Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis suspended first 4 games of 2014.

MacDee1975

The Colts will go up against (arguably) the top 2 offenses in the NFL, and they won't have their best pass rusher. 

This is going to be a tough pill to swallow. It's a shame too, because he did it accidentally.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to have to hang on our offense a lot for these first 4 games, I believe they can score with anyone though. Werner, you are a 1st round pick, lets see it! You were a dominant pass-rusher in college, and were a rookie last season and dealt with injuries throughout the year, lets see that potential out of you!

The Colts will go up against (arguably) the top 2 offenses in the NFL, and they won't have their best pass rusher. 

This is going to be a tough pill to swallow. It's a shame too, because he did it accidentally.

Yes, he took it accidently just like every person in prison is innocent.

There has to be a way to overturn this ruling or possibly degrading it to a fine.  This is just seems to be the commish is swinging his stick around, especially since he still hasn't given any judgement passed on Irsay.  Irsay should be penalized but leave Mathis alone.

Do you have evidence to the contrary?

No, but he's guilty of either being really stupid because he took a drug that is prescribed off-label to men to increase testosterone production and didn't ask the NFLPA or he knowingly took the drug and hoped he wouldn't get caught.  Either way this is his fault. 

Because chances are Grigson knew about the Mathis suspension before the draft.

That's speculation, at best. Newsome looked more like a project pick than an immediate impact player, in my opinion. I would think Daniel Adongo would be next in line to get more PT at this point. Goes without saying, we have a serious with our pass rush if Werner or someone can't step up

That's speculation, at best. Newsome looked more like a project pick than an immediate impact player, in my opinion. I would think Daniel Adongo would be next in line to get more PT at this point. Goes without saying, we have a serious with our pass rush if Werner or someone can't step up

I disagree, Newsome is far more ready to get meaningful snaps than Adongo. 

Such a load... Performance enhancers are one thing, but a fertility drug? I'm more disappointed in the league. #RobertStrong

Clomid is a fertility drug for women to make them ovulate.  It is written off-label by doctors to help increase testosterone production in men.  Fertility doctors use clomid or HCG in men to increase testosterone production which in turn increases sperm count. 

OMG man. This is terrible news. Can he appeal so he can play against Denver? I hope this doesn't mean he wont be as productive this season without the roids. This sucks so bad. We're going to have to fight through the first 4 games. Lets hope Werner will be a different player and put some pressure on the QB. Maybe Newsome can get a shot too on passing downs.

I can't believe they categorize Clomid ( a fertility drug) as a PED.  To me that just sounds insane??  Or is it just me??  And then for Goodell to deny an appeal?  Something just doesn't sit right with this whole situation.  Is Goodell trying to punish the Colts because he hasn't handed down a punishment on Mr Irsay yet?  The only people I'm disappointed in right now is Goodell and the league.

I can't believe they categorize Clomid ( a fertility drug) as a PED.  To me that just sounds insane??  Or is it just me??  And then for Goodell to deny an appeal?  Something just doesn't sit right with this whole situation.  Is Goodell trying to punish the Colts because he hasn't handed down a punishment on Mr Irsay yet?  The only people I'm disappointed in right now is Goodell and the league.

HCG and Clomid basically do the same thing in men and HCG is considered a PED so why wouldn't Clomid be on that list too?  Both drugs increase testosterone production in men. 

That sucks. Clomid is also used as a pct. the whole PED is a joke anyways. One, I can pretty much garuntee most, if not all are using some sort of PED's. Whether that be legal or illegal. Not mad at all. Just sucks he got busted. That's the chance you take.

This isn't about Goodell, that's a reach.

But the drug policy is super archaic and needs to be revamped. The whole PED culture and media reaction needs to be recalibrated.

I can't believe they categorize Clomid ( a fertility drug) as a PED. To me that just sounds insane?? Or is it just me?? And then for Goodell to deny an appeal? Something just doesn't sit right with this whole situation. Is Goodell trying to punish the Colts because he hasn't handed down a punishment on Mr Irsay yet? The only people I'm disappointed in right now is Goodell and the league.

no. Mathis admitted he failed to check. He made the mistake and now he's paying for it. It stinks but all we can hope is that someone steps up. This has nothing to do with the Irsay situation. Goodell will hand out punishment for that once the legal side of it plays out, Goodell probably turned down Mathis repeal request because Mathis said he did it and failed to check first. So he admitted he broke the rule so need to have an appeal. You can dislike the rule that's a whole other debate but it's still a rule that even with good intentions Mathis still broke. It's like if you rob a bank to have money for your family you still go to jail even if you were trying to do something for your family.

This isn't about Goodell, that's a reach.

But the drug policy is super archaic and needs to be revamped. The whole PED culture and media reaction needs to be recalibrated.

I agree with you about the drug policy.  It needs to be revamped since they are now discussing the marijuana policy. 

No, but he's guilty of either being really stupid because he took a drug that is prescribed off-label to men to increase testosterone production and didn't ask the NFLPA or he knowingly took the drug and hoped he wouldn't get caught. Either way this is his fault.

Lol what?

Reading comprehension fail...

It's clomid... it's an adverse to testosterone stimulating production. There's literally been very little evidence that it boosts muscle gain or performance because all it does at normal prescription is get your body to normal testosterone levels...

If your over dosing it's toxic and if your attempting to use it as an enhancer it is very noticeable and dangerous to your body.

But that aside. Personal life is very important so if you wanna call me stupid for desperately having a child then go at it. Imo a 4 game suspension is peanuts in comparison to not having a child. I'm sorry that football wasn't the first thing on his mind when attempting to procreate.

Good lord

Yes, he took it accidently just like every person in prison is innocent.

He was taking fertility pills to try and impregnate his wife. He was going off orders from his doctors (who weren't too bright here).

Don't be a smartbutt.

Lol what?

Reading comprehension fail...

It's clomid... it's an adverse to testosterone stimulating production. There's literally been very little evidence that it boosts muscle gain or performance because all it does at normal prescription is get your body to normal testosterone levels...

If your over dosing it's toxic and if your attempting to use it as an enhancer it is very noticeable and dangerous to your body.

But that aside. Personal life is very important so if you wanna call me stupid for desperately having a child then go at it. Imo a 4 game suspension is peanuts in comparison to not having a child. I'm sorry that football wasn't the first thing on his mind when attempting to procreate.

Good lord

Increased testosterone means increased energy levels, increased stamina and endurance (and not just in the bedroom), etc. It could have an effect on his performance in training and on the field.

I knew it was going to be bad but lmao!!

Anyone who knows anything about steroids knows Mathis is full of it. He was using Steroids and got tested at the end of his cycle. No grown man takes female fertility drugs (especially clomid) if he isn't using testosterone. Jesus