Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's post game tweets

chrisfarley

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

What's the quote from?  Oh, and I'm absolutely good with being the bad guy.  As long as we aren't dirty in doing so.  I like a team that will box with the gloves off, metaphorically speaking, but I have a hard time supporting a team that takes cheap shots or is "dirtier" than the average team is.  There's always going to be some measure of dirty plays in any game, by any team,that are seldom caught on camera.  It's part of the swag I think, and keeps guys from going soft. I'm okay with that, but I don't want to be known as Ndamukong Suh dirty.

No not dirty.  The Colts may be the least dirty team in the league.  We play the game the way it should be played.  The quote is from Walter White in Breaking Bad.

No not dirty.  The Colts may be the least dirty team in the league.  We play the game the way it should be played.  The quote is from Walter White in Breaking Bad.

Ah, that would be why I do'nt know it.  Always wanted to watch the show, but don't have a lot of time, so I have to be selective with my shows, and unfortunately Breaking Bad didn't make the cut at the time.  Will definitely have to go back and watch the show after the finale and all DVDs are released.  Sons of Anarchy is another one I'd like to watch from start to finish.  Heard nothing but good things about those shows.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Ah, that would be why I do'nt know it.  Always wanted to watch the show, but don't have a lot of time, so I have to be selective with my shows, and unfortunately Breaking Bad didn't make the cut at the time.  Will definitely have to go back and watch the show after the finale and all DVDs are released.  Sons of Anarchy is another one I'd like to watch from start to finish.  Heard nothing but good things about those shows.

Yeah...I'm pretty selective with the shows I watch...Breaking Bad is in my opinion the greatest television show ever made.  It's basically one extremely long movie.

Irsay just give it up. I really use to love this guy, but lately he is just acting like a buffoon. He is just putting his foot in his mouth left and right. YOU started the firestorm with YOUR mouth. Just stay silent.

He continues to prove he is nothing but a rich kid living with daddy's money. Present yourself with class. Sorry to say, but Mr Kraft would not do something like this. Winners stay silent even when they're right.

The same Robert Kraft who accused the president of russia of stealing his super bowl ring? Real classy...

The same Robert Kraft who accused the president of russia of stealing his super bowl ring? Real classy...

Took the words right out of my mouth.  By the way, where the heck were you all week last week?  If you were on, I must have just been around when you weren't.  Was looking forward to seeing your avatar for the week and never did until today lol.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  By the way, where the heck were you all week last week?  If you were on, I must have just been around when you weren't.  Was looking forward to seeing your avatar for the week and never did until today lol.

I got suspended for my potty mouth....like Jim Irsay I guess I can be a bit immature lol

Dont forget the reciting of lines with that one stripper chick. That was pretty monotone and comical. 

But what about other owners?

Arthur Blank- Guy has a Hitler stache, classless.

Ralph Wilson- Poops the bed, classless.

Jerry Richardson- Just a big ol dummy

Jerry Jones-.......

Davis-.......

Dan Synder-.......

Some of these guys are too easy.....Just alot of classlessness in the NFL owners meetings.....

When have you abandoned reason for madness? Your love of the Baltimore Colts has blinded you. Maybe Jim Irsay is a bit of a braggart, but you can't fault a guy for speaking his mind. If you read this forum... odds are no one is going to rush in to try to steal Pep away from our team. So maybe we can stay on top for a little longer.

If I'm going to be fair, which I try to be, you have to say he's been a good owner since 1997. After a one year clinker, it looks like both he and Grigson have built a good team the second time around. I've never thought of the guy as a braggart, and I'm not sure he is. I thought he was doing better because he was a hands off owner, who had good success added his input, and by hiring good GM's like Polian and Grigson. 

When I came on the forum, I was probably like most people from Baltimore with preconceived notions about Irsay and Indy. Some of those have changed. The only thing I can say about how I feel about the Baltimore Colts is  how some Indy fans felt about Peyton Manning coming back in a Denver uniform. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but you can't help but have mixed feelings when a family ownership group pulls out of your city. Seeing Manning for some of you guys  in a Denver uniform, is like seeing the Colt's uniforms and logos in Indy for me. I know Irsay owns the rights and all of that stuff, but it's never far from your mind. I have no regrets about the Ravens, except how we got the team, but it's somewhat bittersweet when you think about the old days with the old Colts. Honestly though, I'm glad things turned out the way they did. I like our owner also, and he's a pure 100% Baltimore guy who understands our city. You guys are happy with Irsay, and we like Bisciotti. I will tell you guys though, I wouldn't be happy if Bisciotti was sending out tweets , and doing articles that could be misconstrued by the media. It's just better to be more quiet as an owner, and do what you have to do quietly behind the scenes. 

