Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2015 Free Agents

Smash Mouth

I was reading NFL.com and saw this article on Top 2015 FAs 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438283/article/2015-top-10-nfl-free-agents-who-could-be-on-market

I'm not clear on where we stand on cap space and I know sometime soon Luck, TY, and the TEs are going to have to get paid as rookie contracts come to an end.  I don't see us having a shot at anyone in the Top 10.  Frankly the only two that I would want would be Demaryius and Iupati.  Iupati could anchor the OL and elevate the running game.  He's only 27 and he's been durable.  But he will get top dollar.

1. Ndamukong Suh
  2. Justin Houston
  3. Dez
  4. Demaryius Thomas
  5. Revis Island
  6. Julius Thomas
  7. Mike Iupati
  8. Demarco Murray
  9. Jason Pierre Paul
  10. Randall Cobb

But there are some interesting names that emerge that are outside iof the Top 10:  Devin McCourty (we need a safety), Mark Ingram (we need a RB), Jerry Hughes (19 sacks in the past 2 seasons).  I thought Polian got it right with Hughes and that Grigson and Pagano were hasty in letting him go when they got here.

Dez and DT are almost certainly being re-signed.  Honestly I think we should mostly stand pat in terms of free agents and concentrate on extending Hilton, Allen, Fleener etc.  

Maybe some lower profile free agents for depth etc.  Maybe someone to play right guard.

But the TE's and WR's we really don't need, especially at the money they will be demanding.

I like Suh's talent but he loses control too often and costs his team.  I don't want that here.  Besides he would probably cost a ton.  

Don't want Murray . . . RB's that lead the league usually see significant regression the next year.

Mike justin and JPP are only ones who won't get resigned

There were some rumors earlier about Suh not being signed.  Money, not performance.

It wouldn't surprise me if Revis isn't signed either, simply because someone will pay him more than the Pats.

I was reading NFL.com and saw this article on Top 2015 FAs 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438283/article/2015-top-10-nfl-free-agents-who-could-be-on-market

I'm not clear on where we stand on cap space and I know sometime soon Luck, TY, and the TEs are going to have to get paid as rookie contracts come to an end.  I don't see us having a shot at anyone in the Top 10.  Frankly the only two that I would want would be Demaryius and Iupati.  Iupati could anchor the OL and elevate the running game.  He's only 27 and he's been durable.  But he will get top dollar.

1. Ndamukong Suh
  2. Justin Houston
  3. Dez
  4. Demaryius Thomas
  5. Revis Island
  6. Julius Thomas
  7. Mike Iupati
  8. Demarco Murray
  9. Jason Pierre Paul
  10. Randall Cobb

But there are some interesting names that emerge that are outside iof the Top 10:  Devin McCourty (we need a safety), Mark Ingram (we need a RB), Jerry Hughes (19 sacks in the past 2 seasons).  I thought Polian got it right with Hughes and that Grigson and Pagano were hasty in letting him go when they got here.

If i could have my absolute Wishes would be for Suh, but realistically i see him being resigned so Lupati it is.

King Dunlap LT from Chargers is also a free agent next season. Wouldn't mind picking him up and moving AC.

Castanzo is a very good LT and probably better than Dunlap IMO. Why would we replace one of our only strengths on the O Line when we have weaknesses at G and possibly C?

Castanzo is a very good LT and probably better than Dunlap IMO. Why would we replace one of our only strengths on the O Line when we have weaknesses at G and possibly C?

No way is he better than Dunlap. He isn't one of our strengths. Both Thornton and Cherlius have played and are hurt. Those two when healthy are our best. The rest of the line are rookies so struggle is expected. We get an actual elite LT and watch the Oline work a lot better. AC option was picked up just for show. There isn't and will not be a need to tender him. He is a Polian guy and he'll be gone after 2015 or he'll be moved.

No way is he better than Dunlap. He isn't one of our strengths. Both Thornton and Cherlius have played and are hurt. Those two when healthy are our best. The rest of the line are rookies so struggle is expected. We get an actual elite LT and watch the Oline work a lot better. AC option was picked up just for show. There isn't and will not be a need to tender him. He is a Polian guy and he'll be gone after 2015 or he'll be moved.

"Both Thornton and Cherlius have played and are hurt. Those two when healthy are our best."

you just made it hard for me to take you serious about your evaluation of who is good and who is not

haha "Thornton and Cherilus our best"

I'd GLADLY place a HUGE wager on AC being resigned and playing LT here next year. Give it up, AC isn't going any where.

Do you think there is any chance the Cowboys don't re-sign him?  I think he would take our offense to the next level, but I don't think the Cowboys would let him go

I remember a story from a week or 2 ago, saying that the cowboys prize Dez over Demarco. I don't see how he gets out of Dallas alive

Dez seems like he would be a dream come true. That is until you envision him berating Luck, Pep, and the rest of the coaching staff during a game. Anyone see him last night? He's a certified *. Sure Romo is a bad QB I'll give him that, but still.

Suh is the next Haynesworth IMO.

Dez seems like he would be a dream come true. That is until you envision him berating Luck, Pep, and the rest of the coaching staff during a game. Anyone see him last night? He's a certified *. Sure Romo is a bad QB I'll give him that, but still.

Suh is the next Haynesworth IMO.

I don't think Suh is like Haynesworth at all.  That dude has a mean-streak that when (if) harnessed is unique.  I just don't trust his mental approach.