Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Cowboys Game Day Thread

Dallas is going to have to hand this game back to us in order to even have a peek at a chance. 

1. If McDonald catches the ball, do you say the same thing? It was a good call because Dewey was wide open. Furthermore, it looked like the players called the audible after the Cowboys defender crashed down.

2. Pagano is not in charge of offensive play-calls. That's Pep.

He hasn't dropped one this game

If he had made the catch it wouldn't have made a difference in my opinion. I was screaming to my best friend the whole time...No...what are you doing? Players got to execute true but you don't make that gamble there. Too early in the game and too close to our own end zone. You are essentially giving the other team at least 3 points if you fail to convert. It reaked of desperation. Pagano is the head coach and Pep has his buy in on the game plan etc. but heck as far as I'm concerned Pep can kick rocks along with Pagano.

How do we know what he hasn't done?  The mistakes so far have been all on the players.  Poor execution by the players.  Pep's play-calling was bad to start, but the players should be executing.

What plays has Pagano called?

A fake punt on 4th and 13, backed up on your own end zone, in the first quarter, with sooooo much to lose and little to gain is not good coaching. Consistently coming out flat is not good coaching.

Look, I like Pagano. I am not at all calling for his job or anything close. But I can be critical, especially given that we see the same slow starts-- and not just this season, but last season as well. It's a MAJOR problem and he doesn't have the know how to fix it. This would not be an issue with Bill Bellichick.

We're still in this. A pick 6 or some kind of turnover would give us some momentum back

I love your optimism I really do..

Il give you my house if we win

Simms needs his mouth smashed. He's done nothing but talk crap this whole game and just said that locking up the division doesn't mean anything.

We're still in this. A pick 6 or some kind of turnover would give us some momentum back

This coaching staff is so awful. As is the GM. If Andy Dalton had been our QB for the past 3 year they wouldn't have jobs.

We're still in this.  A pick 6 or some kind of turnover would give us some momentum back

Dallas is going to have to collapse. Effectively, we're out of this game unless Dallas gifts us a chance. I NEVER quit early, but I'm done with this. You can smell the stink. We stink, we've gotten progressively worse during the time of year when good teams improve. 

If he had made the catch it wouldn't have made a difference. I'm was screaming to my best friend the whole time...No...what are you doing? Players got to execute true but you don't make that gamble there. Too early in the game and too close to our own end zone. You are essentially giving the other team at least 3 points if you fail to convert. It reaked of desperation. Pagano is the head coach and Pep has his buy in on the game plan etc. but heck as far as I'm concerned Pep can kick rocks along with Pagano.

A fake punt on 4th and 13, backed up on your own end zone, in the first quarter, with sooooo much to lose and little to gain is not good coaching. Consistently coming out flat is not good coaching.

Look, I like Pagano. I am not at all calling for his job or anything close. But I can be critical, especially given that we see the same slow starts-- and not just this season, but last season as well. It's a MAJOR problem and he doesn't have the know how to fix it. This would not be an issue with Bill Bellichick.

If you ask me, that was a good call.  But again, it looked like the players made the audible after the Cowboys player crashed to the line.  It was a good call because we nearly converted on it.  That's 100% on McDonald

We need to be able to control the clock against good teams. We run the football just fine against Jacksonville or Tennessee, but against New England or Dallas all of a sudden Luck has no help.

Plus or minus 49 points for the Cowboys this game?

the only way they don't score more than 49 is if they pull their starters which they probably will.

lmao I'll hold you to it!

Dallas is going to have to collapse. Effectively, we're out of this game unless Dallas gifts us a chance. I NEVER quit early, but I'm done with this. You can smell the stink. We stink, we've gotten progressively worse during the time of year when good teams improve. 

It's not looking good, but it's still early.  There is lots of time and a lot happens in an NFL game.  I'm not saying we will come back and win it.  I'm just saying the opportunity is still there

Interesting to watch people try to defend what is happening here- you don't perform this bad without being unprepared by the coaches and uninspired in passion to play. Defense is being beaten by every call, Dallas counters too easily and we are too sloppy in tackling, blitzes don't get to the QB, aren't covering WR's...you know. playing professional football.  No creativity on O....

If you ask me, that was a good call.  But again, it looked like the players made the audible after the Cowboys player crashed to the line.  It was a good call because we nearly converted on it.  That's 100% on McDonald

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Pagano coaches like a bad Madden player in my opinion. Lol

Dallas is going to have to hand this game back to us in order to even have a peek at a chance. 

We'd drop it.

In this argument, I have the advantage of hind sight. It absolutely led to 7 points for Dallas and therefore, it was a horrible call.

As a coach, you make a pro/con decision. In that situation, the con way outweighed the pros. There was no reason to go for the fake punt, and therefore, it was still a bad decision even before the play.

Fake punt was a good call. Coaches try to put players in positions to succeed. McDonald HAS TO MAKE THAT CATCH!

My biggest concerns are ol blocking and pass defense.

Romo is capable of doing just that, but the Colts would need to be ready to compete - we are here to just go through the motions.