Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will any Colts get cut?

1959Colts

Keep going back and forth about what will happen with Satele.. I pray he is cut though

& wouldn't be against Toler getting cut even though it won't happen. Thought our defense was a lot better when he was healthy, but too much injury concern when we could cut him and pick up 4 mil

Satele will definitely be cut, and I hope we also cut Toler and Sheppard. Then we have around 50 million in cap space. If I had to guess I would say only Satele gets cut though. Toler will probably be back and play under 10 games.

I don't think Toler will get cut. Grigson mentioned him as someone who needs to stay healthy and be more consistent next year so based on that I doubt they are considering cutting him.

yea its starting to worry me that there hasnt been ANY news of recent that states the colts are in contract talks (or progres) with any of their own free agents (Davis, Pat, Adam V)..or atleast cutting players or a "PLAYER" that would just eat up CAP.

There have been talks of Grigson working out a contract with Davis. Also, I think Grigson doesn't want to make a premature cut, because he doesn't want to be left with a bad situation. I think he cuts players after he finds all the free agents he wants, or after he finds a better player.

Cutting Toler saves us over 4 million against the cap... He isn't worth 4 Million. I say goodbye.

Cutting Satele saves us 4 million against the cap too. Bye bye.

RJF could go either way, he saves us over 3 million if cut.

My feeling on RJF is, our backups played better.

So he is not worth 3 million plus.

There have been talks of Grigson working out a contract with Davis. Also, I think Grigson doesn't want to make a premature cut, because he doesn't want to be left with a bad situation. I think he cuts players after he finds all the free agents he wants, or after he finds a better player.

I understand what you're saying..it's just that a certain player *cough, Satele*, is seen as a waste of cap space by both nfl rankings (i seen it a while back, i forgot the source it came from) and Colts fans..(but i realise colts fans arent the experts with a coaching/ GM job..no offense!) and its obvious from his on the field play, not just speculation!  So i guess what I'm saying is it cant get much worse, so why not cut him?!

I understand what you're saying..it's just that a certain player *cough, Satele*, is seen as a waste of cap space by both nfl rankings (i seen it a while back, i forgot the source it came from) and Colts fans..(but i realise colts fans arent the experts with a coaching/ GM job..no offense!) and its obvious from his on the field play, not just speculation!  So i guess what I'm saying is it cant get much worse, so why not cut him?!

I agree that he needs to be cut, but there could be no centers available. A lot of the FA that Colts fans want are getting re-signed or too expensive. It's going to dry the FA pool up. I think Grigson is preparing for the worst. If you cut Satele right now, there could be no serviceable centers available. If Grigson can't find one, he could always re-sign Satele as a back-up if he's not cut.

Over on http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Teams are cutting their high priced vets left and right.

The bonus is that the Colts are in a situation where rash moves aren't necessary, why cut players when at this time it isn't necessary.

Grigson has managed the cap so we have the luxury to wait and see what works out with FA and the draft.

We are in good shape with the cap right now!

I think Satele is the only risk.  I also read somewhere that Hawley is expected to be a priority re-sign for the Falcons.  If so, that makes it less likely.

The only way anyone else gets cut is when the cap tightens and hinders the ability to re-sign more prominent players. 

With $35M in cap space, there is really no pressure to cut anybody.

Holmes should be just fine as a good upgrade.
Grigson and Pagano have shown Supreme Loyalty to Samson.
If they don`t have a better option, i could see them offering to rework his deal at a lower number and let him compete for the starting job.
The problem is as a backup does Satele have only one position.
 Does Satele believe some other Team would be interested and if so what is his market value? lol

In the "Current Colts Roster List with Salaries" post at top of the page,

it shows contracts:

RJF:      4 years / 22 million

Toler:    3 years / 15 million

Landry:  4 years / 24 million

No way are these guys worth that kind of money!

idk you never know about landry, but the other two defiantly toler can be cut though with no cap casualty i think  

Based on what Grigson said at the Combine, it really sounds like the FO doesn't plan on Satele being on the team much longer. He definitely deserves to be cut based on the way he's played. The sooner they cut him, the sooner I can stop worrying about if we're going to have to suffer another year of head bobs.

Based on what Grigson said at the Combine, it really sounds like the FO doesn't plan on Satele being on the team much longer. He definitely deserves to be cut based on the way he's played. The sooner they cut him, the sooner I can stop worrying about if we're going to have to suffer another year of head bobs.

Where can I see this press conference at? Some of the mods & other forum members keep talking about Mr. Grigson's face when the question was asked about Satele. Where's this video at?

I see the "salary cap casualty" cuts are starting to take place across the NFL.

NE has released S Steve Gregory. The move saves the Patriots $2.85 million against the cap.

Pats release S Steve Gregory, save $2.85M

Will we make any similar cuts? Thoughts???

If we had any intentions of releasing anyone I would honestly wait until after free agency and the draft..

If we can't upgrade a position through either one of those two then I say certain players will be safe.

But if the colts target lets just say a center of corner, well I'm guessing their intentions are to release Toler and Satele..

But we need to make sure we upgrade those positions first before we make any cuts.

As much as some wont like this I don't see us cutting Toler.  He played pretty well for us at the start of the year when he was healthy.  Frankly he did what he was brought here to do till he got hurt and I know he has an injury history but I don't see Grigson releasing him after one season to sign another cornerback.  If he has another season full of injuries and he plays like he did at the end of the season (which I think frankly was a product of not being healthy) then I could see him being released at the end of the season but I doubt they do anything this off-season. 

Holmes should be just fine as a good upgrade.

Grigson and Pagano have shown Supreme Loyalty to Samson.

If they don`t have a better option, i could see them offering to rework his deal at a lower number and let him compete for the starting job.

The problem is as a backup does Satele have only one position.

Does Satele believe some other Team would be interested and if so what is his market value? lol

I just have to laugh when people say Holmes is an upgrade to Satele?? :lol:  Based on what?? He could be worse!!