Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFFs top guards- Mewhort #17!

Nobody

http://i.imgur.com/epYE0Xr.png

Certainly promising early results, this is by far the best OL Andrew has had thus far.

Rookie Kalil Mack is also the highest graded LB in the NFL, such a stud.

And Hugh Thornton is #26 overall but they're both rated excellent in pass blocking with Mewhort #10 and Thornton #12, allowing only 1 sack between the two (Thornton).

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the tackles are rated?

Anthony Castonzo is the 6th overall OT and 3rd overall LT with a +5.4 overall +6.1 PB and -0.6 RB.

Gosder Cherilus is 30th overall OT and 13th overall RT with a 0.9 overall PB 2.1 and RB -0.1 (his overall takes a hit from a -1.1 penalty rating).

Anthony Castonzo is the 6th overall OT and 3rd overall LT with a +5.4 overall +6.1 PB and -0.6 RB.

Gosder Cherilus is 30th overall OT and 13th overall RT with a 0.9 overall PB 2.1 and RB -0.1 (his overall takes a hit from a -1.1 penalty rating).

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to see a good rating for A.C.

Mewhort has played good for a rookie. I'll admit, I was wrong about this pick. It's not that I didn't like him, just thought we reached for him a round earlier. Although I still like Terrence Brooks, Mewhort was the best option for the team because of Thomas injury history. The entire o-line has played well and Castonzo is playing like a top 5-10 LT in the league.

The only negative on the o-line so far is an unknown amount of depth. What would happen with 1 or 2 significant injuries? Maybe we can be like the Eagles were last year when the same line started all 16 games but that would take more than just a QB named Luck, Lady Luck herself would have to decide to be our new girlfriend....

The only negative on the o-line so far is an unknown amount of depth. What would happen with 1 or 2 significant injuries? Maybe we can be like the Eagles were last year when the same line started all 16 games but that would take more than just a QB named Luck, Lady Luck herself would have to decide to be our new girlfriend....

Harrison appears to be the top backup right now on the interior.  

Later on Reitz is suppose to be back and has played well in the past.

Holmes, should also be back and may replace Harrison as the top backup on the interior.  Especially if we decide to keep Shipley in as the starter.  

I think we're ok in terms of depth on the interior.  I am not so sure about the tackle spots however.  Reitz is I think the best option there and I've never viewed him as being very good at tackle.  (Much better at guard)

The other option is that in the event of injury to a tackle, Mewhort could be moved to tackle and then go with Reitz or Harrison to play at guard.

They adjusted the grades, maybe from all 22 film. Jack Mewhort is now 9th overall guard (+2.5) and Hugh Thornton is 17th overall guard (+1.3).

And Mewhort has the 4th best PB grade from a guard with +3.6. Which maybe shines a light on Castonzo playing shutdown LT so far, now that he has good guard play next to him. Please keep it up guys.

They adjusted the grades, maybe from all 22 film. Jack Mewhort is now 9th overall guard (+2.5) and Hugh Thornton is 17th overall guard (+1.3).

And Mewhort has the 4th best PB grade from a guard with +3.6. Which maybe shines a light on Castonzo playing shutdown LT so far, now that he has good guard play next to him. Please keep it up guys.

They also have the Colts graded as the best pass blocking team in the NFL... By far.

Cleveland's offensive line is so amazing.

As for Mewhort, it's promising to see him ranked high because he still has potential to grow.

Mewhort is just sticking with his man on run blocking and his rating is bumped by the excellent yardage being gained by Thorntons excellent pulls and Doyle and Allen also blocking very well. Shipley has done a VG job helping Jack on pass blocks.

We are getting better as a unit but Jax was a stat stuffer, they were bad.

Mewhort is just sticking with his man on run blocking and his rating is bumped by the excellent yardage being gained by Thorntons excellent pulls and Doyle and Allen also blocking very well. Shipley has done a VG job helping Jack on pass blocks.

We are getting better as a unit but Jax was a stat stuffer, they were bad.

I've never seen anybody make excuses for wins/positives like you do.

Your statement, while true,  is the same thing that all 32 NFL teams are faced with.   If those teams lose a key player or two,  it's just not that easy to replace the lost talent.

Props to Denver last year who lost stud LT Ryan Clady and still got all the way to the Super Bowl.

But to your point, it's not just a Colts problem,  it's a league-wide problem as well.....

I was not happy with the Mewhort pick , I thought at best he was a 3rd / 4th  and I thought there were much better picks available at our 2nd,,, I would have preferred us to trade back and get 2 for one...... BUT I am very pleased with what Mewhort has done more and that he is a Rookie and playing in a very difficult Offensive line play with pulls and screens... i can say I'm happy with what the FO did,, hopefully they end up pulling out another hit in Newsome...

I gave Grigs a D on the draft and as I said then I hope he proves me wrong... well he is staring to do that,, I felt Moncrief was a good pick and thought he would be good, just didn't think we needed a WR this year... right now that is 2 hits ... lets hope Newsome gets better with more reps..

Kerr, Purifoy, Harrison and  McDonald were great grabs on the UDFA