Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent the next Marshawn Lynch?

Maniq

http://www.indystar.com/article/20131108/SPORTS03/311080060/Heard-Indianapolis-Colts-locker-room-RB-Trent-Richardson-ready-he-next-Marshawn-Lynch?odyssey=mod%7Cskybox%7Ctext%7CIndianapolis+Sports

In 2010, Seattle acquired Marshawn Lynch, the seventh overall pick in 2007, from the Buffalo Bills. His first six games with the Seahawks totaled 81 carries for 253 yards at a clip of 3.1.

Trent Richardson's six-game totals with Colts come to 83 carries for 248 yards at a 3.0 average.

Thoughts?

Nailed it! We are Horrible from Guard to Guard.

No idea if Thornton will pan out ( become GOOD rather than OK), or if we get a VG Center any time soon. Thomas wasn`t a $5+M dollar man that we should expect to be All-Star caliber.

Lots of ifs with our hopes for next years improved line, but TRich has very Marshon Lynch attributes. IMO

Hmm interesting. If we can get a line like the Seahawks.

I think that's the key.  The Seahawks have a better OL than we do.  Someone brought a point up in another Trent thread where they said it takes power runners more time to adjust to the NFL than speed runners.  It could be true.  In college, they are bigger, stronger, and faster than a lot of the defenders.  But when they get to the NFL, that difference disappears.  So they can no longer simply muscle their way through defenders, they need to learn how to take a hit better, how to maintain balance better, etc.  Perhaps that is what is happening to Trent and also happened to Lynch?  As far as I remember, Lynch was not an outstanding player on the Bills.  Thoughts on that?

I literally thought this when we first got him, the stat line in their 1st game are uncanny with both against good defences ( Lynch with the Bears, Richardson with the 49ers). I feel optimistic about our trade,we just need to stuck it out, remember Lynch only became really well knoen after that run vs the Saints

Without any holes, Adrian Peterson wouldn't gain yards behind our line.  

If you go back to the 1995 Colts, they were a really good run blocking team. So whether it was Faulk, Warren, Crockett, or Potts running the ball, they all did well.  And Faulk is the only one of that group that most people would recognized.  If you threw Donald Brown and Trent Richardson behind that line, they would excel too.  All about the blocking.  We have two good active RBs right now.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20131108/SPORTS03/311080060/Heard-Indianapolis-Colts-locker-room-RB-Trent-Richardson-ready-he-next-Marshawn-Lynch?odyssey=mod|skybox|text|Indianapolis+Sports

In 2010, Seattle acquired Marshawn Lynch, the seventh overall pick in 2007, from the Buffalo Bills. His first six games with the Seahawks totaled 81 carries for 253 yards at a clip of 3.1.

Trent Richardson's six-game totals with Colts come to 83 carries for 248 yards at a 3.0 average.

Just wait til we get a line

Thoughts?

Thoughts?: The same could be said about any dissapointing back. I.E. Any rb that starts out underwhelming could just break out like this. Marshawyn is the exception, not the rule. Just because they have a similar running style doesn't mean Trent will follow the Lynch career path. 

sure doesn't mean he won't

trich is a young player.  he has a lot of games ahead of him.  the book is not written on his career yet.  no matter how much you want to be right about him. 

sure doesn't mean he won't

trich is a young player.  he has a lot of games ahead of him.  the book is not written on his career yet.  no matter how much you want to be right about him. 

He/she asked to post our thoughts on what he said. I don't need to hear your constant whining about me and our o-line dude. No one said the book was written on his career, and I especially never said I want to be right about him. I've said multiple times that I'd love to eat crow on this one, and be completely wrong for the better of the team and T Rich. 

Edited by 21isSuperman

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 9, 2013 - off topic/inappropriate
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 9, 2013 - off topic/inappropriate

He/she asked to post our thoughts on what he said. I don't need to hear your constant whining about me and our o-line dude. No one said the book was written on his career, and I especially never said I want to be right about him. I've said multiple times that I'd love to eat crow on this one, and be completely wrong for the better of the team and T Rich.

calm down big guy

I never whine about your bad posts. Just try to correct the flaws

Some of you wouldn't have to eat crow if you just learned how to go with the flow of things and stop trying to find something to pick at

but then people would be happy and enjoying the Colts and acting like they are 6-2 with wins over the three pre-season Super Bowl favorites when we are really aw crap I guess I have to enjoy the season!

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 9, 2013 - inappropriate
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 9, 2013 - inappropriate

cold weather is going to block for us? I don't get it

Catchy rhyme, wordsmith.  Has a nice ring to it.  Worthy of expanding...

When it comes to TRich, we should lay off until he pays off in the playoffs that are way off.

We have a running game?

all of you are ditwits. and if I wasnt filtered id call you something worse. today is not a good day so dont push me

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 9, 2013 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 9, 2013 - response to hidden post

all of you are ditwits. and if I wasnt filtered id call you something worse. today is not a good day so dont push me

*Pushes you while sipping apple juice*

http://www.indystar.com/article/20131108/SPORTS03/311080060/Heard-Indianapolis-Colts-locker-room-RB-Trent-Richardson-ready-he-next-Marshawn-Lynch?odyssey=mod%7Cskybox%7Ctext%7CIndianapolis+Sports

Thoughts?

this article was posted in another thread and this was my response.

my problem was giving up a 1st round pick, seattle gave up a 4th round pick for lynch. lynch was a career 4 ypc rb and 4.4 ypc that year (much better) and they only gave up a 4th round pick! if the colts gave up a 4th for tr, i don't believe there would be a lot of complaining here. lynch had some good games in those 6 you talk about, but one terrible one (9 carries 7 yards) that kills the ypc in a small sample size. all richardson's games with the colts have been very consistent. also, seattle was a 7-9 team that year, the colts are a much better team. when seattle got a lot better, he got better.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 9, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 9, 2013 - off topic

You're always whining about my posts, in most threads. There is no flaw in what I said, your logic is flawed most of the time in relation to T Rich.

1). I never whine

2). My logic is based on facts. You take 1 stat and form an opinion. You don't look at the how or why. You just judge on a stat