Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's post game tweets

chrisfarley

Was just listening to Mike and Mike, they said that Irsay was tweeting up as late as 5am.  They read them and I agree, he just needs to go to bed.  They said he was classless again, misspelling words, using profanity, etc.  Mike Greeberg finally said, "Money can buy you a lot of things, make no mistake, but one thing it cannot buy is class".  WOW, they were slamming him outright.  What is Irsay's deal?????  Getting tired of him.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just listening to Mike and Mike, they said that Irsay was tweeting up as late as 5am.  They read them and I agree, he just needs to go to bed.  They said he was classless again, misspelling words, using profanity, etc.  Mike Greeberg finally said, "Money can buy you a lot of things, make no mistake, but one thing it cannot buy is class".  WOW, they were slamming him outright.  What is Irsay's deal?????  Getting tired of him.

Yes Crow is best served HOTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Yeah he was tweeting all night, 3 tweets directed at the media and nay sayers that were talking all within the last 4 hours. I personally would not feel the need to respond to them over Twitter but thats just me and my choice, At the same time he did not say anything off the wall or outrageous just condemning the media for spinning things up, The hate that put on Irsay the last few days was nasty from some, He had a right to vent some, Good for him.

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 4h

So much credit 2 BEST FANS,COLTSFANS N to Peyton,MATHIS,Marvin,Reggie,Jeff Sat n now #12Luck,#13 T Y and T Dungy,Chuck P and so MANY others!

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 4h

Thanks 2 many ignorant n mean spirited media types,only some,certaInly not all;Man you helped FIRE UP our team..you were AWESOME! Thank YOU!

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 4h

Prayers and much love for #87 Reggie...let's pray his right knee gets miracle news!!!!!! Love that man and pray for good news!!!!!!

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

Actually working,sorry naysayers..I don't drink...haven't in over 15 years..I know when your unhappy or jealous it's easy to b mean-spirited

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

I do pray for you unhappy,%-slingers...who wants to live on a planet with those who don't like themselves..we want happy,kind people:)

I see nothing that wan't justifiable, he was slammed all week by the media.

"I know when your unhappy or jealous it's easy to b mean-spirited" ... I reckon that part could really hit home considering the tweets from last week!   Then again I do not think he was being mean spirited toward Manning - I think he was just out of his mind - not thinking clearly - and being unprofessional - accompanied by a dose of arrogant denial.

This club does not need a loud mouthed owner drawing more attention than its star players!  Irsay needs to think about the consequences that his actions may have on the club as a whole and stop being so selfish!

"I know when your unhappy or jealous it's easy to b mean-spirited" ... I reckon that part could really hit home considering the tweets from last week!   Then again I do not think he was being mean spirited toward Manning - I think he was just out of his mind - not thinking clearly - and being unprofessional - accompanied by a dose of arrogant denial.

This club does not need a loud mouthed owner drawing more attention than its star players!  Irsay needs to think about the consequences that his actions may have on the club as a whole and stop being so selfish!

We could let you take over with your classy speeches.

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 4h

So much credit 2 BEST FANS,COLTSFANS N to Peyton,MATHIS,Marvin,Reggie,Jeff Sat n now #12Luck,#13 T Y and T Dungy,Chuck P and so MANY others!

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 4h

Thanks 2 many ignorant n mean spirited media types,only some,certaInly not all;Man you helped FIRE UP our team..you were AWESOME! Thank YOU!

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 4h

Prayers and much love for #87 Reggie...let's pray his right knee gets miracle news!!!!!! Love that man and pray for good news!!!!!!

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

Actually working,sorry naysayers..I don't drink...haven't in over 15 years..I know when your unhappy or jealous it's easy to b mean-spirited

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

I do pray for you unhappy,%-slingers...who wants to live on a planet with those who don't like themselves..we want happy,kind people:)

I see nothing that wan't justifiable, he was slammed all week by the media.

Nothing classless here.  The only thing I didn't like is the tweet about Reggie.  It's not good if they are waiting on miracle news. 

"I know when your unhappy or jealous it's easy to b mean-spirited" ... I reckon that part could really hit home considering the tweets from last week! Then again I do not think he was being mean spirited toward Manning - I think he was just out of his mind - not thinking clearly - and being unprofessional - accompanied by a dose of arrogant denial.

This club does not need a loud mouthed owner drawing more attention than its star players! Irsay needs to think about the consequences that his actions may have on the club as a whole and stop being so selfish!

Consequences? You mean like when everyone said Jim lost us the Broncos game because he "made Peyton mad?"

The man is a human with thoughts and feelings. He has every right to express his, as you do to come on here and tell him to shut up.

I love Irsay's passion and intensity but sometimes I do wish he'd just be quiet.

What does all of this nonsense achieve at the end of the day?

He likes interacting with the fan base, and speaking his mind lol.

Similar reasons most come on here.

I didnt like what Mr. Irsay said about Peyton..