Its so funny how people take things so very differently. I personally hate the tweets. Maybe I'm just old but I don't understand it/hate it. I use to feel like if he had something to say do it through the proper channels. Who gets on twitter and has a verbal spat with annonymous *s. As the owner he represents the organization because he IS the organization. I like my owners to be behind the scene. Let the stars be in the forefront. Instead of the media talking about Luck or Davis or Freeman they are talking about our loose mouthed owner. He looks bad...doesn't make sense half the time...rambles and mostly just puts a foot in his mouth. I don't appreciate that...and it makes it hard to root for a team run by someone you can't respect. I have too much loyalty to the team and those 53 guys but man it takes the joy away from winning when you see how the owner reacts. Its like taking your fiance to a family reunion to meet the family and you got that loud mouth uncle that is soo embarrising. Most owners are embarrising for their enept ability to turn a franchise around or make bad hires or try to run everything themselves...others that cry and complain about their 1 SB ring and have arguements and make dumb comments with the twittersphere or whatever it is isn't much better. I love my Colts and I will continue loving them...just hope that I don't have to listen to Irsay. I just don't have much respect for the guy. Been around my share of plenty of multi-millionare owners of companies and they don't behave like that....and been around owners that barely have a dollar and they still have more self-respect. Class act I can't say he is...no matter all the good he has done around the city and with the team. He constantly tarnishes it with this stuff. Thank goodness for REAL leaders like Pagano and Luck in that organization...and the many others.

It's just crazy to me that people get so worked up over him and his twitter account.  Everybody in this forum feels the need to say what they want to say about whatever they want to say and it's ok, but as soon as Irsay does it, he's the scum of the Earth.  I realize we aren't owners of the team and we aren't as high profile as he is, but if somebody attacks you or your stance on this forum, you are going to defend yourself.  Are you being "classless" by defending yourself?  Are you being "classless" if you've been taken to the woodshed only to have those people be in the wrong and you call them on it?

Get over it people, and get over yourselves!

Its so funny how people take things so very differently. I personally hate the tweets. Maybe I'm just old but I don't understand it/hate it. I use to feel like if he had something to say do it through the proper channels. Who gets on twitter and has a verbal spat with annonymous .. As the owner he represents the organization because he IS the organization. I like my owners to be behind the scene. Let the stars be in the forefront. Instead of the media talking about Luck or Davis or Freeman they are talking about our loose mouthed owner. He looks bad...doesn't make sense half the time...rambles and mostly just puts a foot in his mouth. I don't appreciate that...and it makes it hard to root for a team run by someone you can't respect. I have too much loyalty to the team and those 53 guys but man it takes the joy away from winning when you see how the owner reacts. Its like taking your fiance to a family reunion to meet the family and you got that loud mouth uncle that is soo embarrising. Most owners are embarrising for their enept ability to turn a franchise around or make bad hires or try to run everything themselves...others that cry and complain about their 1 SB ring and have arguements and make dumb comments with the twittersphere or whatever it is isn't much better. I love my Colts and I will continue loving them...just hope that I don't have to listen to Irsay. I just don't have much respect for the guy. Been around my share of plenty of multi-millionare owners of companies and they don't behave like that....and been around owners that barely have a dollar and they still have more self-respect. Class act I can't say he is...no matter all the good he has done around the city and with the team. He constantly tarnishes it with this stuff. Thank goodness for REAL leaders like Pagano and Luck in that organization...and the many others.

