Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com writers are split on AFC south.

Coltsfanman1953

That is still a very, very good 53 man roster.    Better than ours.

They don't have a better QB, though...........

All I'm saying is their 15 minutes might not be up as soon as you think.....

Yeah I'm with you.  Don't want to get ahead of ourselves.  I think we have a shot.  We have shown that we can win at home, even with a weak roster and playoff seeding on the line.  But I'd leave it at that for now.  We are certainly capable of winning two against hte Texans, though.

Andre Johnson is getting up there in age. I believe Matt Schuab is too. And signing Ed Reed didn't exactly make them any younger

AJ is still younger than Reggie. Every team has/needs some veterens. Twatt, Cushing, Joseph, Myers , Daniels, Foster, Jackson, etc are going to be around for a while. Plus, their GM is pretty good

I think it'll come down to can the Colts win in Houston or can the Texans win in Indianapolis?  I think the team that is able to win in the other's building will the division and while they could split the match ups I just get the feeling one of them is going to sweep the other this year. 

I will say this I like how the schedule falls for the Colts getting the Texans this year.  They get them in Houston coming off the bye so they should be well prepared for that game and they get them at home in December and Houston's struggles in December recently have been well documented. 

That is still a very, very good 53 man roster.    Better than ours.

They don't have a better QB, though...........

All I'm saying is their 15 minutes might not be up as soon as you think.....

In what world do the Texans have a better team than we do? Too much talk show radio and TV my friend. Don't let them turn you into a yuppee.

Andre Johnson is getting up there in age. I believe Matt Schuab is too. And signing Ed Reed didn't exactly make them any younger

Schuab isn't old for a NFL QB if they are being productive but he isn't young either.  Andre Johnson is starting to get up there in age too especially with the injuries he's had and as we saw with the Colts a couple of years ago it just takes getting old at a couple of spot to have a major impact on the team.  For years the Colts were one of the youngest teams in the NFL because of all the rookies and undrafted free agents they carried to round out the roster while their key parts were getting older so the fact they were one of the younger teams in the league was a bit misleading.

Now with that said Foster is not old and the Texans line is not old and most of their start defensive players are not older.  So I wouldn't call the Texans old.  I think you can say Johnson is old and Schuab is starting to get up there. 

In what world do the Texans have a better team than we do? Too much talk show radio and TV my friend. Don't let them turn you into a yuppee.

There is a difference between having a better roster and having a better team

I keep thinking back to the last game of the season.  One that they needed, and we didn't.

We dominated them in the fourth quarter with a drive that they couldn't stop to ice the game.  JJ Watt made one play in the drive, then was a non factor before they pulled him.  This with an O line that isn't as good as the one we have now.

Schaub did his usual end of the season disappearing act. 

I think it'll come down to can the Colts win in Houston or can the Texans win in Indianapolis?  I think the team that is able to win in the other's building will the division and while they could split the match ups I just get the feeling one of them is going to sweep the other this year. 

I will say this I like how the schedule falls for the Colts getting the Texans this year.  They get them in Houston coming off the bye so they should be well prepared for that game and they get them at home in December and Houston's struggles in December recently have been well documented.

I hate how it falls. The Texans get a bye at the same time we do and then the Texans get extra days to prepare for us when they come to indy.

Picking the Colts to go 8 - 8 is stupid, IMO.  The weakness in the Colts O is still the offensive line.  Colts still cannot run the ball, but we could not run the ball last year either.  Our D is much stronger and the Colts will not be in the position of having to out score the opponent to win any games.  Our O line will get better as the season progresses.  How good remains to be seen. 

I didn't say they have a better team.     I said they have a better roster.  

And the only question I was addressing was that their 15 minutes of fame is up....    that's what another poster had stated.

That said,  I do think they've got a slightly better team.   They have more big play makers (short of QB)...   more difference makers.     That's a well run franchise.    

I think the Colts win 10-11 games this year and the Texans likely win 1 more than we do.    I think we're very close, and we pass them next year.

Just the way I see it this year....   you likely see it differently.

3 player's doesn't exactly make them old. I get Andre Johnson, but they drafted Hopkins for a reason. Schuab is a QB and unless he starts getting sacked a lot he can be around for a bit. Reed is a short term solution because they are wanting to win now.

Their offensive and defensive line as a whole aren't old (except maybe Smith and Myers), their linebackers are young, their secondary is younh and Foster isn't old (yet it might be good for them to lower his load).

looking at both schedules, Texans have the better road/matchups.  Of course Bud Adams thinks the Titans must win the super bowl every year so let's not forget that the Titans are the best team in the division.  In our division, the only thing long in the tooth is Bud Adams. Here's to you, Big Bad Bud...............

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1760046963/budsbirds.jpg&imgrefurl=https://twitter.com/BigBadBudAdams&h=335&w=335&sz=47&tbnid=j3AJCAw35M5vgM:&tbnh=97&tbnw=97&zoom=1&usg=__gbgt5qwjxGa4iTHqafdzPSOcc40=&docid=ZA8Pma39hzJAWM&sa=X&ei=o3AeUpbjF9GyygHzv4GAAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CJ4BEP4dMAs

It could go either way they have a good team and Watt is possibly the best defensive player in the NFL. The wild card is that Luck will be better than last year but how much better? If Luck improves incrementally (little better each year) then the Texans must fold to lose it, but if Luck improves exponentially then it's the Colts who will win the division at the end.

I hate the Texans but they have a deeper roster than we do currently. No way of denying this

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232210/article/afc-south-preview-will-colts-or-texans-finish-on-top

Four writers with NFL.com are split on who will win the AFC south. Two writers think the Texans are getting a little long in the tooth.

I think the Colts will be improved but their record will not come close to last year. I look for Texas to win the division by a substantial margin. I also think they have a great chance to beat the Colts twice this year. Houston is much better on defense and better coached in that aspect of the game.