Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach Chuck deer in the headlights

jblastick

Luck should be NFL MVP for carrying this steaming pile of crap coaching staff, GM and owner to the playoffs.

This team has 2 win talent, it's horrible.

I can't believe we gave up a 1st rounder for Richardson, that's worth firing the GM alone.

FJC, come on now........

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pagano is a good guy but he's nothing more then a defensive backs coach. We were down 14 with 7 mins left in the 4th and he decides to punt the ball. I already knew that he wasn't a good x's and o's guy but the decision to punt the ball was the final nail in the coffin. I'm done with this guy he knows absolutely nothing about football except db's. If he continues with this " run the ball stop the run mentality" next year we will find ourselves competing with the Jags for last place in the division.You have to play to your team strengths which should be high octane passing, not the 1985 style of football that he's accustomed too.

He also cost the colts about a minute worth of possession by not using timeouts near the end of the first half.

He has been absolutely horrendous with game management all year.

You all are going to be very disappointed because I guarantee Pagano is going nowhere. Pep and Manusky might be different stories, but I highly doubt it.

Oh I guarantee he goes nowhere.... Irsay will point to the meaningless division title and stuff.... doesn't mean he's ever going to be a good coach.

The entire coaching staff should be fired and Bill Cowher would be a good hire for the colts atg lest he has real exp and balls.

I dont think Cowher ia the right guy for us. Pretty sure hes a 43 guy, and weve commited a lot to the 34. We just need some aggression on playcalling on defense and more consistency on offense. Give Pep another year, and if Wade is around next year, pick him up as a DC, but insist he uses a traditional NT.

The  entire coaching staff should be fired  and Bill Cowher would be a good hire for the colts atg lest he has real exp and balls.

Yep fire the coaching staff that took over a 2-14 team and has gotten them to the playoffs in back-to-back seasons and won the division in the second season battling major injuries the second year.  Not going to happen...

Also Cowher hasn't coached in years I think the game might have passed him by.  Also look at his track record in the playoffs it wasn't very good.  I don't think he was this great coach that everyone thinks he was.  I remember the year he won the Super Bowl Steelers fans were calling for him to be fired after we beat them in the first game ironically enough because they felt he was too conservative and predictable.

Let's be honest about this too.  If Pagano goes for it on the fourth down there backed up in his own end of the field and doesn't get it the whole forum rips him for going for it.  If we cover that punt and get a stop there and get the ball back for the offense and we score people are for it.  It's one of those 20/20 hindsight things fans like to do when what you do didn't work. 

You "fans" amaze me with your knee jerk "fire Pagano" crap. Did you all miss the post about Jimmy Johnson's first two years? 1-15, 7-9..pre salary cap too. Parcells first season? 3-12-1. Even the great Vince Lombardi went 7-5 in his first season and the Packers finished 3rd in the NFL West. Bill Walsh? 2-14, 6-10 in his first two seasons.

My point is this. Give. The. Man. TIME! He has coached 18 games, with a small break for a little thing called CANCER. We were rolling along when the team was healthier, and now we are grinding. But we are still 8-5 and in the playoffs where anything can happen.

So shut up, and stop and think before posting. Because I am getting tired of the moronic responses on here. Was anyone calling for his head after we beat Denver? Didn't think so. I get the frustration. But my god we are in year two of a rebuild and made the playoffs again. Spoiled spoiled spoiled!

You "fans" amaze me with your knee jerk "fire Pagano" crap. Did you all miss the post about Jimmy Johnson's first two years? 1-15, 7-9..pre salary cap too. Parcells first season? 3-12-1. Even the great Vince Lombardi went 7-5 in his first season and the Packers finished 3rd in the NFL West. Bill Walsh? 2-14, 6-10 in his first two seasons.

My point is this. Give. The. Man. TIME! He has coached 18 games, with a small break for a little thing called CANCER. We were rolling along when the team was healthier, and now we are grinding. But we are still 8-5 and in the playoffs where anything can happen.

