Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wayne expected to be cleared by the end of the month

CR91

Nothing we didn't already know, news came awhile ago he was running so he was ahead of schedule. 

Now we just need 

Donald Thomas

Vick Ballard

Dwayne Allen

Greg Toler

to get it all together & we'll be sitting pretty heading into the season :colts:

Nothing we didn't already know, news came awhile ago he was running so he was ahead of schedule. 

Now we just need 

Donald Thomas

Vick Ballard

Dwayne Allen

Greg Toler

to get it all together & we'll be sitting pretty heading into the season :colts:

allen and ballard are ready to go from what Ive been hearing. Havent heard much about thomas or toler

Toler should be fine unless he hurt his groin in the off season too. Anyone who has pulled a groin knows the only thing that can heal that is time.  

Grigs has talked about Thomas it kind of sounded like he was beating around the bush I'd be a little concerned there but still think he will be good to go by camp.

I think Grigs really expects Lance Louis fight for a spot at G not sure which one but he is high on him. I would expect that we draft an O Lineman hopefully Trai Turner in the 5th that'd be a steal.

We could end up with new starters at all interior line positions unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility. We know our C will be someone new.

Good news...really interested to see where he is at by the preseason. I have a hard time believing he will be his same self at his age coming off a serious knee injury but I know he will put in the work and I'm sure he will contribute in one form or another. I would expect us to limit his snaps this year and use Nicks more and two TE sets. It's exciting never-the-less.

Unless you have been through an ACL tear you don't fully understand how impressive this is, then you factor at what age he is doing this... WOW. Last hurdle now is the mental one.

i was at training camp for the first time last year. Seeing Reggie up close its easy to see what a physical freak of nature he is. I realize must NFL players are, but his physique stood out even surrounded by other professional athletes

Now we just need 

Donald Thomas

Vick Ballard

Dwayne Allen

Greg Toler

So you knew he should be expected to be medically cleared in late April, rather than May or June, or... ? Amazing.

This good news is manna from Colts Football Heaven. Reggie leading our charge, well it just doesn`t get any better than that!

allen and ballard are ready to go from what Ive been hearing. Havent heard much about thomas or toler

Thomas is working hard.  He actually had two injuries...tricep and quad if I recall correctly.  It is a slow going process.  I have a sick feeling he begins on PUP.  

Havn't heard anything about Ballard but Allen sounds like he's more then ready to get back to football.  Says he's close to 110% whatever that means.  But he has said he's 100% before.

Thomas I've heard is having some problems with recovery.  Not much details but I think either Grigs or Pagano said they where behind schedule and that the injury was a real bad one.

Don't know anything about Toler.  

I wonder if Wayne and Luck are gonna go down to Miami with the receivers to practice once Wayne gets cleared.  

Havn't heard anything about Ballard but Allen sounds like he's more then ready to get back to football. Says he's close to 110% whatever that means. But he has said he's 100% before.

Thomas I've heard is having some problems with recovery. Not much details but I think either Grigs or Pagano said they where behind schedule and that the injury was a real bad one.

Don't know anything about Toler.

I wonder if Wayne and Luck are gonna go down to Miami with the receivers to practice once Wayne gets cleared.

I hope so, Da'Rick Rogers could really use the practice. Very raw WR but the potential is the sky for the guy

Now we just need 

Donald Thomas

Vick Ballard

Dwayne Allen

Greg Toler

I'm starting to feel giddy! Ballard is ahead in his recovery, and sounds like he will be back without any hiccups. Allen sounds like he wishes there was a game for him to play in today, so we know he should be good to go. Thank you Reggie for letting us all take a small breath, as we keep praying for your recovery. Toler I have some serious questions about; however, my number one concern is definitely Donald Thomas. I also read, as some on here have alluded to, that his recovery is behind schedule. Sounds like his progress has been slow with more plateaus than expected. Not very reassuring for a 300+ LB man trying to recover from one of the few injuries worse than a torn ACL. A torn quadricep is a devastating injury, especially for a thug in the trenches who depends on that drive off the snap. We wish you well Donald, but I wish we had a better stop gap solution than Lance Lewis... Please, please get better DT!!!

I hope so, Da'Rick Rogers could really use the practice. Very raw WR but the potential is the sky for the guy

Plus it would help Nicks and Luck get in synch.  

But I agree with you on Rodgers.  Most of his problems in the few games we saw him play in seemed to be mental mistakes.  If anyone can coach him on the mental side of the game it's Reggie.  

But he can get open and make some big catches too.  

i was at training camp for the first time last year. Seeing Reggie up close its easy to see what a physical freak of nature he is. I realize must NFL players are, but his physique stood out even surrounded by other professional athletes

Thanks for your take. I kind of imagined he would, even for a skinny dude. Reggie has always reminded me of the Ray Allen of the NFL, with his strict, disciplined workout regimen. Just always working every extra little bit to keep a permanent edge on the competition. I hope it pays off for him. He has earned a break!

Plus it would help Nicks and Luck get in synch.

But I agree with you on Rodgers. Most of his problems in the few games we saw him play in seemed to be mental mistakes. If anyone can coach him on the mental side of the game it's Reggie.

But he can get open and make some big catches too.

:agree:

No question the talent is there, it's just like you said he struggles with the mental aspect & also the fundamentals

I am sure being a top athlete doesn't hurt the rehab process, however it is still a tremendous amount of work. You can't just rest and ice it and hope it goes back to the way it was. He had to have been putting in 8 hrs or more a day rehabbing and taking care of it.

I am sure being a top athlete doesn't hurt the rehab process, however it is still a tremendous amount of work. You can't just rest and ice it and hope it goes back to the way it was. He had to have been putting in 8 hrs or more a day rehabbing and taking care of it.

Plus, it has to heal, which is just nature at work. Can't rush that.

After Wes Welker's recovery a few years ago, I'm not counting him out. Reggie is older than Wes was, but he also has a few extra weeks. Hold him out of offseason work, let him get his legs under him in camp, and let's see him Week 1. 

Plus, it has to heal, which is just nature at work. Can't rush that.

After Wes Welker's recovery a few years ago, I'm not counting him out. Reggie is older than Wes was, but he also has a few extra weeks. Hold him out of offseason work, let him get his legs under him in camp, and let's see him Week 1. 

If reggie has been running for a few months now he probably has probably got most of his strength back. I say most because for the average person you can get to about 85-90% strength at about 1yr to 18 months but that other 15-10% can take an addition year or two. Most people don't have the fleet of trainers and the chance to work out all day everyday, so i assume that time table might be a little slow for pro athletes. Like i said before his biggest obstacle is mental, being able to trust the work you put in during rehab to strengthen the muscle around the knee. I imagine for a WR it will take him a little bit to trust his cuts in and out of the breaks. My ACL tear was in May of 2010 had surgery at the end of November ( i tore my ACL & meniscus during a deployment in afghan, and they wouldn't send me back to fix it) I rehabbed for about 10 months (got deployed again) and even to this day i have some mental issues about it when i am out playing basketball, i ease up when i know i use to put the pedal to the metal.