Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign two players.

MTC

the organization has too much confidence in howell to bring in another safety. lets see how he does before we start demanding safety be our first pick next year

But on top of putting so much faith into Howell, we still have Laron Landry playing FREE SAFETY :( I don't get it sometimes man.

It seems like a pretty weak safety class next year though, making me question further why we didn't take a single one this year or improve it in FA.

But on top of putting so much faith into Howell, we still have Laron Landry playing FREE SAFETY :( I don't get it sometimes man.

It seems like a pretty weak safety class next year though, making me question further why we didn't take a single one this year or improve it in FA.

personally I think the colts are using landry completely wrong. landry is not a cover safety and he never will be. they should just let him play in the box

the organization has too much confidence in howell to bring in another safety. lets see how he does before we start demanding safety be our first pick next year

Just out of curiosity why is anyone already talking about next years #1 pick? We don't know where we are picking and we don't know who is going to be available. Seems a little pre-mature and silly to me.

Ahh FN Lutz, the new Tim Fugger. 

Worryingly it seems he's actually FN Lutz the 3rd, you think 2 previous scarred childhoods of bullying might have convinced them it wasn't the best way to to on the naming front. 

So do you know for sure if he had a scarred childhood?

Just out of curiosity why is anyone already talking about next years #1 pick? We don't know where we are picking and we don't know who is going to be available. Seems a little pre-mature and silly to me.

sorry it has been decided regardless of what happens this year, who is available next year, and where we pick, we are taking a Safety thanks for your concern

I agree he should not be playing FS he's a pretty good SS we need a cover FS bad!!

We use our SS in man coverage, lining up on TEs and slot receivers quite often. If you think Landry isn't good in coverage, the last thing you should do is move him to SS. At FS, he uses his range to support the run and act as a last line of defense. I think his coverage was fine in that role last year. The problem is that he crashes down too hard and misses too many tackles.