So shut up, and stop and think before posting. Because I am getting tired of the moronic responses on here. Was anyone calling for his head after we beat Denver? Didn't think so. I get the frustration. But my god we are in year two of a rebuild and made the playoffs again. Spoiled spoiled spoiled!

but we should be 13-0 right now anything less is unacceptable per our fans!  That man must be fired and replaced with a new coach till he loses a game and then he's gotta go too!

Just to be clear I agree with you 100% and the above is sarcasm.  Honestly we might have the most spoiled fanbase in history of football and it shows up a lot here.  It's the point that winning the division is no longer good enough for us. 

I dont think Cowher ia the right guy for us. Pretty sure hes a 43 guy, and weve commited a lot to the 34. We just need some aggression on playcalling on defense and more consistency on offense. Give Pep another year, and if Wade is around next year, pick him up as a DC, but insist he uses a traditional NT.

Cowher always ran a 3-4 in Pittsburgh as far as I know.  And Wade wouldn't be the greatest choice because he coaches a 1-gap 3-4 scheme which requires players with different skill sets from what we have now.  Actually Cowher would be the better choice in that regard because I believe Pitt runs a 2-gap as well.

Cowher always ran a 3-4 in Pittsburgh as far as I know.  And Wade wouldn't be the greatest choice because he coaches a 1-gap 3-4 scheme which requires players with different skill sets from what we have now.  Actually Cowher would be the better choice in that regard because I believe Pitt runs a 2-gap as well.

We run a combination of 1 Gap and 2 Gap from what I have seen

Ryan Grigson was the Eagles GM that put together one of the best offensive lines that year the Eagles went to the playoffs. The only good year Mike Vick ever had in the NFL

Wasn't he the GM then? I know he's been a GM before I'm 99.9% sure he has

im pretty sure he was just the personnel manager and not the gm. But thats what remember reading from when he first got hired.

im pretty sure he was just the personnel manager and not the gm. But thats what remember reading from when he first got hired.

He was the Eagles Director of college scouting from 2006-2009 and then Director of player personnel from 2010 through 2011

losing is one thing. Being clueless week in and week out is unacceptable

losing is one thing. Being clueless week in and week out is unacceptable

And really thats what it comes down to I guess. People think of the future and with Pagano on the sidelines, they don't feel as confident in him going forward. Now is ok. We are a winning team again and we just won the division. Even then, do you feel like this team is a solid team with a good HC? I feel that thats where the majority who are asking for Pagano's head would say no which is fair, too.

Ryan Grigson was the Eagles GM that put together one of the best offensive lines that year the Eagles went to the playoffs. The only good year Mike Vick ever had in the NFL

Wasn't he the GM then? I know he's been a GM before I'm 99.9% sure he has

No, Grigson was never a GM before he came to the Colts.  With the Eagles with was Director of Player Personnel for two years, before that he was Direct of College scouting.

Additionally, the Eagles have never had one the of the best offensive lines.  Grigs last season there, they had to bring in Mudd to try and make something out of the line and he did.

It is meaningless when we are just going to become someone's victim in the playoffs. I want playoff wins.

Oh my goodness, try not to act to spoiled. We where 2-14 2 years ago!! jeez, were on our way back to the playoffs with the AFC south crown on our head once again.. just 2 years removed from being the worst team in the league. I've always believed in the 3 years to make a championship team theory. Last year we had success without much talent and a lot of heart. This year we have had to fight and claw our way back to playoffs. One more off season and we can easily have a legit SB contender. Right on schedule in my books.

Besides if playoff wins where as easy as you seem to want them, they'd be nothing special. So enjoy the ride, it will make the (eventual) SB that much more special.

I like Chuck and think those who are calling for him to be fired are very premature.  I'm very happy to give him another years since this is almost his rookie 2.0 season as a head coach.  I can not defend or understand 2 things:  Why do they continue to run power to start the game, it inevitably leads to a 14 point deficit -- it is CLEAR AS DAY to anyone with a brain that we are at our best when Luck throws the ball.  Secondly, what happened to our defense?  Does Toler make that big of a difference?  Our pass defense looked great at the beginning of the year and now we can't get off of the field on third down!

