Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kirk Cousins is better than RGIII

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Cousins just fine, but that's what now...18 turnovers in 10 games I think - and not all of them were full games? I know a couple scouts compared him to Rex Grossman coming out of college. I think he'll be just fine in time. Let your own eyes judge and ignore the talking heads.

I like Cousins just fine, but that's what now...18 turnovers in 10 games I think - and not all of them were full games? I know a couple scouts compared him to Rex Grossman coming out of college. I think he'll be just fine in time. Let your own eyes judge and ignore the talking heads.

Sounds like Manning early in his career he was as good as tossing to the other team as his own :yay:  

One game doesn't tell the whole story, but Cousins has fallen apart here after a great first half. The way he's let his mistakes compound in his head is very Schaub-esque.

Really Cousins would have had to play perfect to keep the starting job even then it would have been in doubt . Snyder wants RG3 there under center . Pick 5

Those were bad, bad INTs. All four of them thrown right to defenders. 

Yeah, it was a complete and utter meltdown.  I mean it's one thing to try to force things when you're down in the 3rd, but they were awful decisions and throws.  Even the first two, when they were still in the game.  I wouldn't want to be Kirk today in the film room.

Kirk still better than RGIII? Sorry, he never was and never will be. The only thing he has over Bob is durability.

It was only one game, but it was the same mistake over and over and over and over. Let's see if he bounces back this week, but I don't see him any more than a flash in a pan.

Cousins has proven that he can suck just as bad as RGIII.

Poor Skins. They let the Rams dupe them with fools gold.

This is a case of a lose lose situation. Neither team is a playoff team after those trades. Rams AND Skins neither have a dependable qb. I really think RGIII can be a very good qb in this league if he can avoid the injuries....sadly that may not be possible but when he is healthy like his rookie year...electric..fun to watch..and made for explosive football. Hopefully he will get healthy at some point or his career will mirror that of Michael Vick's later in his career. At least Washington made the playoffs once....sadly the Rams are in even worse shape than the Skins...they have a qb with worse injuries and aren't close to being a playoff caliber team.

As for Cousins...that was a nightmare of a game. Seemed like after he took that first sack he was shell shocked the rest of the game....compounding bad throws with worse. I liked his ability...but he needs a lot of work to even be on RGIII level.

As for Cousins...that was a nightmare of a game. Seemed like after he took that first sack he was shell shocked the rest of the game....compounding bad throws with worse.

As of now, Cousins is a decent QB until he gets knocked off script. And this isn't one of those "oh its just one game" things. Its been a trend. Yes he will get better, but not sure how high his ceiling is. Great guy though - would like to see him succeed somewhere (whether in Washington or elsewhere).

T @TMM75 · Sep 26

@NEPatriotsDraft nailed it with this 2012 description of Kirk Cousins' weaknesses. Still the same issues in 2014.

Weaknesses: Does not handle pressure in the pocket well, throws off his back foot far too often - Has locked onto receivers at times - Could add some bulk, got shaken by a few hits during the season - Not a great passer when flushed out of the pocket

--Last Updated: March 26th, 2012

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN Sep 25

Giants DBs said Cousins was staring down his receivers, they saw it on film and Pierre-Paul pointed it out in-game.

As of now, Cousins is a decent QB until he gets knocked off script. And this isn't one of those "oh its just one game" things. Its been a trend. Yes he will get better, but not sure how high his ceiling is. Great guy though - would like to see him succeed somewhere (whether in Washington or elsewhere).

T @TMM75 · Sep 26

@NEPatriotsDraft nailed it with this 2012 description of Kirk Cousins' weaknesses. Still the same issues in 2014.

Weaknesses: Does not handle pressure in the pocket well, throws off his back foot far too often - Has locked onto receivers at times - Could add some bulk, got shaken by a few hits during the season - Not a great passer when flushed out of the pocket

--Last Updated: March 26th, 2012

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN Sep 25

Giants DBs said Cousins was staring down his receivers, they saw it on film and Pierre-Paul pointed it out in-game.

My question on film study is this......Usin this season as an example the Titans are now 3 games into the season...Im not exactly sure how film study works, I have ready the normal thing that is done is that many coaches that study game film chart plays of each down, distance, formation and so forth...My question on it is this....Lets say your much further along into the season......Coaches wont actually go back and chart every single down and play all of those games would they? I'd imagine that would take away from ALOT of time to prepare for an opponent on the field if your for example much deeper into the season and many more games have been played. Never understood how coaches and coordinators and Quality Control coaches do that

My question on film study is this......Usin this season as an example the Titans are now 3 games into the season...Im not exactly sure how film study works, I have ready the normal thing that is done is that many coaches that study game film chart plays of each down, distance, formation and so forth...My question on it is this....Lets say your much further along into the season......Coaches wont actually go back and chart every single down and play all of those games would they? I'd imagine that would take away from ALOT of time to prepare for an opponent on the field if your for example much deeper into the season and many more games have been played. Never understood how coaches and coordinators and Quality Control coaches do that

They have people that chart those sorts of things. There are a lot more people involved than those we see on the sidelines

They have people that chart those sorts of things. There are a lot more people involved than those we see on the sidelines

Right but everyone directly affiliated with the organization is listed on the website and from multiple articles I have read from past such as this one about the Steelers organization states that quality control coaches work several weeks ahead or from past games breaking down film http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02/what-is-the-job-of-a-quality-control-coach/

I thought that's how most teams go about that but was looking for some clarification

like jvan said, they have quality guys (usually entry level positions) that go through and do all the charting and looking for trends etc and they give that to the coaches in a nice easy to read little package. As for gameplanning, they typically go 4 games back and if a team hasn't run a given concept or play in that time, they usually won't practice for it that week. Individual players on the other hand sometimes keep notebooks on opposing players that they know they will face again later down the road. So even going back to last year and the spot duty he saw during 2012, defensive players (especially within the division) will have their own collection of information on Cousins with notes on how he handled various situations and his tendencies. Sometimes its the quality guys or position coaches that give them the info, but a lot of times its the players themselves watching film and taking notes - and they keep that stuff forever, or as long as its relevant.

no idea if that's what you were asking or not :)