Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Loyal Of A Colts Fan Are You?

jackbutton96

I'd whine and complain playing the "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me!" card whenever possible.

I'd make ESPN specials about how mistreated I was and I'd hate the team and threaten Colt fans 28 years later.

I'd completely neglect our great new team, even after they won a Super Bowl, fixated on the distant past.

My whole life would revolve around how unfair an owner moving his sports franchise is to me.

I'd whine and complain playing the "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me!" card whenever possible.

I'd make ESPN specials about how mistreated I was and I'd hate the team and threaten Colt fans 28 years later.

I'd completely neglect our great new team, even after they won a Super Bowl, fixated on the distant past.

My whole life would revolve around how unfair an owner moving his sports franchise is to me.

i c wat u did rit thur

+1

So, if the Colts were to up and leave Indianapolis in the near future (within the next few years), would you continue to be a Colts fan?

The Colts are required to play all home games in the new stadium until 2034, and are forbidden from negotiating relocation. This was part of the commitment tied to the joint 1.8B Lucas OIl Stadium/Indiana Convention Center construction deal struck when the Colts came to town.

I can only imagine they wouldn't be the LA Colts. So still being a Colts fan wouldn't be possible anymore. I would continue to watch the team if they left, only until Indy put another team into Lucas Oil. At the end of the day...I support the Indianapolis Colts because they play in Indy, my hometown. If they left and some other team was formed to play in Indy...I would be an Indianapolis (insert team name here) fan. Wouldn't be very fair to Indys new team if their whole fan base was in love with the LA Bart Simpsons would it? All that being said...the Colts have to play in the Luc through the 2034 season as per the contract they signed before the contruction of Lucas Oil...so the question isn't really relevent.

If you literally mean in the next couple years it would be hard for me to want to root for them considering I live in Indianapolis and the peoples taxes went to build that huge stadium. With how much this city has supported them financially, the tax for the Hoosier Dome never went away, and with how much this city has built their reputation on being a sport city the Colts leaving would be a stab in the back. So I would say no I probably would not root for them.

It would also depend on how they left the city. If they were going regularly 2-14 and 3-13, but demanded a new building and was just trying to bully the city again like the Sonics did to Seattle it would be hard for me to continue to root for them when they left.

I think it would be easier for Colts fans who do not even live in Indiana let alone the city of Indianapolis to root for them when they move then people who live that close to the team.

Loyalty?

No...not toward a business. I'm loyal to my loved ones, family, friends and the company I keep. But not to a business.

If they moved, it would depend entirely upon the circumstance under which they left that would determine my sustained fandom toward the Colts franchise and the horseshoe. I became a Colts fan because I loved the NFL as a child, and my hometown was given a franchise. The transition seemed natural so I bought in.

If they moved it would stain the very reason why I became a Colts fan in the first place. If the reason they left had something to do with the city of Indianapolis precipitating the move, then yes, I would still be a fan.

Absolutely! I moved away from Indiana like 6 years ago and haven't lost any of my vigor for being a Colts fan, so I don't imagine it'd make much of a difference if they played in a different city, cause I can't go to games as it is now anyway.

Exactly. I think this question will have a distinct divide between residents of Indianapolis and non-residents.

I think it would be easier for Colts fans who do not even live in Indiana let alone the city of Indianapolis to root for them when they move then people who live that close to the team.

Very true....I don't live in Indy and I never lived in Baltimore so I'd continue rooting for them.

But I will say that when there was some speculation that they'd move to L.A., I was delighted that they did not, even though I live 40 miles away.

Why?

1. Indy supports the team in a great way and simply deserves that the team stay there.

2. L.A. has become a stinking, festering, toilet of a city with a dysfunctional city government as filthy and corrupt as the day is long.

3. And we'll see this when L.A. gets its franchise...is the thug element that has infested places like Dodger Stadium and will without a doubt visit itself upon whatever NFL franchise winds up here and basically ruin the stadium experience for someone on a weekly basis.

Zing!

I love my Colts, support them where ever they are.

Baltimore Butthurts? rotfl

Whaa?? L.A. COLTS?? Isn't that a double negative? Horses in LA? Um, no. In that case, no.. i just couldn't support an LA Colts team. A colts team cannot be in a couple states.. California, Florida, or NY. It would just sound terrible. ;) haha

But '1'...remember when USC was good and before they stated to cheat? ..At the games, they used to have a Trojan Horse run around with a cheerleader on top..

Just change the horse to a Colt and dress the girl in blue...

Cant you see it??? :whiteflag: Go LA Colts!!

So, if the Colts were to up and leave Indianapolis in the near future (within the next few years), would you continue to be a Colts fan?

No doubt! If I stuck with them after they left Baltimore doing so if they ever left Indy would be no problem at all. It's all about the :blueshoe: for me.

But if Irsay up and changed the name to the Indianapolis Turbos or something, I'd have to become a Ravens fan.

Well I'm a lifelong NJ resident who was a fan a good 17 years before they moved to Indy, so I can't imagine that their moving elsewhere would phase me much - although closer would be better than farther.

Do we really need to be talking about this with all the other misery this season has entailed?

I can only imagine they wouldn't be the LA Colts. So still being a Colts fan wouldn't be possible anymore. I would continue to watch the team if they left, only until Indy put another team into Lucas Oil. At the end of the day...I support the Indianapolis Colts because they play in Indy, my hometown. If they left and some other team was formed to play in Indy...I would be an Indianapolis (insert team name here) fan. Wouldn't be very fair to Indys new team if their whole fan base was in love with the LA Bart Simpsons would it? All that being said...the Colts have to play in the Luc through the 2034 season as per the contract they signed before the contruction of Lucas Oil...so the question isn't really relevent.

I was born, raised, and lived all my life in the Chicago area. I've been a Colts fan since '65.

I'll still be there.

I didn't know about the above, but it's good to know the Colts will be in Indy pretty much the rest of my life, or the end of time, whichever comes first.

'Cause I like Indy.

Oh, and it's a pretty easy drive from here.

woody allen - can't you see i'm dyin' over here :D