Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PHI @ IND Post-game discussion: miscellaneous (including reffing)

21isSuperman

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cue the I am sorry letter from the league to the Colts this week.

There is no questioning that the officials played a rather large impact on the outcome of the game but they don't make up for "three" I am sorry two turnovers, no pass rush at all, and questionable play calling at the end of the game. 

I don't want to hear one more word about the point of emphasis this year on defensive holding and illegal contact.  Two weeks in row the Colts have gotten hurt by no calls late in the game on something the league is supposed to be focusing on this year.  Honestly if I were Grigson when I get the letters this week I would send them back and say not good enough tell your officials to do their job right or get someone who can. 

Blaming the refs for this loss is weak. Very weak. [/quote

It's not so much blaming as it is contributing. Still they make those two calls correctly and the colts win

They needed to just make the first call correctly and the Colts would have scored something.  But doing two bad calls back to back like that is horrible.

Blaming the refs for this loss is weak. Very weak. 

The Colts were in position to go up 10 points at the very least when the refs missed a clear illegal contact or holding, or PI call that lead to turnover.  Then two plays later they gave the Eagles a free 15 yards on a play that should have been a loss to make it a long yardage situation on the drive that tied the game.  There is no denying they impacted the out come of the game.

As I said before it doesn't mean there aren't other factors too but there is no denying they impacted the game big time tonight. 

Luck isn't happy right now. Understandably so. Asked if it was a flag: "it doesn't matter what I think. It was an interception." #Colts

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

September 16, 2014

Pagano is pretty * off about the no-call on the interception. I'm on his side on this one - awful, game-changing no-call. #Colts

September 16, 2014

Eagles last touchdown doesn't happen without the "horse collar" call. That drive would've been stopped on that play. That call was the last of a string of calls that turned the game over to the Eagles. Calls like that should be reviewable. At least the New York replay official should be able to chime in with the refs on the field and say "no guys, you got that one wrong."

I am usually one to say calls go both ways and won't swing a game one way or the other, but this game was indeed decided by the refs.

Luck isn't happy right now. Understandably so. Asked if it was a flag: "it doesn't matter what I think. It was an interception." #Colts

September 16, 2014

Pagano is pretty * off about the no-call on the interception. I'm on his side on this one - awful, game-changing no-call. #Colts

September 16, 2014

cue the fine for Pagano too even though he's right.  Sometimes you have to take those fines though to get the league's attention.

Why multiple threads instead of one for gameday? This is hard to follow with the forum full of so many bad threads started... silly move making it three threads.

Because there is no way there will be any kind of productive discussion in one thread where people will be talking about reffing, T-Rich, Pep, Luck, the pass rush, etc.

Because there is no way there will be any kind of productive discussion in one thread where people will be talking about reffing, T-Rich, Pep, Luck, the pass rush, etc.

I beg to differ. The one game day thread would have stopped the forum being overtaken by 4 more thread with the twenty locked already for their own failures. If people start 20 bad threads the solution to stop it is simple, but this forum is a mess. I'm out.

You guys can blame the refs all you want...were there two bad back to back calls? Yes...could the colts have been in a better position that it wouldn't matter ? Yes. Did the colts play well enough to win? Offensively yes, defensively no. It's as simple as that...nick foles looked like Tom Brady and Peyton manning out there today. Did we even bump him at all during the game? Man the guy had all day out there and tons of protection for a makeshift O-line they outperformed our pass defense big time. That's why we lost the game not because of two extremely bad calls and rightfully so it's easy to be upset about that but I think I am going to choose to be more upset at our poor defense all around. Chuck pagano IMO hasn't had a decent reputation for defense since arriving in Indianapolis and neither has manusky

You guys can blame the refs all you want...were there two bad back to back calls? Yes...could the colts have been in a better position that it wouldn't matter ? Yes. Did the colts play well enough to win? Offensively yes, defensively no. It's as simple as that...nick foles looked like Tom Brady and Peyton manning out there today. Did we even bump him at all during the game? Man the guy had all day out there and tons of protection for a makeshift O-line they outperformed our pass defense big time. That's why we lost the game not because of two extremely bad calls and rightfully so it's easy to be upset about that but I think I am going to choose to be more upset at our poor defense all around. Chuck pagano IMO hasn't had a decent reputation for defense since arriving in Indianapolis and neither has manusky

So you are saying it is the Colts responsibility to play against both the other team and the referees to win?  And if they don't play well enough to make up for bad calls then they deserve to lose?  Blame the victim?