Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Davis on NFL Network has the Colts @ 11-5.......

coltsfansince65

Wait a minute....... didn't we sweep the division last season?

Roster from top to bottom we're the best team in the AFC south soo how do we lose to the Titans?

Barring injuries, I got us sweeping the division again this season

Everyone is resetting their roster, we're adding to ours

Texans can take Clowney, Manziel, Gatorade CEO or whoever, we'll still be better than them

Titans choose to go with Glass Locker at QB they'll be out of the division race by week 6

Jags while they are playing more physically due to Gus, just don't have the talent to match it

Colts will be 6-0 in the division again this season

#BookIt

:colts:

I think we can beat Tennessee, Dallas, and Cincy.  We swept the division last year, so I'm not too concerned about Tennessee.  Dallas' defense was historically bad last year and there's nowhere to go but up, but I think their defense will remain a mess.  Cincy is hard to predict.  Their defense is good (will it still be without Zimmer?), but Dalton runs hot and cold.

I don't see us losing to the Titans. I can see the Texans beating us if they get a formidable quarterback.

That to me is the most questionable loss on that list.  

Dallas can be tough if they play well and all the other teams on there are pretty good teams.  But Tenn is just sort of out of no where.  

*shock* That's outrageous! How dare some in the media to suggest we ever lose another game.

It is ok to what if...run through a schedule but we all know that any given Sunday a team can win or lose...it means very little either way. I would say we are favorite in 11 games or so but we have no clue who will be starting at every position day 1...much less week 14 to say we should win or lose. I'm sure we win a game we aren't favored to...quite possibly week 1 and we lose 1 or 2 we shouldn't. I very much doubt we go undefeated in our division. Jacksonville is getting better...I promise you they put up a good fight and the Texans should have beat us last year if their coach doesn't have a heart attack. Tennesse always plays us hard.

Going game by game is fine but I don't think anyone can really hold a grudge because they have us 11-5 instead of 12-4 or something. We are division champs and should repeat..and possibly have a shot at a bye. Thats how I see it...but that doesn't mean anymore than Davis's opinion.

I have no doubt we will win the Division but I'm not foolish enough to sleep on our neighbors.

Tenn, Hou, and Jax all have some no nonsense coaches and teams usually take on the personality of their coaches. I will never under estimate a Ken Whisenthunt coached team.

Indeed. I think all 3 teams are improved this year. I like what Jacksonville is doing down there. I think Houston is a qb away from being a threat as well and Tennessee has a coach I definately respect but they perhaps have the most work imo.

Roster from top to bottom we're the best team in the AFC south soo how do we lose to the Titans?

Texans can take Clowney, Manziel, Gatorade CEO or whoever, we'll still be better than them

Titans choose to go with Glass Locker at QB they'll be out of the division race by week 6

Jags while they are playing more physically due to Gus, just don't have the talent to match it

#BookIt

We could lose to the Titans for several reasons.

One,  they've done a nice job upgrading that roster over the past few years.

More importantly,  two,  their new HC, Ken Whisenhunt does a nice job with his QB's.   I don't know if that means Locker, or if they'll grab a rookie out of this class.    I expect that, I just don't know which round.   My guess would be R3.

So, I think they'll be a much better coached team than before.....   I could see us losing down there....  I'm not saying we will, only that I think it's possible.

Titans lost Verner and CJ... I don't forsee the previous bad Titans beating the improved Colts!  But then again, that's why they play the games.  My guess they sweep the division and only lose to 3-4 games.  Denver and New England will be tough games but we probably beat one of them.  Cincy Bal Phi and Dallas are good enough to beat us but I think we only lose 1 or 2 against them.  I also think we may lose one unexpected game on the road we should win.

#BookIt

sometimes the better team doesn't win.

With loses to Denver, Tenn, Cinn, NE & Dallas.

I think we beat Dallas.

What do Y'all think?

No, I don't want to just beat Dallas. I want to demolish, annihilate, obliterate, and eradicate them completely. Usually, I am fair minded and balanced, but not when it comes to the Cowboys. I want Jerry Jones distraught & emotionally devastated. I just love when that team gets taken out behind the shed & physically stomped & dominated. I live for that actually.

