Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign S Colt Anderson

NewEra

isw

I understand Grigson is an ex-Eagle staff member and evereverything, but can he stop signing mediocre players from there or havingcrccial them visit.

Like if you're gonna get someone from the Eagles, grab Boykin or a good defensive lineman

Colt is a fantastic special teams player.

Corey Lynch or one of the other players who aren't starters can play gunner. Shoot, could've even brought DHB back to be a gunner

Soooooo, sign an overpriced bum receiver to play gunner, so long as he isn't a former Eagle...? 

This guy is the definition of a camp body. You nitpicking it for this one reason is rather petty.

Soooooo, sign an overpriced bum receiver to play gunner, so long as he isn't a former Eagle...?

This guy is the definition of a camp body. You nitpicking it for this one reason is rather petty.

I know DHB is a bum, but couldn't we sign him to another 1 year deal?

And all I'm saying is if you're gonna have ties with an old team, make some good moves. Don't have to be ESPN worthy, but we can find gunners anywhere.

And I really hope he's just a camp body or special teamer cause the fact he couldn't beat out Allen or Coleman to play S for the Eagles isn't exactly encouraging if Grigson is gonna give him a shot at starting for us

I understand Grigson is an ex-Eagle staff member and everything, but can he stop signing mediocre players from there or having them visit.

Like if you're gonna get someone from the Eagles, grab Boykin or a good defensive lineman

Corey Lynch or one of the other players who aren't starters can play gunner. Shoot, could've even brought DHB back to be a gunner

Whats the  big deal, bringing in depth players at a position of need to create some competition seems like a good idea & safety net & insurance against reaching for a player in the draft, especially in this draft where pickas are at a minimum...

Having Pro-Bowlers at every position would be awesome, but not very realistic...

I know DHB is a bum, but couldn't we sign him to another 1 year deal?

And all I'm saying is if you're gonna have ties with an old team, make some good moves. Don't have to be ESPN worthy, but we can find gunners anywhere.

And I really hope he's just a camp body or special teamer cause the fact he couldn't beat out Allen or Coleman to play S for the Eagles isn't exactly encouraging if Grigson is gonna give him a shot at starting for us

We can find a gunner anywhere, so why doesn't that apply to Anderson? He's a gunner. Does it matter where he came from? He's a camp guy with special teams experience. To me, he's not worth an opinion in either direction until he's on the field.

DHB signed for $800k, to play receiver. Us signing him to to compete at gunner would have been pretty ridiculous.

Whats the big deal, bringing in depth players at a position of need to create some competition seems like a good idea & safety net & insurance against reaching for a player in the draft, especially in this draft where pickas are at a minimum...

Having Pro-Bowlers at every position would be awesome, but not very realistic...

I know having a pro bowler at every position is unrealistic. Pro Bowl is a joke anyway so I could careless about that.

But I just hate when we sign bums, it blows me. DHB was a bum at WR, decent at gunner.

Anderson is a bum at Safety, I'll wait to see what he is at gunner

I know having a pro bowler at every position is unrealistic. Pro Bowl is a joke anyway so I could careless about that.

But I just hate when we sign bums, it blows me. DHB was a bum at WR, decent at gunner.

well there are gonna be some more players signed to compete & round out the roster heading into camp, so not sure what there is to get hung about...

I know the draft can't get here fast enough...

you realize they need 90 guys in camp right?

well there are gonna be some more players signed to compete & round out the roster heading into camp, so not sure what there is to get hung about...

I know the draft can't get here fast enough...

I sure hope our starting safety or back-up safety is in this draft class

I like Howell, but I don't know if I like him enough to like the idea of him starting. I'm 50/50 on that

LOL @ some people in this thread. We just signed him and you are ready to let him go because he is not a starter-type player.

I, for one, am excited at the potential the Special Teams might have. I think it is obvious that we have the talent to run one back and signing another ST tackler will create better field position. This will be helpful for whomever we are starting among the DBs

I understand Grigson is an ex-Eagle staff member and everything, but can he stop signing mediocre players from there or having them visit.

So let me get this right? There is a 53 man roster during regular season. Around 90 players during training camp. 22 slated starters out of the 53 man roster. So every player that Grigson signs need to be a starter? Are you aware there is a salary cap? You seem to have this notion that the Colts can just fill their roster with nothing but great and all star players. I am quite sure Grigson wishes the same but reality sets in. :scratch:  :giveup:

LOL @ some people in this thread. We just signed him and you are ready to let him go because he is not a starter-type player.

I, for one, am excited at the potential the Special Teams might have. I think it is obvious that we have the talent to run one back and signing another ST tackler will create better field position. This will be helpful for whomever we are starting among the DBs

Right. If he improves the roster, even if at the 53rd spot, then it's a good signing. If not, no harm.