Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles release Desean Jackson

Colts_Fan12

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After careful consideration over this offseason, the Philadelphia Eagles have decided to part ways with DeSean Jackson. The team informed him of his release today.

id say the steelers panthers and jets will look into him. heck throw in the raiders too. they just keep taking players. just signed MJD

Reporting that he refused to break ties with a gang out of Los Angles that's responsible for 2 murders last year. He sounds like a thug to begin with but according to some insiders he was a locker room cancer that made his being traded necessary. Apparently the other teams know of his history and his gang links because the Eagles didn't get any offers for him.

His talent and speed would be perfect for our carpet, but if he's such a cancer and has ties like they claim we don't even need to consider him..

Exactly what I said in the other thread. Nothing to do with money it system.

"A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly are the reasons, sources told NJ.com. "

He's from So. Cal and went to Cal.......

I feel a phone call coming to Mr. Jackson from.......     The Raiders.

Another team to consider....  Kansas City.    Andy Reid used to be Jackson's HC and is said to have a good relationship with him.

I wouldn't go anywhere near him and that was before the gang related reports, The gang related reports(if true...and even if not he is stll not someone I want associated with the Colts) are just further  indication of the type of person he is

I would bet there are a lot more players with gang ties than what your average fan thinks.

Maybe, but there may not be too many too. It could go either way I suppose. I would say get rid of all of them, screw it. If there aren't any players left, then so be it.

He's from So. Cal and went to Cal.......

I feel a phone call coming to Mr. Jackson from.......     The Raiders.

That could end tragically. I'm not talking about on the field. If gang ties are true, he needs to get as far away from that stuff if possible. I have very little knowledge about gang distribution, but I can't imagine Green Bay is a hotbed.

That could end tragically. I'm not talking about on the field. If gang ties are true, he needs to get as far away from that stuff if possible. I have very little knowledge about gang distribution, but I can't imagine Green Bay is a hotbed.

He needs to go to KC lol

Maybe he isn't willing to get away, Maybe he is scared to get away.....IF he is even in a gang. With many gangs the only way out is death (I watch to much Lock Up on MSNBC)

ESPN is reporting that Philly released him rather than trade him because they didn't want to burn a trade partner.

The feared the team getting DJax would find out too late what they were  getting and be * at Philly.

You don't want to burn trade partners in that kind of situation.    They won't do business with you in the future.

As Grigson and others like to say.....   this is a relationship business.

He shouldn't be in the league if gang ties are true.

To be fair he hasn't been accused of committing any crimes himself.  The problem is that he is apparently close friends with some people who have committed murder.

That said I wouldn't touch him.  We don't really need a WR anyways, plus you don't want one with gang ties.

To be fair he hasn't been accused of committing any crimes himself.  The problem is that he is apparently close friends with some people who have committed murder.

That said I wouldn't touch him.  We don't really need a WR anyways, plus you don't want one with gang ties.

Doesn't make a difference in my opinion. Look at Aaron Hernandez. He wasn't committing until it was too late.

Doesn't make a difference in my opinion. Look at Aaron Hernandez. He wasn't committing until it was too late.

True and don't get me wrong a lot of teams won't touch him because of that.  

However I just don't believe he should be banned.  

Most people knew this was coming eventually.

Possible gang ties and flashing gang signs is very worrying for a guy with so much talent though. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole personally but he was a hell of fantasy player with the Eagles. I will miss that more than anything.

Words cannot describe my respect for the Eagles organization. Many players think they are bigger than the team or can get away with any behaviour because they are a "star". Guess what....think again. I hope this sets a presidence for other teams to step up and do the right thing as well when players step over the line. Too many teams still overlook or try to sweep stuff under the carpet in the name of winning. It's time for Owners, General Managers, and Coaches to send a message. It is a priviledge not a right to play professional football.

Words cannot describe my respect for the Eagles organization. Many players think they are bigger than the team or can get away with any behaviour because they are a "star". Guess what....think again. I hope this sets a presidence for other teams to step up and do the right thing as well when players step over the line. Too many teams still overlook or try to sweep stuff under the carpet in the name of winning. It's time for Owners, General Managers, and Coaches to send a message. It is a priviledge not a right to play professional football.

I think the Aaron Hernandez situation played a big hand in this. Players need to realize that certain associations are just not going to be tolerated by NFL orgs anymore. Too much risk.

Maybe he isn't willing to get away, Maybe he is scared to get away.....IF he is even in a gang. With many gangs the only way out is death (I watch to much Lock Up on MSNBC)

You could be right. My knowledge of gangs is limited to Boyz n the Hood.