Agree 100% Well said  :thmup:

Its so funny how people take things so very differently. I personally hate the tweets. Maybe I'm just old but I don't understand it/hate it. I use to feel like if he had something to say do it through the proper channels. Who gets on twitter and has a verbal spat with annonymous .. As the owner he represents the organization because he IS the organization. I like my owners to be behind the scene. Let the stars be in the forefront. Instead of the media talking about Luck or Davis or Freeman they are talking about our loose mouthed owner. He looks bad...doesn't make sense half the time...rambles and mostly just puts a foot in his mouth. I don't appreciate that...and it makes it hard to root for a team run by someone you can't respect. I have too much loyalty to the team and those 53 guys but man it takes the joy away from winning when you see how the owner reacts. Its like taking your fiance to a family reunion to meet the family and you got that loud mouth uncle that is soo embarrising. Most owners are embarrising for their enept ability to turn a franchise around or make bad hires or try to run everything themselves...others that cry and complain about their 1 SB ring and have arguements and make dumb comments with the twittersphere or whatever it is isn't much better. I love my Colts and I will continue loving them...just hope that I don't have to listen to Irsay. I just don't have much respect for the guy. Been around my share of plenty of multi-millionare owners of companies and they don't behave like that....and been around owners that barely have a dollar and they still have more self-respect. Class act I can't say he is...no matter all the good he has done around the city and with the team. He constantly tarnishes it with this stuff. Thank goodness for REAL leaders like Pagano and Luck in that organization...and the many others.

But it's ok for you to say what you think?

I'm sorry, you are entitled to your opinion but few people would write so extensively on how they judge someone and found them lacking

I disagree with everything you said

"Thanks 2 many ignorant n mean spirited media types,only some,certaInly not all;Man you helped FIRE UP our team..you were AWESOME! Thank YOU!"

That's not intended for anyone but the media.

I don't get your problem with this. The media brought it on themselves and it bit them in the ***. Irsay gave it right back to them and he deserved to do so. Please don't give me the classy crap either, it wasn't classy for the media to twist Irsay's words and it's not classy for them to give him so much crap all the time because of his dad's mistakes or his past personal problems. Irsay gives everything he can back to the team and the fans and as far as I'm concerned, he's one of the best owners in football.

I have to admire Irsay's operational capability. He deserves as much credit for our turnaround as anyone on the team or coaching staff. 

But this Twitter thing, I just don't get it. It makes our organization seem unstable.

I got suspended for my potty mouth....like Jim Irsay I guess I can be a bit immature lol

I suspended myself all last week as well - I knew it was going to get crazy/stupid online during Manning week.

As far as Irsay... for someone in his position, twitter is like dog poo. If you step in it, it's going to stick to your shoe. And stink.

I personally would rather he didn't tweet. But he has every right to do so.

But it's ok for you to say what you think?

I'm sorry, you are entitled to your opinion but few people would write so extensively on how they judge someone and found them lacking

I disagree with everything you said

This.

Blows my mind how people this they should have an online place to speak their mind, but he shouldn't.

This.

Blows my mind how people this they should have an online place to speak their mind, but he shouldn't.

Because we're anonymous and Irsay is a figurehead billionaire owner of an NFL franchise? 

You do see the clear difference here, right? 

Because we're anonymous and Irsay is a figurehead billionaire owner of an NFL franchise? 

This is why some  college coaches don't allow their players to have a twitter account. They know those darn kids can get themselves into trouble with goofy comments.

So being a figure head billionaire means you can't post on twitter without everything subjected to a microscopic inspection? I knew I should have read that fine print closer.

Guest TeamLoloJones

So free speech only applies to people with hidden identities?  Thanks...didn't know that.

So being a figure head billionaire means you can't post on twitter without everything subjected to a microscopic inspection? I knew I should have read that fine print closer.

Yeah, being famous and powerful means people will scrutinize your words, with or without due cause. In either case, one is left thinking that the proper platform for such a person to speak would not be random thoughts on the internet. 

So free speech only applies to people with hidden identities?  Thanks...didn't know that.

There is no consequence for me when I speak freely while enjoying the anonymity of the internet. 

Companies, corporations, city/state employers and the like WILL fire you/me for making inappropriate statements on the internet (be it Facebook, Twitter etc). 

Being that NOBODY can fire Irsay, the only consequence that comes from errant random thoughts being broadcast to the world on the internet....is media backlash. It's the impunity that strikes many as uncouth. 

He owns a football team....not like he advises the president.

Still the difference is vast between the likes of you or I posting under false, anonymous identities and a man in Irsay's position speaking.

Look guys, I love Irsay's wildcard persona, I really do. He just toes the line a bit and this constant internet chatter is a bit unbecoming of the premiere ambassador of our team.

