Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Adongo get any snaps on D?

trustourgm

He will be a bad match-up for anyone.  It just amazes me that we have no edge protection or rushing attack outside of Mathis and we don't give this guy a couple of plays, just two or three on D?  What do we have to lose? We are going to get pounded by the Bengals anyway, why not just put him in there?   He will absolutely be a terror and a monster to opposing O-linemen, Tight-Ends, running backs or anyone else that tries to stop him from getting to the QB (IMO). These coaches don't make any sense sometimes.Especially Pagano.   Arghhhh!!!!

Mathis is the worst at "Edge Protection" chris.  The defense showed just how horrific it could be when Walden was out.  I hope some of the Walden haters noticed that....The first thing I noticed in the Titan game was Walden setting the edge and Johnson having to stay inside the tackles.

i believe this guy will stay on ST this year for a couple of reason

1. we dont know what he will bring on the field

2. if we want him to be a pass rusher have him do it during trainging camp and OTA's that way coaches and are veterans can work with him more before the season when the games count.

3. he says hes still learning, which means he needs more time to learn his role if he were put onto the defense and woud probably make a lot of bad mistakes.

i like the idea and i wish the best for him but him being on ST will build up his confidence and well see what happens next year with this guy.  GO COLTS!!!

Mathis is the worst at "Edge Protection" chris.  The defense showed just how horrific it could be when Walden was out.  I hope some of the Walden haters noticed that....The first thing I noticed in the Titan game was Walden setting the edge and Johnson having to stay inside the tackles.

Yea, Mathis is bad at edge protection so that emphasizes the point even more but I agree Walden shouldn't be criticized , he did a very good job, then when he was injured........ugh, it was bad.  Lord Help our Colts.

Mathis, Freeman, and Redding all spoke pretty highly of what they think Adongo is capable of.  I honestly did not think the kid would play this year and I was skeptical of the move, but hey since it's here I'm intrigued to see what happens.

"Pagano said Adongo will play only on special teams, which actually caters to his skill set – run around and hit people."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rugby-nfl-daniel-adongo-debut-colts-sunday-194821813--nfl.html

I love what Coach Pagano said about Adongo in that article..

Pagano said Adongo will play only on special teams, which actually caters to his skill set – run around and hit people.

I watched that video..dude is a beast, and now he added 30 pounds..I can see why Redding has all the praise for this guy.

Mathis, Freeman, and Redding all spoke pretty highly of what they think Adongo is capable of.  I honestly did not think the kid would play this year and I was skeptical of the move, but hey since it's here I'm intrigued to see what happens.

That says it for me...I don't understand this experiment but its harmless