I like Chuck and think those who are calling for him to be fired are very premature. I'm very happy to give him another years since this is almost his rookie 2.0 season as a head coach. I can not defend or understand 2 things: Why do they continue to run power to start the game, it inevitably leads to a 14 point deficit -- it is CLEAR AS DAY to anyone with a brain that we are at our best when Luck throws the ball. Secondly, what happened to our defense? Does Toler make that big of a difference? Our pass defense looked great at the beginning of the year and now we can't get off of the field on third down!

1) The Colts have actually been very pass heavy on offense to start games the last few weeks. It hasnt made much difference as Luck seems to need to get in to a groove and DHB would drop so many balls.

2) The defensive playcalling has been solved. Man coverage on nearly every down, so just run crossing routes and pick plays and the defense is helpless to stop it.

Yes, but as a backup. They should have signed 2 starting guards along with Cherilous. We'll see if Grigson learned anything from last offseason. O-line has to be addressed again this offseason, hopefully with another guard and starting center. I'm not sold on Holmes being anymore than a backup and hopefully Thomas can come back fully healthy. If it were me making the calls. I would sign starting C, starting G, and 2 lower cost Guards just for depth. McGlynn and Satele would be gone. I would also make a change with the o-line coach. Even though our talent is low on the interior line, it's hard for me to believe that they are as terrible as they have looked. They should still be able to recognize stunts, know who block, and not get overpowered constantly. That is on the coaching and not just the players.

Gee, McGlynn has shown me he doesn`t have the minimum level of physical attributes to play in the NFL. Not that he isn`t better than Grigsons boy Olson. Grade F there on Grigson on those two.

How many teams could lose all the starters we did and manage to still win 8 or 9 games?

Patriots- Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Vareen, Hernandez, Gronk, Amendola, Wilson, Vollmer

Bengals- Atkins, Hall

Seahawks- Harvin Rice entire secondary minus Sherman

Denver- Clady, Koppen, Thomas, Bailey, DRC, Miller, Jammer

SF- Willis, Crabtree, Davis, Smith

Just to name a few teams who have overcome injury. Some worse than ours. Just this year. 

I just hate the injury excuses. Outside of losing the marquee guys, every team in the NFL deals with injuries just as severe, if not more than what we have....The only injury I consider significant for the Colts was Wayne. Allen/Thomas/Ballard, while nice players shouldnt have made or broke our season....

Sure seems to me that he has that deer in the headlights look on the sidelines. I don't think anybody can feel that we go into any game feeling we're going to out coach anybody. Honeymoon is over bud. Fair or not, expectations have changes and YOU were the one that refused to use the word rebuild.

You guys are tough to please.   Two playoff appearances, a division title (even though the team had a plethora of injuries) Executive of the year last year. All this in year 2 of a rebuild. I bet Cleveland and Buffalo fans would trade places right now, no questions asked.

You are out of your mind if you think we're going to the AFC Championship game.

Not really. Outside of Denver the AFC is incredibly weak. Patriots are crippled beyond recognition, Bengals are more hot and cold than Icy Hot, Chiefs are largely a mirage that looks great against bad teams but cant beat anyone who so much as sniffs being better than mediocre. The 6th seed Wildcard team very well may be 7-9 honestly. Its an incredibly weak confrence, the Colts have as good a shot as anyone.

Not really. Outside of Denver the AFC is incredibly weak. Patriots are crippled beyond recognition, Bengals are more hot and cold than Icy Hot, Chiefs are largely a mirage that looks great against bad teams but cant beat anyone who so much as sniffs being better than mediocre. The 6th seed Wildcard team very well may be 7-9 honestly. Its an incredibly weak confrence, the Colts have as good a shot as anyone.

No not really??