Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-Rich Colts @ Broncos

SIXTHOBJECT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked good, I think he only got 4 carries though.  Tough when you are behind the entire game.

Trich got 6 and Bradshaw got 3.  Until Luck gets his throws under control those numbers need to be TRich 12-15 carries and Bradshaw 8-10.  Have Trich in there for the 1st three quarters and then Bring in Bradshaw to finish the game.

The running game was pretty irrelevant in the Broncos game. That said, they both did an excellent job picking up the blitz. No surprise from Bradshaw, who is consistently one of the best in the league, but Trich seems to have improved in this area as well. He always had the build for it, but last night he was in the right position as well.

I found myself wishing we'd run the ball more last night, especially in short yardage situations. Never thought I'd be saying that about a Pep Hamilton offense.

sorry i meant snaps overall, Bradshaw saw more plays than T-Rich.

I think that's what we should expect all season when we're in throw first mode. Bradshaw is unrivaled in pass protection and he's a pretty good receiver too.

Bradshaw played the 2 minute drill vs the Saints in preseason game 3 as well.

I think that's what we should expect all season when we're in throw first mode. Bradshaw is unrivaled in pass protection and he's a pretty good receiver too.

I would argue that Richardson is also one of the better blocking and receiving Backs in the NFL alongside Bradshaw. If Hamilton was being creative, He should have a 3 WR set with Luck in the Shotgun with Richardson and Bradshaw on either side to him, gives Hamilton the option to handoff to either back and have the other one block.

I would argue that Richardson is also one of the better blocking and receiving Backs in the NFL alongside Bradshaw. If Hamilton was being creative, He should have a 3 WR set with Luck in the Shotgun with Richardson and Bradshaw on either side to him, gives Hamilton the option to handoff to either back and have the other one block.

I would like to have seen more 3 WRs set forcing the Broncos to play nickel and dime.  Let's see Trent run more against that defense.  Pep loves 2 TEs but Fleener looks tentative out there

Agreed Bradshaw is one of the better blocking backs in the league, love his receiving skills out of the backfield as well. besides those few drops he had, he was solid. 

I agree about Richardson but it still makes sense, at least this early in the season, to go with the most proven player for the situation.

Both Bradshaw and Richardson in the same backfield sounds like a terrific idea, much better then the traditional fullbacks they've been trying. I'd love to see that.

I've dreamt of that formation since TRich was brought in, I hope we see this happen at some point this season...

We are really looking hard to compliment Richardson. Looks a bIt better than last yr, but still just a guy.

And you know what, until he outproduces Bradshaw I wouldn't even say he's just a guy. He's a guy, who in my opinion, is getting the start and the benefit of the doubt because of his draft position but hasn't lived up to it at all. I'm not gonna go off now but I could. Ryan Grigson better hope Richardson picks it up because if he doesn't it could be his undoing.

And you know what, until he outproduces Bradshaw I wouldn't even say he's just a guy. He's a guy, who in my opinion, is getting the start and the benefit of the doubt because of his draft position but hasn't lived up to it at all. I'm not gonna go off now but I could. Ryan Grigson better hope Richardson picks it up because if he doesn't it could be his undoing.

I seriously dought the GM of an NFL team would only consider draft position as criteria for starting or being traded for. The man had 11 tds his rookie season on a sorry team. That sorry team had a better offensive line than the Colts have had since the retirement of Glen. Worry about the O-line,pass rush and secondary. Those will be our downfall, not a running back.

I seriously dought the GM of an NFL team would only consider draft position as criteria for starting or being traded for. The man had 11 tds his rookie season on a sorry team. That sorry team had a better offensive line than the Colts have had since the retirement of Glen. Worry about the O-line,pass rush and secondary. Those will be our downfall, not a running back.

My point is that u can't give first round I

Picks away to sub par players. Those are the decisions that take down general managers. Your point about the pass rush and o-line is well taken. As far as richardson's 11 td rookie season ok, show me now. I'm tired of people not acknowledging that brown out performed Richardson last year behind the same line and Bradshaw has done well behind it when he isn't injured

One player will not be his "undoing" as you say.

I think Richardson looks just plain slow running with the ball.

He looked pretty good last night while in space, and made some good moves.  None the less, we were behind the whole game... and there wasn't going to be many carries.

One player will not be his "undoing" as you say.

He looked pretty good last night while in space, and made some good moves. None the less, we were behind the whole game... and there wasn't going to be many carries.

U might be right. Probably are right but giving away a first round pick to a slug won't help his cause. I'm not labeling Richardson a slug yet but he's giving his critics plenty of fire power

Richardson still didn't run for a good average but I could definitely tell a difference last night.  The few times he got the ball he got some hard dirty yards.  He had a couple of 6 or 7 yard runs that he really had to work for.  He looked more decisive last night.  Still not good but definitely better than last year, IMO.

U might be right. Probably are right but giving away a first round pick to a slug won't help his cause. I'm not labeling Richardson a slug yet but he's giving his critics plenty of fire power

Ummm, you called him a name then said you won't call him one yet. You can't have it both ways... You can criticize a lot of people for last night, but Trent Richardson isn't one of them. He did his job when called upon. 

Ummm, you called him a name then said you won't call him one yet. You can't have it both ways... You can criticize a lot of people for last night, but Trent Richardson isn't one of them. He did his job when called upon.

I didn't word it quite right. My point is that when u give a first round pick for a running back these days he better be a guy who is a work horse and gets u 80-100 yards a game. Richardson has been nowhere near that and like many are pointing out, he is too slow. It's becoming painfully evident. I realize last night we got behind and the run game was abandoned but I didn't see much different from the guy than what I saw last year

I didn't word it quite right. My point is that when u give a first round pick for a running back these days he better be a guy who is a work horse and gets u 80-100 yards a game. Richardson has been nowhere near that and like many are pointing out, he is too slow. It's becoming painfully evident. I realize last night we got behind and the run game was abandoned but I didn't see much different from the guy than what I saw last year

You lose the pick, but it isn't like he is making a ton of cash because he is still under his rookie contract. If things don't work out you chalk it up to a learning experience. I still don't think it was a bad move, and Trent knows he needs to prove his worth... So next we I look to see him run with reckless abandon with Bradshaw as the receiving back. Provided we don't have to play from behind then you get what we saw Sunday.

You lose the pick, but it isn't like he is making a ton of cash because he is still under his rookie contract. If things don't work out you chalk it up to a learning experience. I still don't think it was a bad move, and Trent knows he needs to prove his worth... So next we I look to see him run with reckless abandon with Bradshaw as the receiving back. Provided we don't have to play from behind then you get what we saw Sunday.

And it's not like we gave up the third overall pick for him. We "drafted" him slightly higher then Addai and Brown. He still has every opportunity to outperform them both.