Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep says Richardson will start and carry the load

antipatriot

Is our OC trying to prove a point?  We always talk about being a power running team and blah blah blah, lets be honest we are not a power running team and I am not sure why Pep wouldn't give DB the start based on play.  I understand it really doesn't matter who starts the carries will be distributed based on the game but hey give DB his due he has earned a start. 

I am worried about the mentality that keeps coming out with regards to what we are, I know we are a good team and have won some tough games but the whole mentality that we will be a running team no matter what is disturbing. 

Anyway today I am just ranting.  Comments are always welcome.

GO COLTS

When did you read this? As of now, its well known the offense has decided to use whoever has the hot hand at RB, regardless of who starts.

Also Richardson is questionable for the AZ game with a calf injury he got in practice, although Pagano says he still expects him to play.

Is our OC trying to prove a point?  We always talk about being a power running team and blah blah blah, lets be honest we are not a power running team and I am not sure why Pep wouldn't give DB the start based on play.  I understand it really doesn't matter who starts the carries will be distributed based on the game but hey give DB his due he has earned a start. 

I am worried about the mentality that keeps coming out with regards to what we are, I know we are a good team and have won some tough games but the whole mentality that we will be a running team no matter what is disturbing. 

GO COLTS

You need to GET OVER the Label of Power Running Team and get it in your head that PEP is 100% determined to give the WHOLE Team the Long Term Advantage of Building a RUNNING GAME.

It is that SIMPLE!

The idea that he is to delay developing the long term plan so as to satisfy * Fans, what a joke.

Fans with Zero ability to appreciate the record, the quality wins, with a mesh of New & so many young players.

Week to week, Pep is learning his opposition, the capabilities of the players he has been given, installing his Offense and  Trying to come up with stuff his guys can execute, of which ANYONE with an IOTA of sense can see, has been a HUGE CHALLENGE with Thornton, Satele, and McGlynn. 

10 games in, under these circumstances, Pep has earned a HUGE pat on the back and deserves some serious atta boys.

Is there a link to back that statement up with?

And if it is true; I'm sure he'll change his mind if we fall behind early like we have these past few weeks. The slow starts seriously have to stop.

We need to pass to set-up the run not the other way around. But we don't do that which is why we get to a slow starts on offense. We have the top 5 best QB in the league use him to start. 

You need to GET OVER the Label of Power Running Team and get it in your head that PEP is 100% determined to give the WHOLE Team the Long Term Advantage of Building a RUNNING GAME.

It is that SIMPLE!

The idea that he is to delay developing the long term plan so as to satisfy * Fans, what a joke.

Fans with Zero ability to appreciate the record, the quality wins, with a mesh of New & so many young players.

Week to week, Pep is learning his opposition, the capabilities of the players he has been given, installing his Offense and  Trying to come up with stuff his guys can execute, of which ANYONE with an IOTA of sense can see, has been a HUGE CHALLENGE with Thornton, Satele, and McGlynn. 

10 games in, under these circumstances, Pep has earned a HUGE pat on the back and deserves some serious atta boys.

Calm yourself, we're all loving our record. Just trying to perfect our game-plan so we don't fall into early deficits. That's all. I'd just like to add that I have no problem with running as long as it's stretch plays or outside runs :)

Could they be wanting to give TR more opportunities and reserve DB for the playoffs. Would think this could lead to a similar situation as 06 if DB is still out performing TR come playoffs he will still start game one in playoffs same as Joe Addia that's my thought . But hopefully TR fires it up and becomes more productive

Is there a link to back that statement up with?

And if it is true; I'm sure he'll change his mind if we fall behind early like we have these past few weeks. The slow starts seriously have to stop.

Here it is. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000286054/article/trent-richardson-still-indianapolis-colts-lead-back

Same old ground a pound with T-Rich.

a lot of people are being a little to hard on TRich. from what i have seen he is not being used right. with our OLine Richardson is to big to run through those little holes that the OLine gives him. Brown is smaller then richardson and has a little more burst then richardson. Maybe if Pep would use stretch plays or counter gaps for Richardson things might change. 

GO COLTS Brown will get his share of carries I never liked Richardson when he was on the Browns and when he made that comment he thinks he is playing well that should explain why the Browns traded him.

Nope. Not reading it. Not in English.

i got a serious LOL outta this... but I must say that I think that English is one of the least aesthetically pleasing and most *ically redundant languages in the world... compared to a sweet and subtle language like French or Spanish it pales... its kind of like inches and feet vs. centimeters and meters to me... For a good example of what im talking about, read Pablo Naruda's poems aloud in Spanish and then English and see which sounds better... then do the same with Keats in French... English sounds like a bunch of coughing and drowning cats in comparison... JMO... I just finished a list of the worst sounding languages (all my opinion, of course) and Greek was the worst, then the Norwegian languages (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish), followed by English, then German...

a lot of people are being a little to hard on TRich. from what i have seen he is not being used right. with our OLine Richardson is to big to run through those little holes that the OLine gives him. Brown is smaller then richardson and has a little more burst then richardson. Maybe if Pep would use stretch plays or counter gaps for Richardson things might change.

According to TMZ Trent needs a big hole

It is that SIMPLE!

Long-term plans are great. You know what's even better? Winning in the present with the team you actually have.

Good short-term planning is what's required to be successful from one game to the next, from one play to the next. Long-term plans won't get you out of 3rd-and-long time after time. Long-term plans won't stop all the early deficits and 3-and-outs.

I would argue that the winning record has come despite Pep Hamilton's play-calling. Only when they deviate from the typical Pep Hamilton style, and let Luck go to work, does the offense finally come to life. This isn't speculation. We've seen it over...and over...and over.

i got a serious LOL outta this... but I must say that I think that English is one of the least aesthetically pleasing and most *ically redundant languages in the world... compared to a sweet and subtle language like French or Spanish it pales... its kind of like inches and feet vs. centimeters and meters to me... For a good example of what im talking about, read Pablo Naruda's poems aloud in Spanish and then English and see which sounds better... then do the same with Keats in French... English sounds like a bunch of coughing and drowning cats in comparison... JMO... I just finished a list of the worst sounding languages (all my opinion, of course) and Greek was the worst, then the Norwegian languages (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish), followed by English, then German...

there shouldn't even be other languages than english

LOL! That's it that's our problem the calls from the OC/DC are getting lost in the translation.

I think that T Rich will continue to develop under this system. To be honest, I feel like he had a great game against Tennessee with all of the receptions he had. Yes, Brown had the better rushing day, but Richardson had a Danny Woodhead-esque outing in the passing game.

I think that T Rich will continue to develop under this system. To be honest, I feel like he had a great game against Tennessee with all of the receptions he had. Yes, Brown had the better rushing day, but Richardson had a Danny Woodhead-esque outing in the passing game.

he is a piece of the short pass west coast offense that we are building

he is a big guy. hes a power back. you can tell when he does run to the outside he will pick up 4 or 5 yards, but when he runs up the middle (which is most of his runs) he gets stuffed at the line. just dont see why pep has not caught that yet..

------The Joke

----Your head.