I'm not a mean person by nature, but my intense dislike for the silver & blue star runs deep. Like I said in another post, Colts 35 Cowboys 10. 

If by some miracle Tony Romo throws a gaming winning hail mary TD to win that game & you feel the earth rumble beneath your feet, don't be scared or run to an underground shelter. That's just SW1 briefly displaying my disapproval over the game's final outcome.  :lol:  :P

We could lose to the Titans for several reasons.

One,  they've done a nice job upgrading that roster over the past few years.

More importantly,  two,  their new HC, Ken Whisenhunt does a nice job with his QB's.   I don't know if that means Locker, or if they'll grab a rookie out of this class.    I expect that, I just don't know which round.   My guess would be R3.

So, I think they'll be a much better coached team than before.....   I could see us losing down there....  I'm not saying we will, only that I think it's possible.

Yes NCF, the addition of Ken Whisenhunt to the AFC South Division makes our bid for a division title along with the Texans a blood sport now. If Ken can turn Jake Locker around in 1 season, he's got my vote for HC of the Year right now. I'm not a huge fan of Locker at all. 

To your salient point about being a QB wizard, it will be interesting to see if Philip Rivers regresses in San Diego without Ken to guide Philip on the West Coast anymore. Rivers had his best NFL season under Whisenhunt in the league. 

I think we can beat Tennessee, Dallas, and Cincy.  We swept the division last year, so I'm not too concerned about Tennessee.  Dallas' defense was historically bad last year and there's nowhere to go but up, but I think their defense will remain a mess.  Cincy is hard to predict.  Their defense is good (will it still be without Zimmer?), but Dalton runs hot and cold.

Your sentence about Dallas in red disturbed me initially, but then I read your conclusion in green & felt much better 21isSuperman.

If you ever wanna get a rise out of me, just say something complementary about the Cowboys. It sets me off like clockwork.  I respect you 21, but don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. Only teasing buddy! 

It will be interesting to see if a new OC Hue Jackson helps Andy Dalton or not. I agree. Dalton's post season flame outs are nothing to brag about that's for sure. 

Yes NCF, the addition of Ken Whisenhunt to the AFC South Division makes our bid for a division title along with the Texans a blood sport now. If Ken can turn Jake Locker around in 1 season, he's got my vote for HC of the Year right now. I'm not a huge fan of Locker at all. 

To your salient point about being a QB wizard, it will be interesting to see if Philip Rivers regresses in San Diego without Ken to guide Philip on the West Coast anymore. Rivers had his best NFL season under Whisenhunt in the league. 

To be clear, I'm no a Locker fan either.   Never have been.   Didn't like Tennessee taking him when they did.   And I don't expect Whisenhunt to work any miracles.   But, I think they'll take a QB in the draft that KW likes and who knows what happens with that?

The only thing I'm trying to say is that I think Tennessee will be better, as will Houston, as will J'Ville and I would not be surprised if one of them upsets us in their home.....     I'm not expecting it,  but I won't be surprised by it either...

To be clear, I'm no a Locker fan either.   Never have been.   Didn't like Tennessee taking him when they did.   And I don't expect Whisenhunt to work any miracles.   But, I think they'll take a QB in the draft that KW likes and who knows what happens with that?

The only thing I'm trying to say is that I think Tennessee will be better, as will Houston, as will J'Ville and I would not be surprised if one of them upsets us in their home.....     I'm not expecting it,  but I won't be surprised by it either...

I knew what you meant NCF my friend. I wasn't trying to infer that you believed Tennessee was going play lights out this season under a new regime. No worries. I just respect Ken Whisenhunt as a coach the same as you do. I'm still surprised Ken wasn't hired in Pittsburgh after Bill Cowher resigned, but I have no complaints with Mike Tomlin's success either. 

Yes, it would be wise for the Titans to get some QB insurance in the draft. You are correct especially since Matt Hasselbeck is now on our roster vs theirs if Locker underperforms. Well said.

I'm mostly afraid of the Eagles. Sproles is kryptonite for the Colts. 

Good point Lollygager. Sproles is extremely dangerous no question. It is gonna be really strange seeing him in "Brotherly Love" Philadelphia green man. Sproles fit like a glove in New Orleans. 

Coach Kelly will put him to good use though.