Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't worry/everyone chill [Merge]

BlueCollarColts

If i'm wrong on this, I will admit it, but I am confident we will turn this around. First off our defense isn't this bad, and they will get back to their normal selves, and getting Toler back should help, also, we need a running game with T-Rich and Brown. It doesn't need to be consistently be 150-200 yards from them, just enough to keep the defense honest giving us more room to work in the passing game. Lastly we need a #3 target for Luck to emerge. Whether its Brazill, Heyward-Bey, or Rogers, someone needs to step up. Again if i'm wrong, i'll come back and admit it, but we will turn this around

Fixing this starts with defense. Our front 3 on defense do not force double teams very often. Franklin seems only slightly better than Johnson was last year. Chapman seems too big at 340lbs to move. Age seems to be wearing down Redding. Francois was supposed to be unblockable last year at SF but he has been single blocked a lot this year. Hughes being scratched on game day has probably stunted his development. The front was supposed to occupy double teams and stop the run and they have been wildly inconsistent. Angerer is not a LB who is good in coverage or a power hitter to strike fear in opposing offenses. Freeman was used to blitz early in the season but is now needed to play pass defense. The blitz schemes Pagano was supposed to bring from the Ravens seem to have been discarded for Manusky's vanilla defensive schemes. Bethea and Landry both play FS and SS which seems to me to cause more confusion for them than opposing offenses. From this mess what changes will the coaching staff make to right the ship?

Some if us need to take a chill pill because:

Everything Will Be Okay

I wouldn't mind seeing a few take a chill pill myself so I'm not disagreeing or trying to poke fun.

But, your post reminded me of this guy and I think we may need to add some therapy buddies to those chill pills:

this week i realized i've been too dependent on the outcome of colts games..

if we won, i was feeling great and couldn't wait for next weekend, for another chance for that great feeling after seeing your team win.. if we lost, i felt like crap for few days, then i couldn't wait for next weekend to see the colts again..

the season is moving way too fast for me, and i decided just to lay back, enjoy the ride.. it's only a game, after all, and me worrying and overreacting about it doesn't affect the outcome..

i feel more peaceful and relaxed now :)

if we won, i was feeling great and couldn't wait for next weekend, for another chance for that great feeling after seeing your team win.. if we lost, i felt like crap for few days, then i couldn't wait for next weekend to see the colts again..

the season is moving way too fast for me, and i decided just to lay back, enjoy the ride.. it's only a game, after all, and me worrying and overreacting about it doesn't affect the outcome..

Probably the proper way for a fan to look at this, however, it looks as though the Colts have taken the same attitude.

I predict colts go 10-6 and lose yet again n playoffs..... 1 and done, if they can't fix their slow starts and the D can't get off the field on 3rd downs this team will be a laughing stock and be blown out in the playoffs all the tough games they've won this year will be an after thought.... factual evidence. Lets makes some changes Colts.... BENEFICIAL ONES!!!

If i'm wrong on this, I will admit it, but I am confident we will turn this around. First off our defense isn't this bad, and they will get back to their normal selves, and getting Toler back should help, also, we need a running game with T-Rich and Brown. It doesn't need to be consistently be 150-200 yards from them, just enough to keep the defense honest giving us more room to work in the passing game. Lastly we need a #3 target for Luck to emerge. Whether its Brazill, Heyward-Bey, or Rogers, someone needs to step up. Again if i'm wrong, i'll come back and admit it, but we will turn this around

The title of your post implies something is broken but the context of your post is essentially we'll be okay if we stay the course and just keep doing what we've been doing, and playing whom we've been playing but just play better. Am I missing something that you are trying to say?

