messing around, I don't know

i think he's been dropping hints he is going to retire at season's end all year.

@terrymc13: #Colts WR Reggie Wayne says he is dealing with the triceps injury that has plagued him. Says he will have surgery after the season.

Plans to tough it out apparently then get the medical attention when the season ends

:coltslogo:

Misleading title. It should include "in the offseason" or "after the season", etc.

Really? He should have been IR'd.. But ... records and keeping warm and fuzzy relationships are far more important to this staff than getting the best team on the field.

Oh well.. good for you Reggie..

I said when we first got word about this that Reggie should've been IR'd. You can't play with torn triceps. Just doesn't happen

I never knew a tricep injury could keep someone from getting open/seperation. If he comes back next year, maybe we can get him a power scooter that is at no cost to him. :thmup:

As you saw in the Browns game, he was open, but you CAN'T catch a football being thrown by an NFL QB with a TORN TRICEP. Doesn't happen

I remember you quite emphatically saying he WILL be IR'd as if it were fact, which annoyed a lot of us and, unsurprisingly, turned out to be wrong.

And long and behold while I was wrong due to a incompetent coaching staff, the Colts now trot out a WR that does NOTHING for the team. But hey, if me being wrong is more important than the team being worthless on offense.... So be it

You're not doing anything with torn triceps

And long and behold while I was wrong due to a incompetent coaching staff, the Colts now trot out a WR that does NOTHING for the team. But hey, if me being wrong is more important than the team being worthless on offense.... So be it

Whether or not he should have been IR'd is irrelevant. The problem is you stating things so emphatically like they're facts when they are not. Hell, you've created threads apologizing for being wrong about someone or something and then you go right back to stating your opinions, often times contrary opinions to the majority, as if they're facts.

As you saw in the Browns game, he was open, but you CAN'T catch a football being thrown by an NFL QB with a TORN TRICEP. Doesn't happen

For the love of God.  

He has played with a torn triceps.  Has had some good games with the injury.  I am less concerned about the triceps than I am about his inability to separate like he once did.  But this stating opinion that he can't as fact is completely laughable and shockingly wrong.

For the love of God.  

He has played with a torn triceps.  Has had some good games with the injury.  I am less concerned about the triceps than I am about his inability to separate like he once did.  But this stating opinion that he can't as fact is completely laughable and shockingly wrong.

no point arguing with <insert appropriate adjective here>.

He's just shy of getting Marvin Harrison's team records for receptions and yards so I don't think he is retiring, even though I wish he would. Same reason I don't think Manning will retire, he still doesn't have Favre's yardage record. I really do think these are important to the players even though they say they aren't.

do you ever tire of being wrong?

He's just shy of getting Marvin Harrison's team records for receptions and yards so I don't think he is retiring, even though I wish he would. Same reason I don't think Manning will retire, he still doesn't have Favre's yardage record. I really do think these are important to the players even though they say they aren't.

It's foolish to put records over your health. Sure they have the money to spend on top flight medical but why do that if you can avoid it?

I never knew a tricep injury could keep someone from getting open/seperation. If he comes back next year, maybe we can get him a power scooter that is at no cost to him. :thmup:

He was getting open earlier in the year -- he's had a few pretty good games since his injury -- I think it is effecting his ability to catch a little bit more and also may be causing him to play with some hesitation, causing him to avoid contact and probably limiting his ability to push-off/play hands' games with DBs (not that you're supposed to push-off, but there is often contact within that first 5 yards where a torn triceps can limit strength and be painful enough to want to either avoid the contact or to lose any battle which involves contact).

I honestly think Reggie has another year or 2 in him and can play at a relatively high level -- especially if TY and Moncrief continue to develop and allow Reggie to be confident in playing a more limited role.  Reggie is only 1 below-average (for him) year away from breaking Marvin's reception and receiving yardage records and from solidifying himself as a HOFer.

IMO if correct and at his age and when the ACL took place is takes almost 2 years to fully recover from a ACL tear, The older you are the longer it takes to heal just a opinion, I also stated if his tricep injury happened during the cincy game they should of put him on IR, With that said I believe he has maybe one year left to prove if he has fully recovered from his injury so before we judge and if he does not retire lets see what he does during training camp

Didn't Ray Lewis play with a similar injury or was it is biceps?

It was his triceps, and it was a worse injury.  He took some kind of 'antler' spray or concoction and who knows what else.  Ray Lewis' triceps are about the size of Reggie's hamstrings -- I am pretty sure something illegal or something that ought to be illegal helped him recover from that.  Ray also wore that crazy brace similar to what JJ Watt wears and didn't really have to worry as much about extending his arms fully or catching balls which probably make his position a little bit easier to wear a big protective brace like that.  Reggie's worst game this year he had a similar type of brace and he said afterwards it was very uncomfortable and that he couldn't get used to it.

This is Reggie Wayne's game log for the YEAR.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WaynRe00.htm

He is playing LESS than average...    He is hurting this team being on the field.   Slow, drops, and just not a WR2 in the NFL.    And our HC, who I am sure feels he "owes" those who stood behind him, is not doing what he should...      BENCH HIM.       Nicks is playing better of late.   wth???

Oh well..    It's Chucks career.       And I am telling you all ..    If this team takes a dive in the playoffs Irsay will look at the situation hard,.  

T Rich said it in an interview with BIG JOE...    the other day..   "we NEED to help Andrew" ...     Players AND COACHES need too.

older, injuries, less production, and high salary tell me it's time to move on. irsay/polian waited too long with harrison (i believe it was more irsay), hopefully the same mistake isn't made with wayne. i would only bring him back at the vet minimum salary as the third wr.

yep, can't possibly make a tough catch in traffic with a torn tricep