Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Adongo get any snaps on D?

trustourgm

He's got talent or he wouldn't be there. Last time I checked we are way short on that commodity right now. My fear is talent or no, he's not mentally ready. I'd put him in on situational downs and special teams. Definitely on special teams to get him into the feel and speed of the game first.

As long as he plays ST all he needs to do is block or tackle. If you put him out there on defense then I think he would just be a liabilty.

If you design plays for him specifically to rush, what could it hurt? I'm the full glass type of guy, but I definitely want to see him blow someone up.

WOW I read somewhere that he was up to 257. Well this is what Adongo said himself when he was interviewed.

Stephen Holder @HolderStephen 6m

Daniel Adongo says he's up to about 270 pounds. Has put on more than 30 pounds since he signed. Mathis says hasn't lost speed or athleticism

Also found this that Redding said.

1. Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts 2m
  2. Redding: “Whoever is across from (Adongo) is going to be in trouble...” Redding loves the “technician” that he sees in Adongo’s preparation.

1. Cory Redding on Daniel Adongo: “The guy couldn’t even put pants on 6 months ago, knew nothing about football and look at where he’s at now.”

I love the story.  And if all he is used for is a rush linebacker, at least it limits what he has to learn.  We sorely need some rush outside of Mathis.  Werner shows flashes and I am sure he will get better.  But I think right now for us to have any dent in the playoffs, we need better blocking, hopefully WRs to step up, and better pass rush.

Adongo has similar physical abilities to Ezekial Ansah, he could turn into a good player if he learns under Mathis.

How do you know he has similar physical abilities to Ansah? I mean I hope Adongo is a beast for us but were not talking about a player that went in the top 10 of the draft like Ansah did based mostly on his physical abilities...Although he did show a bit more but still was a pick based more on physical ability then molded talent

How do you know he has similar physical abilities to Ansah? I mean I hope Adongo is a beast for us but were not talking about a player that went in the top 10 of the draft like Ansah did based mostly on his physical abilities...Although he did show a bit more but still was a pick based more on physical ability then molded talent

Mathis has been raving about him and most of the players, coaches is one thing but when a great player like Mathis says he could be a special player that means a lot.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if he could run a sub 4.6 40 and bench 30+ reps, he's a physical speciman.  Ngata also played rugby and it worked out for him even though he played college football, the talent was there before just needed to understand the game more same with Adongo.

He will be a bad match-up for anyone.  It just amazes me that we have no edge protection or rushing attack outside of Mathis and we don't give this guy a couple of plays, just two or three on D?  What do we have to lose? We are going to get pounded by the Bengals anyway, why not just put him in there?   He will absolutely be a terror and a monster to opposing O-linemen, Tight-Ends, running backs or anyone else that tries to stop him from getting to the QB (IMO). These coaches don't make any sense sometimes.Especially Pagano.   Arghhhh!!!!

He had over 11 feet on broad jump which would have put him in top 10 of the combine. He is absolutely beloved by colts teammates according to that report someone posted. Players are tooting his horn, which makes you think he will play one day as opposed to being let go the cause of his lack of experience. We know the Colts want him because Grigson was quoted as,saying he wants to be like Bill Walsh who found track and field athletes and turned them into long time players.

The only way I see him getting any PT on defense is on a 3rd or 4th down playing prevent defense when we are rushing 3 guys.  End of the half type Hail Mary scenario.  This will be his first time ever in a football game which blows my mind. Hope he just plays special teams to get a feel for running around the field with 11 guys trying to lay him out.  None of us can have any expectation of him whatsoever cause their is nothing to go by but that he is a great athlete and his teammates can't wait to see how he plays.

I hope he contributes to special teams play. Would love to see him get a few snaps and sack Dalton in the jungle. Man I hate that stadium. That fanbase is annoying as all get out. Most of my neighbors are Bengals fans. All I have heard this week is blah, blah, blah. Please football gods, let us just win this one game. PLEASE!!!