Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Disrespect During Denver Broadcast

presto123

The announcer with Troy Aikman on the Denver broadcast(Brennaman?) really had me PO'd. When discussing AFC power teams(even mentioning NE and Cincy) not one mention of the Colts. Then he even went on to say nobody from the AFC South or North can distance themselves from the Chargers, all the while praising teams like the Broncos, Niners, and Seahawks.(teams we have all beat) National media will never change.

The announcer with Troy Aikman on the Denver broadcast(Brennaman?) really had me PO'd. When discussing AFC power teams(even mentioning NE and Cincy) not one mention of the Colts. Then he even went on to say nobody from the AFC South or North can distance themselves from the Chargers, all the while praising teams like the Broncos, Niners, and Seahawks.(teams we have all beat) National media will never change.

Nothing new really. Aggravating, but it is what it is. We will continue to get no respect unless we have a stellar game next Sunday night. If we don't, we will be considered average once again do to the loss of 87.

if we use teams we have beat logic, than technically the Chargers are superior to us because we are a "team they have beat"

I wasn't paying that close of attention, but I thought the context of the discussion was "their thoughts on teams that played today".  I could be wrong though, like I said I was not watching closely at that time.

We'll probably never get respect. The loss of Reggie, will probably make us talked about less and less.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I thought that Aikman meant for the Wildcard.  Since Cincy and Indy have all but locked up their divisions.

As is often the case, a lot of people here seem hyper-sensitive about "respect" towards the Colts. It comes across as being incredibly insecure, and the vast majority of the time it isn't even accurate.

They had one conversation that was entirely about the NFC. Seahawks, Packers, etc were named, but NO AFC teams at all.

But since you specifically mention the Chargers, that tells me that you must be referring to the conversation that they had about the WILD CARD. The reason that they didn't mention the Colts was because they appeared to consider it a given that the Colts will win their division. I don't believe that they mentioned the Patriots, Chiefs or Broncos (amongst others) either.

How is that a lack of respect?

presto..he said no one in the WILD CARD race could distance themselves from SD.

..he was talking about the wild card..

He was assumning that the Colts WIN the AFC South..because we lead by 2 games

Read my original post guys. BEFORE they talked about the wildcard,  I'm pretty sure they talked about the AFC power teams. The Broncos, Chiefs, Patriots, and Bengals were all mentioned. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

he was assuming the Colts win the South..

you combined 2 discussions..he clearly assumed Indy would win the division

you're hearing a slight where there was a compliment

Most of us don't yet ASSUME indy will win the AFC South...Aikman did

I can't imagine this early in the season that he, Fox, or anyone in their right mind would pick the Colts to win the division when so few division games having even been played. I mean we still have to play titans twice, Houston twice, j-ville once. We have 5 or more starters done for the season and one is a Hall-of-Famer, TRich can't locate the right running lanes, we bend but don't break on "D", we sometimes get lit up on Special Teams, Our O-Line is a jumbled mess, we have an On-The-Job-Training Offensive Coordinator, and our GM and coach have combined for about 3 years of experience total. All the above might just say how good Andrew Luck is. ;)

I thought this was going to be a thread about the "LUCK FLOP" and I was going to be like are we all that sensitive around here we can't take a joke??? Then I read the post and it was even worse than I imagined. They were talking about the wild card. Given that KC or Den will likely be almost certain as one wild card he was saying Cincy has that division in hand, NE theirs, and yes he didn't mention us by name but it was implied we are taking our division and obviously Hou, Ten, and Jax aren't a threat to a wild card. He has a good point that SD is in the drivers seat to win that last wild card. They have a ton of tough games coming up and I don't quite think they will do it...I actually think Baltimore will right their ship and get the last one. Do people just sit around and look for ways to imagine the Colts aren't getting respect??? Like people just sit around angry all day saying how come no one is talking about the Colts 24/7. On a bye week maybe some people should enjoy some good baseball like we saw last night...and take a week off the football.

I swear people look for reasons to go look we are being disrespected.  As has been said many times in this thread they were talking about the wild card race.  It's a slap in the face to the Titans who have the same record as the Chargers.  Put the rabbit ears away.  We beat the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos in our first seven games people understand the Colts are good. 

Everyone in the media hates the Colts except for Greg Rosenthal.

Deion Sanders is one of the biggest Colts haters. Listen to him on the NFL.com highlights:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapolis-colts/0ap2000000266941/GameDay-Broncos-vs-Colts-highlights

Funny thing is the call he said that Broncos touchdown counted, the VP of Officiating for the NFL said it was the right call the next day.

Yeah, he was talking about who in the AFC is most likely to get the Wildcard spot. I would have to agree with him. At this point in time it is obviously going to be the Chargers.

Cris Collinsworth perhaps the biggest Colts hater of them all (he hated them pre-Manning) said tonight the Colts are a team we are going to hear from before the season is over and that he is excited to see them next week.  I think the idea that the media has it out for us is something some fans want to be true more than it really is true.

He wasn't disrespecting the Colts he was talking about the last wildcard spot. He said there's a good chance that three teams make it from the AFC west and that the Broncos finish 14-2 and get a wildcard because of how good the Chiefs were. I don't think the Chargers make it because they still have the Chiefs 2x, Broncos 2x, Raiders,Bengals,Redskins,Giants. The Titans have a easier schedule and they own the tie breaker i think they'll get the last wildcard spot at 9-7.

How can he assume NE will win their division? That is FAR from certain. Even the Bengals winning their division is not a lock.

the Pats have the same two game lead on their division we do and have played one more game than us. Same with the Bengals, well really they have a 2.5 game lead in theirs. He's telling you what he thinks is going to happen that's his job. Can he be wrong? Sure.

I swear people look for reasons to go look we are being disrespected.  As has been said many times in this thread they were talking about the wild card race.  It's a slap in the face to the Titans who have the same record as the Chargers.  Put the rabbit ears away.  We beat the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos in our first seven games people understand the Colts are good. 

I do not know what it is, but the inferiority complex has taken over this board at times.  It is like if an announcer does not talk about the Colts in some form or fashion in every segment we get a post on here saying oh did you see the disrespect that they showed. Yet, a lot of posters in the same breath will talk about how these media guys are just talking heads and do not know what they are talking about.

Then again our fans have always had a bit of an inferiority complex because back in Peyton's time when we were the media darling fans still whined about disrespect anytime the media talked about another team or even gave props to the Pats who were winning Super Bowls at that time.

They were talking about the wildcard and unless something bad happens there is no point in bringing us up.

He wasn't disrespecting the Colts he was talking about the last wildcard spot. He said there's a good chance that three teams make it from the AFC west and that the Broncos finish 14-2 and get a wildcard because of how good the Chiefs were. I don't think the Chargers make it because they still have the Chiefs 2x, Broncos 2x, Raiders,Bengals,Redskins,Giants. The Titans have a easier schedule and they own the tie breaker i think they'll get the last wildcard spot at 9-7.

Why are you guys trying to use facts to ruin people's lack of comprehension? 

This is #Merica!  We can be dead wrong, but we'll be really loud about it!

Let's carry on about being disrespected by the media...

Everyone in the media hates the Colts except for Greg Rosenthal.

Deion Sanders is one of the biggest Colts haters. Listen to him on the NFL.com highlights:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapolis-colts/0ap2000000266941/GameDay-Broncos-vs-Colts-highlights

Funny thing is the call he said that Broncos touchdown counted, the VP of Officiating for the NFL said it was the right call the next day.

Mariuuci likes him some Colts...