Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie's injury [Merge]

House

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it is a season ender, Bill Polian was on Mike and Mike just now and says he knows the doctors very well (team and extended medical team), and that it's bad. Say's it is a shame because he wanted Reggie to break that consecutive games record and now that is not going to happen and he really hated to see that.

I'd hate to trade away both our first and second round picks in the same draft. Also Nicks is like the anti-Reggie in terms of getting hurt.

I don't mind trading a second from a talent perspective. Think about when we acquired Vontae. Pags just said, "hey, there's nobody we could have gotten in the second that was more talented than Vontae." Applying that same philosophy, I wouldn't be opposed to trading our second to acquire the right guy and punt on the draft. With that being said, I don't want Nicks. Speculation was that we were willing to spend a 3rd rounder on Gordon in the supplemental draft until the Browns hijacked him with a 2nd rounder. Thus far in his career I think he's shown to be worth at least that. I would have no problem with snatching him away from Cleveland. Man, I just hope Reggie is alright...

Hate to see this news but i had pretty much figured thats what it was after seeing his reaction last night.  He knew it wasn't good.  This is a major blow.  Next to losing Luck it doesn't get much worse then this. Not only is he Luck's favorite target but he's also a leader for the offense. Not sure where we go from here, but outside of Hilton there isn't anyone on the roster who can even come close to Reggie.  DHB just isn't very good and if we have to depend on him for the rest of the year as a primary target we are in trouble.  Scary to think what this team could be considering we now have likely lost 5 starters on offense.

Josh Gordon is there for the taking but I doubt very highly it is season ending or they wouldnt have just let him walk on it back to the dressing room. We usually see a cart take players back when thought to be a tear and that didnt occur.

Hakeem Nicks?

No thanks on Hakeem Nicks as a possible replacement. The guy seems like he is made of glass. I wouldn't be opposed to Josh Gordon, but I also wouldn't mind seeing how the Colts do simply making TY the #1 guy and putting Brazill in more packages. I think TY could be a #1 and have felt that way all along. I didn't necessarily think he was ready for the that role this year, but injury can sometimes force your hand. 

DHB is not a #1 receiver and never will be. He is a solid guy, but he simply does not have the hands to be the top WR on a team.

Saw the Mort report and of course you saw that Polian knows it's bad, but it's now known that Reggie pretty much knew it was ACL right over on the bench.

My question to you, Do you think it's Andrew Luck's fault that this happened because he underthrew the ball ??... Luck is sick and is taking blame.

Saw the Mort report and of course you saw that Polian knows it's bad, but it's now known that Reggie pretty much knew it was ACL right over on the bench.

My question to you, Do you think it's Andrew Luck's fault that this happened because he underthrew the ball ??... Luck is sick and is taking blame.

It's not Lucks fault. Period. Injuries happen. Best not to point fingers. .

I will give Reggie this. If this is a torn ACL, the man is tough as nails. I couldn't walk after my acl tear and I was in great shape at the time. Praying its only sprained. Come on Reggie hang in there bud.

If worse comes to worse and Reggies is out for the year then Brandon Lloyd would be the guy I would sign if he is healthy, He is only 32 and is still a very productive receiver if he is healthy

I would agree here, it amazes me that the Pat's havn't moved to sign him with the troubles they have had at receiver.  

I would agree here, it amazes me that the Pat's havn't moved to sign him with the troubles they have had at receiver.  

Many teams including the Pats have outreached to Lloyd this season and he has said that he is not in football shape physically or mentally. Guy is done with NFL apparently.

Bad throw sure but he every QB has those every game. It could have happend on a good throw too. Luck is proably sick because it is Reggie. Understandable.

Horrible news. Clearly losing Reggie is a big blow talent wise but he's also the leader of the offense this is something that could derail a season.

Yep. I hate football for the injuries. Not to make excuses but you could really see how bad the injuries affected the Broncos Oline last night. Every team is dealing with them now - Packers, Pats, Houston, and now your team. This is why it is so important to have depth from guys 22-53. I think the Colts will do fine as the whole team is solid.

Horrible news. Clearly losing Reggie is a big blow talent wise but he's also the leader of the offense this is something that could derail a season.

My concern is this could close things up on other receivers.  When teams go to play the Colts the receiver they prepare for and focus on is Reggie.  

If they don't have to worry about him anymore the other receivers could have a harder time getting open. 

If Reggie is out for any significant time DHB will have to step up if are going to have this season be successful.

Reggie was probably the most irreplaceable player on our team.  This could be very bad.

My concern is this could close things up on other receivers. When teams go to play the Colts the receiver they prepare for and focus on is Reggie.

If they don't have to worry about him anymore the other receivers could have a harder time getting open.

If Reggie is out for any significant time DHB will have to step up if are going to have this season be successful.

Reggie was probably the most irreplaceable player on our team. This could be very bad.

and bad for the future at his age a comeback is not a sure thing and we have no first round pick to draft a replacement with. So I would bet there will be so e wheeling and dealing going in rather it be now or the off-season.

Yep. I hate football for the injuries. Not to make excuses but you could really see how bad the injuries affected the Broncos Oline last night. Every team is dealing with them now - Packers, Pats, Houston, and now your team. This is why it is so important to have depth from guys 22-53. I think the Colts will do fine as the whole team is solid.

It's not like we are without them too.  Bradshaw, Dwayne Allen, Thomas gone for the season.  Those are all guys we would love to have back.  

The Richardson trade helped a bit, but Bradshaw when healthy is the better back.  

Fleener has stepped up a bit since the Allen injury, but he's just not as good of a player.  Allen is the better blocker and has better hands.  I think Fleener is a little bit faster then Allen but in all other aspects Allen is the better player. 

And Thomas, we would probably have a lot more success running the ball if he was out there.  

However Reggie is probably the biggest injury of them all if he's out for significant time.

It's not like we are without them too.  Bradshaw, Dwayne Allen, Thomas gone for the season.  Those are all guys we would love to have back.  

The Richardson trade helped a bit, but Bradshaw when healthy is the better back.  

Fleener has stepped up a bit since the Allen injury, but he's just not as good of a player.  Allen is the better blocker and has better hands.  I think Fleener is a little bit faster then Allen but in all other aspects Allen is the better player. 

And Thomas, we would probably have a lot more success running the ball if he was out there.  

However Reggie is probably the biggest injury of them all if he's out for significant time.

What is going in with Richardson? Is he just not picking up the offense?

and bad for the future at his age a comeback is not a sure thing and we have no first round pick to draft a replacement with. So I would bet there will be so e wheeling and dealing going in rather it be now or the off-season.

We'd have to get a guy in FA or manage to get lucky with a 2nd round pick.  

There are a couple of guys who could do the trick in FA, but in all likelyhood their current team is going to make re-signing them a big focus.  

One of the guys I was thinking of in this regards is Eric Decker is a FA after this season.  He's currently a WR2 in Denver but he could probably play WR1 on a lot of other teams.  But I can't see Denver letting him go.  They don't have a ton of cap space but their contracts are greatly in their favor.  With Champ Bailey getting hurt again, they can cut Champ for no dead money and free up 10 million in cap space which would be enough to pay Decker. (Who might be worth 5 million a year.)  

What is going in with Richardson? Is he just not picking up the offense?

I tend to think his vision isn't as good as Bradshaw's was.  He's not really getting a lot of holes either.  

That having been said we did run 1 draw with him that was pretty successful, I think that's something we should do a little bit more of.  

I think it was clear also that they didn't trust handing him the ball after he fumbled.

I did like what he did in pass protection though.