..BUT..some were suggesting that he has 'problems' and that was out of line....too

...It was a rough week all around...glad its over

.......but its hard to be happy with the win because of Reggie...sounds like a career-ending injury.

very sad

..BUT..some were suggesting that he has 'problems' and that was out of line....too

.......but its hard to be happy with the win because of Reggie...sounds like a career-ending injury.

very sad  _--- POLIAN CONFIRMED IT  :argh:

I thought the Colts had a good chance to win at home , and they did. Luck is a great young quarterback , and played great. However, the contrast between how Manning carried himself before and after the game , and how Irsay did, couldn't be more stark. One was classy all through an emotional week, while the other was making controversial comments, and then continuing to depict himself as a victim. It was a great win, combined with good wins over SF and Seattle, but it is only a regular season win. The hard part is winning in the playoffs. It's not the smartest thing to start a war with the media, but that's apparently what he wants. I've seen this happen before in the late 70's and early 80's, and it never ends up pretty.

He is telling others they are unhappy and jealous, yet he was the one that brought up frustration , and perhaps jealousy , in only winning one Super Bowl while other teams had won two. Keep going down the Jerry Jones Highway , you're halfway there.

He likes interacting with the fan base, and speaking his mind lol.

Similar reasons most come on here.

He doesn't speak to the fan base a lot of the time though. 

A couple of those tweets were directed exclusively at the media. That's what I don't like.

Sure, get us all excited when a trade is imminent, get us ramped up for the game etc. but after a performance like that, I'd like to think the football spoke for itself and nothing else need be said. The most dignified response would have been no response at all.

The same can be said for a lot of people here, and on the internet(s) period. Mr.Irsay didn't say anything wrong... and I appreciate what he has done.

Most aren't billionaire owners of a football team. It's not about being wrong, it's about being a distraction. He got away with it last night, but the playoffs loom.

Did he really, Chris..I didn't know that.

Well..I hope he comes back in 2014 but he 35 and its not likely

I've been a Colts fan since '03.  Pretty young compared to some guys on here.  For the time I have been a fan of this team, he has done nothing but go all out for his team, whether with his money or mouth.  He put up with Polian's "Pay our own" agenda and gave people contracts that ended up biting us in the ***, when he felt the team was heading in the wrong direction, he cut off the old flesh and replaced it with Pags and Luck, and when the media was attacking him and dooming our team this weak, he was right with us and the players taking things head-on.  

Put it this way, if I was going to war and needed a general who would make the tough decisions for the better of the TEAM and do whatever it takes to win, and I had to pick from the NFL owners, Irsay would be my first pick #nobias

He doesn't speak to the fan base a lot of the time though.

A couple of those tweets were directed exclusively at the media. That's what I don't like.

Sure, get us all excited when a trade is imminent, get us ramped up for the game etc. but after a performance like that, I'd like to think the football spoke for itself and nothing else need be said. The most dignified response would have been no response at all.

Every tweet is to the fans, and his followers. And his fans and followers absolutely wanted vindication for Jim when his comments were mangled by the media. I know I did. So I have zero problem with him giving it back. They deserve it ten fold after the unprofessionalism the media showed this last week.

He was having fun. Colts win. He's the owner who was under fire. I'm happy he got to vent. And I'm happy we won.

Most aren't billionaire owners of a football team. It's not about being wrong, it's about being a distraction. He got away with it last night, but the playoffs loom.

Got away with what? The whole he is just another rich guy argument is a joke... and no one seemed to be distracted on the field.

Fans perceive distractions much larger than player do. Did that team look distracted over Jim's comments last night?

There's no "getting away with it" because if that media storm didn't affect the team. Nothing else is going to from him.

Did he really, Chris..I didn't know that.

Well..I hope he comes back in 2014 but he 35 and its not likely

mort, will carroll, and others are saying it's pretty much definite, that's it's an ACL, and Reggie knew it almost immediately.  on-field tests indicated ACL Tear.  MRI is happening right now as we speak.  Press conference will probably follow by 1pm at the latest.

Got away with what? The whole he is just another rich guy argument is a joke... and no one seemed to be distracted on the field.

Scary to think that was a distracted product on the field last night....Denver is lucky they didn't lose by 50 if we weren't distracted.....

Was just listening to Mike and Mike, they said that Irsay was tweeting up as late as 5am. They read them and I agree, he just needs to go to bed. They said he was classless again, misspelling words, using profanity, etc. Mike Greeberg finally said, "Money can buy you a lot of things, make no mistake, but one thing it cannot buy is class". WOW, they were slamming him outright. What is Irsay's deal????? Getting tired of him.

GIVE IT UP.

It was a regular season game at home. The Colts and Luck weren't distracted, because Irsay had all the attention and pressure placed on Manning . He had the tribute and interviews that put the focus on Manning. Teams react certain ways to owner comments. Sometimes they do better , and sometimes it takes them off their game focus. Manning had everything to lose last night, and Luck and the Colts had little. In the playoffs, if Irsay tweets comments as we know he will, next time it could fire up the other team, especially if you're on the road in the playoffs. I don't care that he's a billionaire. I'm just saying he's not the average Joe Shmoe with a twitter account.

Every tweet is to the fans, and his followers. And his fans and followers absolutely wanted vindication for Jim when his comments were mangled by the media. I know I did. So I have zero problem with him giving it back. They deserve it ten fold after the unprofessionalism the media showed this last week.

He was having fun. Colts win. He's the owner who was under fire. I'm happy he got to vent. And I'm happy we won.

"Thanks 2 many ignorant n mean spirited media types,only some,certaInly not all;Man you helped FIRE UP our team..you were AWESOME! Thank YOU!"

That's not intended for anyone but the media.