Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Butler, Mewhort, Thornton, Art Jones all OUT.

Dustin

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true.....I am torn between right and left with Reitz.  I think Reitz is a tougher blocker for Watt.  But he and AC work well together.

Watt typically lines up as DE on base D, but seems to almost always come inside when they go Nickel...  and they always target him on what they feel is weakest lineman in that situation.

Watt typically lines up as DE on base D, but seems to almost always come inside when they go Nickel...  and they always target him on what they feel is weakest lineman in that situation.

So....leave Reitz where I want him in the first place..LG!!!  Number 99 is everywhere.  I love to watch him.  Maybe we can get some of that blood flowing out of his nose :)

I was much more about last game than this one.

I agree the short week and the Texans having been in the state of Texas for almost a month is a little troublesome but they are on a short week as well. I would imagine Foster likes the extra time to rest after his back surgery. They have plenty of older players and bumps and bruises too.

It is a division game so it will be hard fought but I think we get the W if we make Houston beat us and don't help them. No turnovers, smart special teams plays, no short fields make them drive the ball. The things a good team does we should be fine.

Then the extra rest should help us get healthy and rested for the Cinny @Pittt and @NYG tough little stretch. Then the bye before NE comes to town. I really like how the schedule sets up for us.

I am almost positive.....but painkillers may still have me off base :)

Either way he was a starter and is a great back up. He is replacing Thorton and Louis is replacing a rookie. This line is a good as anyone we have run out there this year.

I wish they'd figure the ankle injuries out are we wrapping with scotch tape??

Either way he was a starter and is a great back up. He is replacing Thorton and Louis is replacing a rookie. This line is a good as anyone we have run out there this year.

I wish they'd figure the ankle injuries out are we wrapping with scotch tape??

Yep...I agree.  Lets play football!!  :)  Out of likes...may need to come back tomorrow :)

We overload the left....could see some big runs IMO.  Looking forward to seeing if Harrison goes on the road.

We can also surprise a few folks by moving our underrated Jack Doyle towards the weak side for run blocking. Have Dwayne Allen on one side and the SAM typically takes that strong side and the whole line moves left with Doyle as the 2nd TE/HB blocking with a head of steam :)

I agree the short week and the Texans having been in the state of Texas for almost a month is a little troublesome but they are on a short week as well. I would imagine Foster likes the extra time to rest after his back surgery. They have plenty of older players and bumps and bruises too.

It is a division game so it will be hard fought but I think we get the W if we make Houston beat us and don't help them. No turnovers, smart special teams plays, no short fields make them drive the ball. The things a good team does we should be fine.

Then the extra rest should help us get healthy and rested for the Cinny @Pittt and @NYG tough little stretch. Then the bye before NE comes to town. I really like how the schedule sets up for us.

Tend to agree with your analysis however run out of likes. :thmup:

We can also surprise a few folks by moving our underrated Jack Doyle towards the weak side for run blocking. Have Dwayne Allen on one side and the SAM typically takes that strong side and the whole line moves left with Doyle as the 2nd TE/HB blocking with a head of steam :)

Good point Jack is quitely making a name for himself , hes been a pleasant surprise.

Reitz is certainly a lot better than McGlynn was at guard so I'm not terribly worried. It just sucks to have Thorton and Mewhort gone win they looked good.

The Texans don't have anyone in the slot to worry about so Butler's presence shouldn't be missed that much. Hopkins and Johnson are outside receivers, and we already know Vontae is going to take Johnson out of the game. It'll be Hopkins on Toler as the matchup to watch.

Foster is regaining his old form, so Jones being out isn't the best news, but the run D has played pretty good. They made LeSean McCoy look like Shonn Greene. I assume RJF gets the start there.

Harrison's pass blocking could be a factor against Watt though, 0 pressures given up last week going against Ngata is impressive. Messed up a bit at times but still solid in pass protection.

Harrison did not face Ngata.  Ngata is a DE not a DT or NT for Baltimore. Nor will Harrison face Watt unless they stunt Watt to the inside.

Lets throw all we have at em...got Abrams Tank?  :)  Agreed!!

Freeman is also questionable for the game.  Hopefully A. Jackson sees the field more than Josh "Zero Field Awareness" McNary

McNary has disappointed me very much.  I would like to see what the 'thumper can do as well.  Not sure he is any help covering TEs.  He is slower than McNary.  

Nothing about the prediction, but I do have your avatar as my fantasy football team photo; it is a good choice

I too can't make a prediction because I do not know what the short time frame will do to preparation and on field execution.

But I have your Avatar come to life again on Dancing with the Stars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ims5H7-J9_4

McNary has disappointed me very much.  I would like to see what the 'thumper can do as well.  Not sure he is any help covering TEs.  He is slower than McNary.  

He may have a slower 40 time but he doesn't look slow on the football field and McNary is so slow to react to the play that any raw speed he has is negated.  It's one of the reasons why I think moving him to OLB would help.  Tell him... run up field, if the RB is coming to your side tackle him, if you can't tackle him make him cut back to the inside.