Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Louis Delmas....

...is a guy the Colts should take a look at if we don't re-sign Bethea.

He's young (26) and solid (only allowed a 43.8 completion% this year).

He's one of the few mid-tier safeties of this years FA class.

He seems like the type of guy that Grigs would sign. 

I like it. Didn't realise he was a FA this season and I haven't heard his name mentioned until now.

I still think I'd like to resign Bethea. I'm not convinced either way at this stage.

I agree though, Delmas seems to fit the type of player that Grigs tends to go for and, if Bethea did end up leaving, I'd be pretty happy if we signed him.

Isn't he a natural SS?

Manusky's defense doesn't really have a natural FS position. Both guys play the same role, they just alternate.

Landry played single-high about 50% of the time and Bethea played single-high about 50% of the time. 

If we're defining a FS as a guy who played single high the most, than technically Landry was the FS.

Manusky's defense doesn't really have a natural FS position. Both guys play the same role, they just alternate.

Landry played single-high about 50% of the time and Bethea played single-high about 50% of the time. 

If we're defining a FS as a guy who played single high the most, than technically Landry was the FS.

Do you think the defense was like that because both Bethea and Landry were both natural SS.

Delmas is injury prone and has been most of his career. I think Grigson has learned by now about signing injury prone players. Donald Thomas,Toler, Bradshaw, it usually never works out. Go after players that have been healthy throughout their career.

The words "injury prone" are really started to get thrown around here too often. Did you see the hit Bradshaw took in the 49ers game? Do you realize ANYONE who took that hit would've gotten injured. Bradshaw could've been paralyzed. That does not make him injury prone when an hit like that occurs

And Donald Thomas got rolled up on or something didn't he? Only injury prone player that was signed this off-season was Toler

Bradshaw was doing great until that hit happen so he doesn't count cause like I said, anyone would've been hurt off that injury. If Andrew Luck took that hit, would you label him injury prone too?

Donald Thomas had a major injury with the Dolphins and Bradshaw couldn't practice much with the Giants because of his foot problems. I know Bradshaw injury could have happen to anyone but once you start having a bunch of injuries they usually never stop especially as you get older.

The words "injury prone" are really started to get thrown around here too often. Did you see the hit Bradshaw took in the 49ers game? Do you realize ANYONE who took that hit would've gotten injured. Bradshaw could've been paralyzed. That does not make him injury prone when an hit like that occurs

And Donald Thomas got rolled up on or something didn't he? Only injury prone player that was signed this off-season was Toler

Bradshaw was doing great until that hit happen so he doesn't count cause like I said, anyone would've been hurt off that injury. If Andrew Luck took that hit, would you label him injury prone too?

Thomas was simply blocking someone, nothing out of the ordinary, and his quad tendon tore.

I'll say it again, it all comes down to money. I don't like or dislike Delmas, so if we can get him for 1.5M$ then sure sign him. If he is wants 4M$ is he worth it? IF Delmas wants 4M$ and Bethea wants 4M$ who do you take? If either of them want 4M$ should we spend 8-9M$ on Byrd instead? Just something to think about.

This is correct!

Delmas couldn't even practice during the regular season last year, the last thing we need is another injury prone high priced player.

what makes you think he will be high priced? I'd think the exact opposite, which is why i brought him up.

BloodontheTracks "Thomas was simply blocking someone, nothing out of the ordinary, and his quad tendon tore."

- TKnight "Freak accident sounds like to me,"

I watched this several times on NFL Rewind.  Satele stepped on Thomas' foot and pinned it as Thomas moved forward.

Remember when Matt Stafford was injury prone because he got a few fluke injuries? A lot of these these guys are just very unlucky, you're right.

Donald Thomas had a major injury with the Dolphins and Bradshaw couldn't practice much with the Giants because of his foot problems. I know Bradshaw injury could have happen to anyone but once you start having a bunch of injuries they usually never stop especially as you get older.

From what I can see Thomas has only had 2 major injuries in his professional career.  He suffered a Lisfranc fracture in his very first professional game in 2008 (he finished the game playing on a bad foot).  The other injury was the one this year.  I wouldnt call 2 injuries in 6 years injury prone.  I will give you Toler and Bradshaw but Thomas is a stretch.

What's with everyone hating on Bethea so much? I understand not resigning him if we plan on getting Byrd. But your willing to let Bethea walk for a guy who is injury prone and not as good? I thought we were trying to improve our team.

Delmas is better than Betha.