Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers

Rob Lowe

Honestly since the Bengals game he hasn't done much.  He's had a catch here or there (one really big one vs. the Chiefs) but he's shown the same drops issue DHB has and has issues running routes which is why he doesn't get open more.  I think he's a nice back up player but I don't think he's the stud some make him out to be. 

That's what everyone said about DHB too.

True, but to be fair, DHB had all of the OTA's, training camp and preseason as well as every practice in the regular season up to the point he was benched to practice with the offense as the # 2 WR on the depth chart.  Rogers wasn't even with the team during OTA's, training camp and preseason and spent the regular season up until November on the practice squad where he did little or no practicing with Luck and the rest of the offense.  :)

He had drop issues today.  He hasn't been that bad about dropping the football overall.

We are talking about a rookie receiver.  His route running and ability to separate will improve.

I must also give props to Griff Whalen, he's showed good improvement in each of his last couple

of ball games. I like where he's at right now.....

Honestly since the Bengals game he hasn't done much.  He's had a catch here or there (one really big one vs. the Chiefs) but he's shown the same drops issue DHB has and has issues running routes which is why he doesn't get open more.  I think he's a nice back up player but I don't think he's the stud some make him out to be. 

I agree on the route running but not on drops.  His first drop today was pretty bad but he got nailed at the time the ball got there on the second one.  Yes he had his hands on the ball but that's not necessarily one that I would say he should have caught considering the hit he took.  It's definitely one you hope he makes but even the best WR's in the league are going to miss those sometimes.

Either way though I definitely don't think it's fair to say he's shown the same drop issues as DHB.

I agree on the route running but not on drops.  His first drop today was pretty bad but he got nailed at the time the ball got there on the second one.  Yes he had his hands on the ball but that's not necessarily one that I would say he should have caught considering the hit he took.  It's definitely one you hope he makes but even the best WR's in the league are going to miss those sometimes.

Either way though I definitely don't think it's fair to say he's shown the same drop issues as DHB.

He dropped 2 or 3 more passes later in the game as well...

that was when they came...when they were trying to comeback...they didn't look difficult..if fact..Dierdorf said that it hit him right between the 1 and the 6 on his jersey...Since he didn't have a catch, I couldn't find out how many times he was targeted, but I remember two for sure in the 4th...

Indeed. I am not sure what to make of it. One of his knocks (and the reason he was let go in Buffalo) was because of work ethic issues. He came out strong and then flickered out like a weak candle. I'm not so sure we should pin him up as a starter, or even an offensive weapon moving forward, 

Indeed. I am not sure what to make of it. One of his knocks (and the reason he was let go in Buffalo) was because of work ethic issues. He came out strong and then flickered out like a weak candle. I'm not so sure we should pin him up as a starter, or even an offensive weapon moving forward,

I could easily see him released in final cuts next year and have people lose their minds over it and then four weeks into the season forget he was even on the roster like Nevis this year.

I could easily see him released in final cuts next year and have people lose their minds over it and then four weeks into the season forget he was even on the roster like Nevis this year.

indeed. He had one big game for us. It happens every season to every team. Though this situation is a wee different, Rogers was viewed as a great prospect for some time. I believe some even had him graded as a first round talent before his troubles began. Even after his trouble he was touted as a good prospect, and not your typical late round pick/UDFA. 

And maybe he bounces back and turns into a good, starting quality receiver. But to move forward expecting him to be an offensive weapon is a mistake in my opinion. 

So...you don't think he should at least get 1 full season to see what he can do with the benefits of OTA's, TC and a full Pre-season?

I've seen enough, there no need to burn additional time on this.  We have one of these guys to bring along that have already showed potential.  Time to move on and let Griff play, Roger's is a bust    accept it and move on

I've seen enough, there no need to burn additional time on this.  We have one of these guys to bring along that have already showed potential.  Time to move on and let Griff play, Roger's is a bust    accept it and move on

You are just way off.

He's a rookie, who hasn't benefitted from OTA's, TC, pre-season, AND missed building chemistry with Luck for half a season. That's huge.

They both need that in order to become better. Practice is key. Writting a receiver off after this few games is just wrong.

You are just way off.

He's a rookie, who hasn't benefitted from OTA's, TC, pre-season, AND missed building chemistry with Luck for half a season. That's huge.

They both need that in order to become better. Practice is key. Writting a receiver off after this few games is just wrong.

^^^This

Frankly I don't care if you think you've seen enough and fortunately no one on the coaching staff will either.  You're being incredibly ignorant and short sighted.  There is no way to accurately judge a player (a rookie no less) who was only on the active roster for less than half of the season.  If people like you had your way, Fleener would have been cut half way through last season and Werner would have been cut halfway through this season.  But thank god people like you DON'T get your way in matters such as this. 

^^^This

Frankly I don't care if you think you've seen enough and fortunately no one on the coaching staff will either.  You're being incredibly ignorant and short sighted.  There is no way to accurately judge a player (a rookie no less) who was only on the active roster for less than half of the season.  If people like you had your way, Fleener would have been cut half way through last season and Werner would have been cut halfway through this season.  But thank god people like you DON'T get your way in matters such as this. 

And frankly I could not care less what you think as well, go back and watch what this kid has done...   You'll find that it not much, case closed... Continuing to keep beating the drum for THIS kid is pointless..

And frankly I could not care less what you think as well, go back and watch what this kid has done... You'll find that it not much, case closed... Continuing to keep beating the drum for THIS kid is pointless..

See maniq's post above.

I know he played like crap yesterday.  over the past 4-6 weeks, it seems he can make a great catch followed by a drop.  At least he caught a few long ones.  DHB did not catch any.  Roger's did not bring it yesterday and we sure could have used him.  Hopefully, he makes that 2nd year jump/improvement.  He did not have OTA's and training camp with us last year.

^^^This

reggie will work with all our receivers and help them to be great, imo  rogers will be a great.

OP isn't going far enough. We need to make Rogers the head coach, and Deion Branch the offensive coordinator. Pagano can be the team counselor and psychologist, and Pep can be the guy who watches this message board for ideas about how to improve the team.

Come on Superman, I've always thought you were one of the more informed and elucidated on the board but this just madness. Pagano is clearly better suited to be being the team mystic/faith healer.