Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade for 49ers OLB Cam Johnson

MTC

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polian did a lot of these things when he first took over and was reshaping the roster as well.  Once he got established guys he didn't make major changes to the team he tweaked and when you have a team that wins 12+ games a year that's what you do, and yes I know it feel off towards the end.  I am guessing if Grigson has the same kind of success as Polian did for the bulk of his career you are going to see him start to make fewer and fewer moves as he gets his guys in place as well. 

He did a lot of this stuff out of necessity in 2010, the Year of the Injury. I think we finished the season with 27 players on IR or something like that. But Grigson does it because he wants to improve the roster every chance he has. And it makes sense, because when you're in a pinch, that 53rd guy gets put on the game day roster and plays.

Cam was a beast in college.

Oh, Dear God...

1) Can we please dispense with the beast description. It is tired, overused and hardly ever accurate.

2) Lots of players were "beasts" in college. It means next to nothing as it translates to the NFL. Timmy Chang was beast at Hawaii in setting NCAA passing marks and he could not play dead in the NFL.

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout

#Colts new OLB Cam Johnson had a 2nd RD grade, but sickle-cell trait scared teams. He has good 1st step quicks and power. Smart, vision plus

I'd rather have Cam Johnson than Chris Harper, but the #49ers have depth at OLB and not at WR.

He was just stuck behind arguably the best group of OLB's in the league, he's a talented player. Would provide good depth for 3rd down situations.

#Colts new OLB Cam Johnson had a 2nd RD grade, but sickle-cell trait scared teams. He has good 1st step quicks and power. Smart, vision plus

I'd rather have Cam Johnson than Chris Harper, but the #49ers have depth at OLB and not at WR.

He was just stuck behind arguably the best group of OLB's in the league, he's a talented player. Would provide good depth for 3rd down situations.

If we play Denver in the playoffs @ Denver, he can't play

That's the same thing Ryan Clark has for the Steelers I do believe

If we play Denver in the playoffs @ Denver, he can't play

That's the same thing Ryan Clark has for the Steelers I do believe

Ryan Clark isn't the only player in the league with the sickle cell trait. many of them play in Denver every year with no problem. Ryan clarks episode was an anomaly

Oh, Dear God...

1) Can we please dispense with the beast description. It is tired, overused and hardly ever accurate.

2) Lots of players were "beasts" in college. It means next to nothing as it translates to the NFL. Timmy Chang was beast at Hawaii in setting NCAA passing marks and he could not play dead in the NFL.

That post was beast

Just to run the #'s by everyone The Browns, Bills and Begals threw for a total of 145 passes....These are the numbers I came up with:

QB Hits     Sacks
1-Buffalo   1-Buffalo
8-Giants    6-Giants
7-Browns  3-Browns
3-Bengals 3-Bengals

Total-19    Total-13

For comparison our QB's totaled

34-Browns

47-Bills

21-Bengals

28-Giants

130 total passes

Gave up Sacks against  QB Hits Allowed:

Giants:2                             5

Bengals:2                          4

Bills:2                                7

Browns:2                          4 

8                                       20                    

The other thing to keep in mind between Rayford and Johnson is that Johnson is coming to us 4 years younger. He's good enough for depth now, but if it takes him another year or two to really "get it", he'll be hitting his football and athletic prime at the same time for us.

And we all know what that equals.

Beast.

The other thing to keep in mind between Rayford and Johnson is that Johnson is coming to us 4 years younger. He's good enough for depth now, but if it takes him another year or two to really "get it", he'll be hitting his football and athletic prime at the same time for us.

And we all know what that equals.

Beast.

is there anything bigger than beast? he could be that