For the life of me I can't see why people, especially colts fans, have problems with our owner. Hes a great father to his daughters and the players love him. He is very passionate about the team and the city. He hires the best people to make decisions. He puts out a great product. The one thing that makes me cringe is when people act like he is just an * that inherited a franchise. An * at the top does not produce the type of success we've enjoyed.

I also respect that he is a public figure not afraid to speak what is on his mind.

I want him to tweet some Bob Dylan lyrics again.

You see, that's the stuff I love. The blue mohawk, the cryptic rock lyric references....I LOVE IT. Wish he'd stay away from the more provocative stuff as we saw a few weeks ago, however. His new batch of tweets last night, I have no issue with. I'm just afraid he'll get a bit loose one day and say something truly regrettable. Which is what one invites when they get too much into the habit of tweeting at 3am. 

Don't take me the wrong way. I mean this, Jim Irsay is the BEST owner in football, period. Seems like an awesome guy away from the day to day operations of football as well. 

One thing I am getting tired of is Mike and Mike. Turn on this a.m. after the biggest SNF game of the year and they are talking about the stinkin' Jets! Then when they do get to the Colts game they talk about Irsay tweets!

Thats because one of them is a Jets fan . I can't believe anybody still watches that show, horrendous.

Yeah, being famous and powerful means people will scrutinize your words, with or without due cause. In either case, one is left thinking that the proper platform for such a person to speak would not be random thoughts on the internet.

There is no consequence for me when I speak freely while enjoying the anonymity of the internet.

Companies, corporations, city/state employers and the like WILL fire you/me for making inappropriate statements on the internet (be it Facebook, Twitter etc).

Being that NOBODY can fire Irsay, the only consequence that comes from errant random thoughts being broadcast to the world on the internet....is media backlash. It's the impunity that strikes many as uncouth.

Still the difference is vast between the likes of you or I posting under false, anonymous identities and a man in Irsay's position speaking.

Look guys, I love Irsay's wildcard persona, I really do. He just toes the line a bit and this constant internet chatter is a bit unbecoming of the premiere ambassador of our team.

Honestly. I have no idea why you keep engaging me in this topic haha.

It's blatantly clear that we have polar opposite opinions on the matter, and we only succeed in stalemates. All respect to you, and I mean that. From everything I know your a solid guy, great poster, we've agreed on many things in the past. But this one we are on different teams.

I just don't believe he should have to silence himself because some fans disapprove of his tweeting. That's his only offense. People don't like it. So they don't think he should do it.

I hope he thinks "Tough %" because I would equally not care if anyone told me to stop posting on this board because they didn't like it lol.

Again. That's all just my opinion. I'm not knocking anyone who feels he should shut it. I'm just saying I don't get it. And he should do whatever makes him happy.

Irsay is fine. He's a good dude. A bit nutty at times, but who isn't? And doesn't that make him more fun and interesting? 

The only thing that urked me was when he said that Manning said to draft Luck. Anyone that followed the saga knows that Peyton wanted to stay. Besides that, he simply said that they wanted to rebuild the team in a different mold. No slight to Manning's play style. 

The man is a human with thoughts and feelings. He has every right to express his, as you do to come on here and tell him to shut up.

Agreed, the guy can do and say whatever he wants whenever he wants, but there is a time and a place for it!    You don't run into a crowded theater and yell fire without consequences ... just the same an owner of an NFL team doesn't tweet non-stop non-sense without repercussions.  

As with the other post above - I do not look forward to the Colts becoming the "bad guys" -  the "loud mouths who are constantly sticking our foot in our mouths guys" least not an owner who should be conducting himself in a professional manner - Indy does not need that type of team!

Agreed, the guy can do and say whatever he wants whenever he wants, but there is a time and a place for it! You don't run into a crowded theater and yell fire without consequences ... just the same an owner of an NFL team doesn't tweet non-stop non-sense without repercussions.

As with the other post above - I do not look forward to the Colts becoming the "bad guys" - the "loud mouths who are constantly sticking our foot in our mouths guys" least not an owner who should be conducting himself in a professional manner - Indy does not need that type of team!

That analogy makes no sense lol.

Thats because one of them is a Jets fan . I can't believe anybody still watches that show, horrendous.

That show got old real quick. One thing I really can't sand is Golic's fake outrage over the new safety rules....after admitting in the past he intentionally tried to get his helmet underneath the quarterbacks facemask. Fortunately, Golic rarely got to the QB.