Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What to do with Havili?

PrincetonTiger

54 members have voted

1. 1. Havili:Keep or Cut

• Keep
    • Cut

I wouldn't keep a FB period don't know what that means for Harvey. The offense struggles every time Pep goes back to his FB power crap we don't have the O Line for it.

We have weapons and a lot of them make the other team put a lot of little guys out there to match our speed gash them with TE's and RB's

Short yardage line up Allen as the FB

I wouldn't keep a FB period don't know what that means for Harvey. The offense struggles every time Pep goes back to his FB power crap we don't have the O Line for it.

We have weapons and a lot of them make the other team put a lot of little guys out there to match our speed gash them with TE's and RB's

Short yardage line up Allen as the FB

:agree: 100%

We need to be a 1 Back offense like Alabama is

Makes no sense to have a FB who'd be the worst weapon on the field when called in the game

We need to do whatever we can to keep our threats out there in

Hilton

Wayne

Nicks

Allen

Fleener

Richardson (Like his ability as a pass catcher & blocker)

Running a FB in this offense is a waste of roster space

Havili isn't even a true fullback, so I don't much see the point in having him unless you just want him for special teams. Allen does everything Havili is capable of doing, except much better. At least Harvey can actually block. I'd say keep him if we absolutely have to have a fullback on the roster. Havili is just a tweener who really doesn't excel at any one aspect of what he's asked to do. A semi-decent receiving fullback who can't block pretty much negates the point of even having him on the field. That's like having a center in basketball that can pass really well but can't rebound, block or score in the post

:agree: 100%

We need to be a 1 Back offense like Alabama is

Makes no sense to have a FB who'd be the worst weapon on the field when called in the game

We need to do whatever we can to keep our threats out there in

Hilton

Wayne

Nicks

Allen

Fleener

Richardson (Like his ability as a pass catcher & blocker)

Running a FB in this offense is a waste of roster space

good point that gets overlooked...

Havili was the 5th worst lead blocker in the league last yr with our weapons why waste a play throwing to a FB if Pep can't help himself line Allen up there throw it to him.

FB waste of a slot in my opinion

How is throwing to a FB a waste of a play if the play gains good yardage? Also, Allen is not a good lead blocker from the backfield, so when you want to use a big package on the goalline or in short yardage, it's better to have a real FB.

Havili didn't do a good job as a lead blocker last year, so it doesn't have to be him. But if we have someone who can clear a path and is nimble enough to catch a few passes in the flat and gain some yardage, that's a good use of a roster spot, IMO. If we don't have a guy that's good enough to warrant using a spot on him, then don't. Neither of our two active FBs have played a whole lot of snaps so far, so I don't know how much of a role any of those guys is going to have in our offense. Havili can be stored on PUP for a while, so he's not taking up a roster spot right now.

Not even close I trust Havili's hands more then Harvey when healthy Havili is pretty good catching passes

And I trust

Coby Fleener

Dwayne Allen

Reggie Wayne

Ty Hilton

Hakeem Nicks

Griff Whalen

Trent Richardson

Ahmad Bradshaw

Boom Herein

Donate Moncrief

Hands more than Harvey & Havili put together. Thus providing solid argument as to why we shouldn't carry a FB period

And I trust

Coby Fleener

Dwayne Allen

Reggie Wayne

Ty Hilton

Hakeem Nicks

Griff Whalen

Trent Richardson

Ahmad Bradshaw

Boom Herein

Donate Moncrief

Hands more than Harvey & Havili put together. Thus providing solid argument as to why we shouldn't carry a FB period

I wish I hate the FB crap

And I trust

Coby Fleener

Dwayne Allen

Reggie Wayne

Ty Hilton

Hakeem Nicks

Griff Whalen

Trent Richardson

Ahmad Bradshaw

Boom Herein

Donate Moncrief

But its not realistic, We are going to carry a FB and used right and not always to block (Havili only had 21 targets through 13 games...That's not enough for a pass catching FB) he will be a bigger asset to the team, When he is in he needs to targeted more to keep the D guessing if he will block or go out for a pass

He is Pep's pet hopefully not many more season's of that guy I here Vanderbilt is nice this time of the year

Vandy is my college team! We will pass! ;) we took the better option in Standords ex Defensive Coordinator Derek Mason!

They say Vandy is the Harvard of the South

TK, no reason to laugh

I've heard that!!! I couldn't get in because you have to have a 3.8 your whole life or above to even be considered... It's a really hard school to get into. You have to be smart and get solid grades to even play their sports. They take their academics very serious.

Wish they didn't so they could get some really good dumb football players! ;)

As soon as the FB enters the game the defense puts 8 in the box.  We have to be able to throw more out of the formation and not be so predictable.  Our Oline doesn't get enough push to line-up and pound it.  Its obvious we're better in 12 or 13 packages.  keeping the FB is a luxury the roster can't afford.

I'd bring in John Conner or Henry Hynoski or Jed Collins to contend with Havili at FB at the end of the season when FA hits or at least consider it unless we actually begin to use Havili in the passing game...which is what his strength really is, All three are more of what we apparently want in a FB then Havili which are big bruising blocking fullbacks, Conner especially