Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stanley Havili on PUP

Superman

I

I don't think he was even that great last season im sure we could find somebody better.

He wasn't great at all. Serviceable, at best. There's competition with Harvey and White, and now he's behind the eight ball because he's on PUP. Depends on how long he's unable to practice, but every day that passes hurts his stock.

I'd prefer all three of them to be healthy and duke it out for the position, and the best guy wins, whoever it happens to be. 

This kinda sucks, but Havili isn't an irreplaceable player. I'm glad we have a couple other options and I really like Mario Harvey right now. I don't know enough about Cam White to judge him right now. This will be an underrated position I will keep my eye on tomorrow. No idea what will happen or who will start at FB. I didn't even know when Havili was healthy who would be the starter. 

This could be the beginning of the end for Havili. It'll be interesting to see if Mario Harvey is fundamentally sound enough as a blocker to start at FB and whether or not he is capable of running the ball when Pep calls FB draws on 3rd and 10.

If Pep calls a FB draw on 3rd and 10 with the talent we have this season, he better be fired the moment he calls that play out to Andrew

Honestly I don't think this changes a lot for us. I don't think we anticipated using him as much as we did. If Allen and Fleener are both healthy...I think we see Allen provide a lot of what Stanley was giving us blocking wise and much more flexibility in the passing game obviously. I don't want to see Havali out but I don't think he was going to be a big part of the offense if Allen is available. Not to mention we have some other possibly interesting TEs that could land on the team as well. I see no reason we can't use Allen to help lead block by motioning him etc.

He wasn't great at all. Serviceable, at best. There's competition with Harvey and White, and now he's behind the eight ball because he's on PUP. Depends on how long he's unable to practice, but every day that passes hurts his stock.

I'd prefer all three of them to be healthy and duke it out for the position, and the best guy wins, whoever it happens to be. 

What's his injury do you know?

Honestly other than his pass catching ability hes not that good. I think he is a poor blocker & that's what we are looking for. I think Harvey wins the battle because of what I saw of him blocking last year, he was pretty good at it, plus he is very good at ST's. IMO either Harvey wins the job or they line up Doyle, or Allen back there and cut both of them!

Who did we trade to Philly to get Havili? I forget! And yeah I like Harvey as a fullback... Not as a linebacker so I am okay with this!

Not 100% sure but I think it was Clifton Geathers. I'll try and find it. 

Edit: Yeah it was him.

I'd prefer they ditch the FB and go 2 TE and 1 RB for most of the run formations. If the opponents use 3 LBs, split a TE and utilize TE vs LB mismatches with passes. Once they go nickel, run at them again. 

Having the FB might actually hamper how efficient we can be, especially if both Fleener and Allen are healthy, IMO. The FB was valuable like a 2nd TE last year due to Allen's injury but if both TEs are available, they need to be on the field more than a FB.

Harvey until I see I'll like it. Fast though on his feet. White at FB is his natural position so I can see if he wins in camp. Dwayne Allen could even be in the backfield if need. I don't want to see any other TE besides him because the others can't block. Havili was at least serviceable and the numbers prove it. He got us points that's all that matters to me. But I get what people are saying about him. We have other players on this team that are a lot worse than him. I can name a few on the offensive line.

Harvey until I see I'll like it. Fast though on his feet. White at FB is his natural position so I can see if he wins in camp. Dwayne Allen could even be in the backfield if need. I don't want to see any other TE besides him because the others can't block. Havili was at least serviceable and the numbers prove it. He got us points that's all that matters to me. But I get what people are saying about him. We have other players on this team that are a lot worse than him. I can name a few on the offensive line.

Harvey is fast straight ahead.  Not so much backwards in to coverage as a LB.  He is needed on special teams big time.  If Cam White can beat him on special teams he wins....if not...no way.

This is not good news for Havili.  

If Pep calls a FB draw on 3rd and 10 with the talent we have this season, he better be fired the moment he calls that play out to Andrew

It's an ok play if he's running the clock.  But yeah when we're trying to score I agree.  

