Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach Changes in Offseason?

GoColtsGo5150

Should we look to change some coaches in the offseason?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should we look to change some coaches in the offseason?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I don't know

Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you are all well. I would like to pose a question to you all.

Of course there will be some changes in positions during the offseason ( Via Free Agency, the  draft or trades etc) but do you think there will be some changes in certain coaching positions.

If yes, let me know who and who their potential/ who you want to replace them with etc.

If we end up 10-6 or better ...heck no.  With Ballard, Bradshaw, Allen, Wayne and Thomas gone for the year and the nagging injuries on offense...NO.

The defense is not broken, but has been hindered by injuries to Landry, Toler, RJF, Angerer, Conner...vastly hindered the development of Werner.

Special teams has been fantastic other than a couple 2 games...

NO!

Colts_Grey_Arcs_by_monkeybiziu.jpg

hmm no! In case you haven't notice, we are in a good spot to sweep the division. We are having a winning season and will go into the playoffs. I know some of you will probably want to change our offensive coordinator. Even though I do questions some of his playcalling, he is doing a pretty darn good job. I'm pretty sure Pep is going to study hard this offseason to come up with all new plays for Luck.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We may lose some people that get better job offers, but no no no, we should not fire a single person.  Continuity is important for a young team.  Plus with all the injuries we've dealt with, I think being 7-3 is absolutely fantastic.  If we had the best roster in the NFL and zero injuries and we were playing like this, yeah maybe show some people the door.  But to be were we are now with everything that has happened is a testament to our coaches, not an indictment.

THE COACHES JUST GOT HERE & Y'ALL ARE TIRED OF THEM ALREADY?!!!!!!

:wall::groan:

Its not just here TK. Fans all over the place hang the slow starts on Pagano and Hamilton and a few are already head hunting. There is 0 margin for error right now for the Colts within their own fanbase.

Absolutely had the O-Line Coaching staff Available right up to our last game.

Sure, it was lots of talent issues.

But the schemes looked off and little to No signs of progress. IMO

TN does not a season make, but I witnessed some serious adjustments and blocking execution in the likes that we just haven`t had in the Pagano era.

I am watching the 2nd half for the 3rd time, in slo-mo, and am Totally excited about what I am witnessing.

The 3 game grade post Reggie is, I am pleased with the progress. The blocking & short passing game are improving  :thmup: .

Excited about where we might be after another 3 games.
 Then how high can these seriously doubted Lineman and our TE`s, FB, & RB`s get this running game and pass blocking up to?

I Never believed it Possible with S & McG, but if they can play a little better than the TN game as a unit, anything is ...

I don't mean it in the sense every single coach like Chuck and Pep etc should be fired, I mean in the sense like position coaches like even we saw last year, after 1 year, we chose to part ways with the special teams coach. I maybe stupid but I'm not that stupid to want to get rid of our DC OC and HC in the same year and stuff. 

This is the most embarrassing post by a Colts fan every. This forum is getting out of hand with these stupid posts. I would think Pagano deserves more praise from Colts fans than this crap we have to read. Coming off 2-14 season, only to win 11 games, make the playoffs and battle cancer through it. Now in 2014, have 7 wins, going to win the division, while the Colts over come major injuries and again in the playoffs.

This is crap, period. I'm done.

Oh look, this thread. Ive been wondering when it would start to crop up.

Who rattled your cage? It's a legit question. And you are allowed to answer, 'no, I'm happy with they way things are going'...

If we continue to get outscored so dramatically in the first quarter, something may need to change.....it can't all be about poor execution.

This is the most embarrassing post by a Colts fan every. This forum is getting out of hand with these stupid posts. I would think Pagano deserves more praise from Colts fans than this crap we have to read. Coming off 2-14 season, only to win 11 games, make the playoffs and battle cancer through it. Now in 2014, have 7 wins, going to win the division, while the Colts over come major injuries and again in the playoffs.

This is crap, period. I'm done.

Why? Has he said we should fire anyone? He just asked a question.

No, i wouldnt change anything when it comes to the coaching staff, Pep as been doing i decent job, been making some good plays the last two games so i think his play calling has been doing better as a whole, Mandusky(misspelled i know) has been doing alright, though his playcalling i think was a bit off last game but with the players on d hes been missing mismatches are going to happen.  well see how well hge does if he gets Toler and some of the other guys back and i bet we will see a big difference in are Defense.  and on the offense side of the ball mainly is try to get are O-line to get the push like they were doing in the 2nd half against the titans but do it throughout the game not when were trying to only play catch up.

They should look into improving the OL coaching.

i could agree with you, but with Satele always just getting pushed around and sometimes knocked down an OL coach cant fix things like that rally he can teach him a technique to try to prevent it a really but i just dont think Satele is a good player fix that problem and it still exsist than look somewhere else but til than i think some other things have got to change

With the injuries the Colts have indured I think the coaching staff has done a very good job. Without good coaching the next man up concept would not work. The Colts have a 3 game lead in their division even with some pretty serious injuries. The coaches are not the ones to point the fingers at with the slow starts, thats all on the players. Most teams would not be doing near as well as the Colts with as many injuries to the starters.

I want Pagano to start calling the defensive plays, Manusky defense is too Vanilla. The Titans ran crossing route after crossing route but he continue to keep Angerer on the field instead of going dime and putting a 4th CB out there.

If you're going to criticize him for this, then you better give him credit for his plan to stop Manning.  Held him to like 140 yards through 3 quarters, and he didn't even start tearing us apart until after 3 DBs went down.  So you could ask anyone on here whether they'd rather stop Peyton Manning or Ryan Fitzpatrick, the answer will be the same. 

Its not just here TK. Fans all over the place hang the slow starts on Pagano and Hamilton and a few are already head hunting. There is 0 margin for error right now for the Colts within their own fanbase.

Does this surprise you?  The Colts have started a new tradition.  Let's get two TD's behind in the 1st Q and then see if we can win the game. 

Nope. We're fans, we get frustrated every game. But this team was 2-14 a couple seasons ago and now we're super bowl contenders who will have another draft after this season and cap space to use in areas where the team is weak. The coaches will stay for sure. Plus I'd like to see Andrew in the same offense for a while.