Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach Chuck deer in the headlights

jblastick

Sure seems to me that he has that deer in the headlights look on the sidelines. I don't think anybody can feel that we go into any game feeling we're going to out coach anybody. Honeymoon is over bud. Fair or not, expectations have changes and YOU were the one that refused to use the word rebuild.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grigson(no GM experience), Pagano(no HC experience), Pep(no NFL coordinator experience). It was a mistake to hire this many guys who are so green at what they do.

Ryan Grigson was the Eagles GM that put together one of the best offensive lines that year the Eagles went to the playoffs. The only good year Mike Vick ever had in the NFL

Wasn't he the GM then? I know he's been a GM before I'm 99.9% sure he has

You all are going to be very disappointed because I guarantee Pagano is going nowhere. Pep and Manusky might be different stories, but I highly doubt it.

I know. That's what sucks. In order to get rid of Jim Caldwell the second, we will have to have a bad record and miss the playoffs. Andrew Luck is so good that's not likely to happen. Don't think anybody fears us in the playoffs though.

I was under the impression Manusky is the DC. I don't know why Pagano wouldn't do it, considering that's kind of why was an HC candidate anyway. I hope he'll take over on that end, if only to allow himself to more control his own fate. I don't think he'll be fired, but he's got to do what he can - his reputation is on the line.

Ryan Grigson was the Eagles GM that put together one of the best offensive lines that year the Eagles went to the playoffs. The only good year Mike Vick ever had in the NFL

Grigs was never a GM.

He was the Director of player personnel. He's never been a GM.

Grigson(no GM experience), Pagano(no HC experience), Pep(no NFL coordinator experience). It was a mistake to hire this many guys who are so green at what they do.

So lets give them some time. How can you build anything solid overnight? I am frustrated with the coaching staff as well though. Pagano needs to get out of his conservative ways because thats exactly what we don't want to become. We were conservative for the good part of the past decade and Irsay wanted to change that so why are we still doing this?

If I hear "stick to the process" one more time I'm going to puke. The process isn't working bud. You have personnel that CAN'T block what the number one objective of your offensive coordinator is (power running). This is why we're falling behind early and becoming one dimensional for most of the game.

I know. That's what sucks. In order to get rid of Jim Caldwell the second, we will have to have a bad record and miss the playoffs. Andrew Luck is so good that's not likely to happen. Don't think anybody fears us in the playoffs though.

I don't mind Pagano. I actually kind of like him, but I do not like Pep or Manusky and I would really like to get an O-line coach that knew how to coach up mediocre talent. Pagano is having his growing pains but I still think he can be a good coach. 

For the record, power running to protect your QB isn't a bad idea unless you don't have the personnel to execute it (see interior of Colts offensive line)

How bout we wait till we get a better interior O-line then before we try to run Pagano out of town. Rebuilding an entire roster doesn't happen in basically 1 offseason(1st offseason didn't count because we had no money to work with). I'm disappointed in the performance of the team too, but when ya don't have the talent, then it's hard to do what you're wanting to do.

BTW: I'm of the opinion that if not for all the injuries, we'd be playing much better now.

I absolutely love Chuck Pagano as a man and a person, I think he is inspirational, and am really glad that he is okay from last years cancer. As a coach, he is just a headache. Pep Hamilton is a rookie OC with a really bad interior line, (they did decent today I do give them that) but yes overall the interior line is pretty bad, Injuries to Reggie Wane, D.allen, D.Thomas, V.Ballard, A.Bradshaw, and so forth. He has someexcuses, I am not defending him 100%, but I do give him some credit. Greg manusky our DC is pretty bad. Realistically, I can only see them firing manusky. I wish and hope for the best for this team. Go COLTS!

If you don't think you have the talent to block it than why do you trade your 1st round pick for Trent Richardson? Grigs and Pagano must have felt they were good enough or they wouldn't have made that trade.

I've said that trade was a mistake from the minute it happened. Grigson panicked at our RB depth, plain and simple. I certainly do not blame Pagano for that. You stick with the system though because thats the system they know and the system their trying to teach the players. I agree that some adjustments should be made, but thats more on Pep IMO and it really wouldn't hurt my feelings if we moved on from him next yr.. It would suck that Luck would have 3 OC's in 3 yrs., but if it's for the betterment of the future... then I don't care.

Honestly I like Trent but I'm alarmed at the fact that our personnel evaluators believe we have the players to make the power running game work. Good coaches adjust to what the personnel can do well. Not continuously "stick to the process" and force a square peg down a round hole.