Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IF the Colts would take the Saints Rd 1 pick whom would you select?

From what I've seen the Saints have 1.7 Million in cap space left. I believe they will try and move down in the Draft.

Some fans on this forum are totally against moving up and some like the idea.

Whether you agree with the Colts moving up or are totally against the idea... Whom would you select in Round 1 #27 ?

edit: i put this in the wrong section of the forum...Mods could you transfer this to nfl draft, scouting, FA talk please

Clinton Dix will be the 1st FS taken, so I would go with Calvin Pryor. Darqueze Dennard would be a close 2nd if he's there. There would be other guys I wouldn't mind though. Louis Nix if he's there, Kony Ealy or Dee Ford would be alright too. By the way, Dennard and Nix will most likely be gone way before 27, but both could fall toward the end of the 1st.

Clinton Dix will be the 1st FS taken, so I would go with Calvin Pryor. Darqueze Dennard would be a close 2nd if he's there. There would be other guys I wouldn't mind though. Louis Nix if he's there, Kony Ealy or Dee Ford would be alright too. By the way, Dennard and Nix will most likely be gone way before 27, but both could fall toward the end of the 1st.

Lots of people like Pryor over Dix

From what I've seen the Saints have 1.7 Million in cap space left. I believe they will try and move down in the Draft.

Some fans on this forum are totally against moving up and some like the idea.

Whether you agree with the Colts moving up or are totally against the idea... Whom would you select in Round 1 #27 ?

edit: i put this in the wrong section of the forum...Mods could you transfer this to nfl draft, scouting, FA talk please

NOLA picks 27th?.....The Colts are not going to give up future picks or under contract players for the #27 pick in the draft..

....Lets not compound the mistake we made giving up our own No. 1

my colts draft------2--shazier----olb- ohio state

-------3-smith----- de----Arkansas

5-wadkins-cb---florida

6-britt--ot---mizzou

7- fulton-og-- tennesee

If they were to move up then it should be for a safety. The more I think about it, both of the top safeties have some big risks. Clinton-Dix is from Alabama, which worries me because it seems players from there wear down prematurely and have a certain way of not living up to expectations. Pryor seems like a good, complete safety but with the way he hits it seems like he might get flagged often and doesn't tackle well. In addition, there's a good chance neither of the safeties are there. If that's the case, then assuming he's cleared medically, I think Louis Nix might be the best option. He and Chapman could rotate and do a good job at the nose tackle position which would free up the linebackers more.

NOLA picks 27th?.....The Colts are not going to give up future picks or under contract players for the #27 pick in the draft..

....Lets not compound the mistake we made giving up our own No. 1

This is EXACTLY the time to add Top Quality talent to compliment the Defensive UNIT at Safety.

If they were to move up then it should be for a safety. The more I think about it, both of the top safeties have some big risks. Clinton-Dix is from Alabama, which worries me because it seems players from there wear down prematurely and have a certain way of not living up to expectations. Pryor seems like a good, complete safety but with the way he hits it seems like he might get flagged often and doesn't tackle well. In addition, there's a good chance neither of the safeties are there. If that's the case, then assuming he's cleared medically, I think Louis Nix might be the best option. He and Chapman could rotate and do a good job at the nose tackle position which would free up the linebackers more.

Guess 349lb Montori Hughes should be cut and go with your guy eh'?

Why is this two sentences?

It's almost better than the alternative....

We have a number of posters who do not use simple punctuation.    No commas.   No periods.   No nothing.

They write one long continuous run-on sentence.    You typically have to re-read it several times to get an idea of where punctuation would actually go?    It's a mystery.........

Adventures in English!    Coming to a Website near you!!      :thmup:

It's almost better than the alternative....

We have a number of posters who do not use simple punctuation.    No commas.   No periods.   No nothing.

They write one long continuous run-on sentence.    You typically have to re-read it several times to get an idea of where punctuation would actually go?    It's a mystery.........

Adventures in English!    Coming to a Website near you!!      :thmup:

So far I like Adventures In Babysitting(A movie) much better :funny:

Guess 349lb Montori Hughes should be cut and go with your guy eh'?

I would start Nix, rotate in Chapman and put Hughes in occasionally. I think I remember Pagano saying something about similarities between Hughes and Ngata which leads me to believe he views Hughes as someone who would play outside and take a few snaps at nose tackle but I may be completely off. 

There would have to be someone great who falls. I would not want to trade our 2015 first rounder to move up.

I would consider Zack Martin OT Notre Dame. You could play him at guard for a year and then let Castonzo walk next year and try to sign Patrick Peterson CB Arizona Cardinals instead.

I would also consider Kony Ealy. He is raw, but I think he could look good rushing opposite Mathis.

if we wound up with the #27 pick, unless someone spectacular fell, I would probably turn around and trade down to pick up some extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

But here is the kicker, we would have probably given up a future 2nd and current 2nd to get that 1st round pick.

I am not sure if it is worth it. I'd just try to get a high #4 and a high #5 for our late #3 and that is the best trade down scenario I can think of.

What If ??  I have seen no indication or talk of the Colts getting a first round pick anywhere. Maybe a subject that has a little more reality to it would tweek my interest.

There's been talk that the Colts SHOULD look at moving up. Not sure how plausible it is given the lack of picks but I think it's plausible for a team looking to move down and gather more picks. In the trade scenario with the Saints they would have too low round 2nd picks, and in this draft, it's just as valuable as low first round picks. Draft is beyond  deep.

PLEASE COLTS FIND A RECEIVER LIKE CALVIN JOHNSON 6'4 AND UP THAT CAN PLAY BIG AND FAST AND SMART AND CAN JUMP WITH THE BEST OF THEM SO ANDREW LUCK CAN HAVE A THREE HEADED MONSTER WITH NICKS WAYNE AND HILTON AND ROGERS AS BACK UP LIKE MAYBE A BRANDON COLEMAN FROM RUTGERS