This is not good news for Havili.  

It's an ok play if he's running the clock.  But yeah when we're trying to score I agree.  

lol...yeah in that case I'd probably prefer an AL kneel down over EVER handing the ball off to Havali....but I get you. I just don't understand with the weapons we have on this team why we would even need an active FB on the roster. I'd much prefer to keep one on the practice squad....and run two TE sets so we can run power to either side or motion Allen into the back field and let him lead block....I wouldn't ever want to take Allen or Fleener off the field for Havali or any FB. I just don't see the benefit unless they were an ELITE fb....which I'm not even sure those exist anymore.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'm good with picking up the option. I kind of agree a little with Ballard that there is more upside to Paye on passing downs. He is a good athlete and he has improved each season. Important that he says healthy, he was quite a raw prospect coming out of college and was then injured alot in his first 2 seasons in the NFL. So I can see why Ballard would like him around for another 2 years to see how much they can improve him. He's also an excellent run defender, which is important to note, especially in that LDE role.
    • Doug….   I’ve just read your latest two posts.   And as has been the recent trend, I don’t understand your logic.   So I’ve got a long post to respond to your long post.    So let me ask you an important question:     Have you noticed in the last month or so that I am responding to your posts very slowly?   I’m taking 8, 10, even 12 hours to respond.    I’m doing it deliberately.  I don’t want us to be going back and forth and back and forth while we’re both awake.  I’m trying to slow the pace of communication so things don’t get heated.  So I’m not trying to pick a fight,  I’m trying to AVOID a fight.   As to your two posts….   I think your memory is playing tricks with you.  Ballard said “let’s take the wide receiver” this draft for Mitchell.  His quote in 2022 after the Colts had no pick in the first round was this…. “Tomorrow,  wide receiver, tight end, tackle, and safety or corner.”   What did Ballard do?   He took those 4 positions in that order.  But not until he had traded DOWN from 35 to 53 for Pierce.   That was Reich’s personal pick.  Ballard was confident the players would be there and they were.   Not possible if everyone has same info as you assert.    Do you remember the 2019 draft when Ballard took Rock, Benagu, Campbell, and Okereke on Day 2,  that was the first year of the popular video series and the most memorable sound was Frank going around the war room high fiving everyone yelling “Four for Four!  Four for Four!”   Those were the guys Frank wanted, those were the guys Ballard got him.   Not possible if every team sees things the same.    The story of the 21 draft was the Colts picking 21.  And Ballard telling the scouts he had a good feeling that Paye, who the Colts ranked 10th on their board, would fall to the Colts.   And he did.   Ballard thought Dayo would fall to pick 54, and he said he likely would’ve taken Dayo at 21 if Paye had been taken.  Ballard was right again.   And again, not possible if everyone sees things the same.    Historically speaking…. In 2012, Seattle had Russell Wilson ranked THIRD on their board.  But they waited to draft him at pick 75 because they thought at 5’10” and 5/8ths,  RW would still be there.  And he was.   That wouldn’t be possible if everyone had mostly similar rankings as you believe.  As for Reimann:  picked 77.  You talk about his value as a left tackle.  Yet he lasted to pick 77.   Any other team could’ve taken him before the Colts did.   They didn’t.  Yet you think it has nothing to do with his age.  I don’t understand the logic you use to reject the age argument.   I don’t see an alternative view that makes sense.    All of these are examples of teams seeing the same thing differently.  They value things differently.  When asked recently, Steichen said he valued quickness in a wide receiver.  For other teams they might value speed, or precision route running.   Every team has its own identity based on what they value.    GMs are different.  Head coaches are different.  Scouts are different.   They are NOT working with the same information.  Every team has their own Big Board and the differences are big, not small.  32 teams, 32 very very different looking boards.     I’m 67.  I have literally studied the draft for more than 50 years.   The draft has always been a passion of mine, even before I became a TV sports producer at age 23.   I’m not making this up.     This post could be longer, but I think it’s gone long enough.  There was much to talk about.   Thanks for reading.               