Fixing this starts with defense. Our front 3 on defense do not force double teams very often. Franklin seems only slightly better than Johnson was last year. Chapman seems too big at 340lbs to move. Age seems to be wearing down Redding. Francois was supposed to be unblockable last year at SF but he has been single blocked a lot this year. Hughes being scratched on game day has probably stunted his development. The front was supposed to occupy double teams and stop the run and they have been wildly inconsistent. Angerer is not a LB who is good in coverage or a power hitter to strike fear in opposing offenses. Freeman was used to blitz early in the season but is now needed to play pass defense. The blitz schemes Pagano was supposed to bring from the Ravens seem to have been discarded for Manusky's vanilla defensive schemes. Bethea and Landry both play FS and SS which seems to me to cause more confusion for them than opposing offenses. From this mess what changes will the coaching staff make to right the ship?

100% agree about Angerer. At least with Conner when he runs supports he hits and can make a play for a loss and Angerer gives you nothing..... No big plays and can't cover a lick.

The defense needs work more than the offense does.  They spot the other team two touchdowns or more just about every game and wait until the second half to show up.  The offense ends up playing from behind and makes things easier on the opposing defenses.

On offense Fleener and Donald Brown have looked great, Brazill looks ready to step up and become a star and  T.Y. is obviously already there.

Trent Richardson is not getting any better.  Boom Herron had some good garbage time runs time to give him some chances.  Put all three running backs in a rotation and see what happens. 

DHB should be done.  He's cost us first downs and td's more time than I can count.  Dropped game changers in the Chargers game amongst MANY others.  Time to promote ANYONE as long as they can catch the ball.

On the defensive side Vontae Davis needs to find himself and fast. 

Nuff said.

Is this the same medication Chuck was on when he said he was not worried because the effort by the players was there no question "If the effort was not there then I would be worried" ? Also I would like to know the side effects of this medication does it also relieve worry symptoms if your players miss open field tackles, how about suspect play calling, or mounting injuries? Granted, Chuck did not say I am not worried period, but he did imply that if he was worried about say missed tackles that was no problem because he would just go back and make those corrections and " clean that up". Finally if I was happy with the medication my Dr. Had me on at the beginning of the season when the Colts were beating Sf, Seattle and Denver can I keep that same Dr. And medication or must I switch to this new chill pill to continue watching the Colts and maintain my current health? Period.

if we won, i was feeling great and couldn't wait for next weekend, for another chance for that great feeling after seeing your team win.. if we lost, i felt like crap for few days, then i couldn't wait for next weekend to see the colts again..

the season is moving way too fast for me, and i decided just to lay back, enjoy the ride.. it's only a game, after all, and me worrying and overreacting about it doesn't affect the outcome..

I completely understand and I too have been where you are several times over the years.

It gets crazy when we start correlating the outcome of the games with how our lives will be that week, as if there is a realistic connection. We can actually create a false atmosphere around us, and proof is in the premise of superstitions. NFL commercials actually promote this ideal of fandom. Make no mistake about it; being a die-hard Colts fan is an addiction. It took us winning the Super Bowl for me to have the ability to lay back and enjoy the ride.

Bottom line is that we are making an emotional investment and that is okay; so long as we leave enough room that we can take a few steps back and have a realistic objective viewpoint.

Sorry to ramble, but the sincere honestly in you post steered me to give a sincerely honest response.

We can't blame the losses so far on injuries. Look at the patriots they have a ton of injuries on defense and offense yet they still gameplan to where they can keep the game close. I think it's our coaches that can't adjust during the game. Love pagano but he needs to make changes with the OC and DC next year. We are a SB conteders this year and at least until Luck gets the huge pay day and he will! Then we won't have money to pay other free agents and then we get back to the manning era.

We can't blame the losses so far on injuries. Look at the patriots they have a ton of injuries on defense and offense yet they still gameplan to where they can keep the game close. I think it's our coaches that can't adjust during the game. Love pagano but he needs to make changes with the OC and DC next year. We are a SB conteders this year and at least until Luck gets the huge pay day and he will! Then we won't have money to pay other free agents and then we get back to the manning era.

Look at this list and tell me who from their offense is equal to Wayne or even to Allen? On defense they have lost a couple key players.  Offense they lost Vollmer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NFL_team_rosters