    • Next year imagine the Colts will be looking at 2 QBs.  My top dual threat/mobile pocket passers are Jalen Milroe, Grayson McCall, and KJ Jefferson.   For offensive lineman got to love LT Kelvin Banks Jr who managed to hold his own versus Will Anderson a few years ago and LG Donovan Jackson.  Jackson has generated all-conference honors the past two seasons; Nelson's contract expires at the end of 2026 where he will be 30 years old.   So far for running backs I like Treveyon Henderson, DJ Giddens, and Kyle Monangai.  Each back knows how to secure the rock.  Last I checked both Dalvin Cook and Damien Harris are still free agents that would improve our roster.   Not sure if we need a top talented wide receiver early but am interested in Tre Harris and Ricky White.  While De'Corian Clark been compared to Alec Pierce and made Bruce Feldman's Freak list.  Still need to see where his high school numbers would have ranked compared to this year's draft class.     Plenty of defensive lineman to like in the next draft and probably one of the best groups coming out.   Edge Princely Umanmielen - one I feel is a fit for the Colts Edge Jack Sawyer is another stud that I want to pair with Latu and Paye Edge James Pearce Jr. DT 3-tech Tyleik Williams Edge/DL Mykel Willaims - as a freshman led all FBS true freshman edge defenders LDT Kenneth Grant NT/DT Walter Nolan Edge Dani Dennis-Sutton Edge Landon Jackson Edge Patrick Payton Edge Tyler Baron DL Shermar Turner - been one of the more disruptive DTs in the SEC.  Has a quick first step and body control to shoot the gaps. NT/DT Tonka Hemingway Edge Jasheen Davis NT/DT Alfred Collins. Linebackers got an interesting group of prospects to keep an eye on from the following: WLB Jack Kiser WLB Danny Stutsman LB Dasan McCullough MLB/OLB Jay Higgins LB/Edge Collin Oliver LB Eugene Asante SLB/Edge Khordae Sydnor LB Keaten Wade LB/Edge Steve Linton WLB Eric Gentry Read where some say this is a very weak safety class but got a few that seem to have potential.  This draft class I noticed more excel in press/man more than zone but still very capable of playing both.  Some of the defensive backs I like so far are: LCB Will Johnson CB Benjamin Morrison CB Ricardo Hallman SS Kevin Winston Jr - Blackmon signed a 1-year deal but only a 2% missed tackle rate and ranked 2nd among all safeties in 2023. SS Xavier Nwankpa - 4.39s-forty speed reminds me of Nick Cross FS Rod Moore - excellent 4.40s-forty speed FS Hunter Wohler - slower 4.52s-forty speed, if can improve his speed might be better than Rod Moore CB Tacario Davis CB Maxwell Hairston FS Jahdae Barron CB Jacobee Bryant CB Jordan Hancock CB Denver Harris SS Keon Sabb CB Malik Spencer CB Aydan White CB Tommi Hill - In 2023 had an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 38.6.  With another solid year Hill could move up the draft boards. Still on the lookout of those players not listed on the primary draft boards that the Colts always seem to find hidden gems to draft.
    • This is the list of Retired Colts Numbers. Peyton Manning — No. 18 Johnny Unitas — No. 19 Buddy Young — No. 22 Lenny Moore — No. 24 Art Donovan — No. 70 Jim Parker — No. 77 Raymond Berry — No. 82 Gino Marchetti — No. 89
    • a lot of the recent super bowl winners had game changing tight ends bowers would have been a nice addition but i like who we got, imo an a plus draft  
  • Members

• CardiacColts

CardiacColts 342

• Nadine

Nadine 8,136

Administrators
    • IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,434

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,279

• AwesomeAustin

AwesomeAustin 2,410