Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton and Eli Manning music video.

Dustin

Though not original, seeing the Mannings in those outfits was hilarious. Peyton's longer face is a little more friendly to acting and a variety of options on the hair front. Eli is just baby faced with fewer cinematic options, IMO. :)

"What would Alexander Graham Bell think about football on your phone?" --Peyton Manning

"Who cares? He's dead" --Eli Manning

And people say that History is so boring... haha  I love that part actually.  :lol:  :funny:  lmao  SW1 has always been a history buff that's probably why it struck as hilarious.  :thmup:

as bad as this was, it wasnt butt bad as pop rocks and lollypops. that was terrible

Neither particularly perked up my ears either lol. But I like seeing that these guys aren't just football robots that don't have fun. Rapping is best left to actual rappers though lol

Neither particularly perked up my ears either lol. But I like seeing that these guys aren't just football robots that don't have fun. Rapping is best left to actual rappers though lol

Actually rap would best be obliterated from human history. Or erased from everyone's memory, and burred in a place where no-body can ever find it. Put up a lot of "radio-notevenremotelycloseto-active" signs to scare off trespassers.

At least this TV spot is better than that dumb one with Eli Manning & Deion Sanders as large winged flies...

I picture RG3 in an AFLAC Insurance commercial given his knee injury. "If your hurt & can't work. stay protected" i.e. peace of mind kind of thing QuizBoy.

It just bothers SW1 when Rap & Hip Hop musicians so devoid of talent as a musical genre are over saturated & used for so many scores in movies & TV spots today. It's so depressing. Sigh...JMO...Besides, they often steal classic songs from better artists anyway. Ripoffs do not count as original works of inspiration in my book. 

Actually rap would best be obliterated from human history. Or erased from everyone's memory, and burred in a place where no-body can ever find it. Put up a lot of "radio-notevenremotelycloseto-active" signs to scare off trespassers.

For the bad stuff sure, but there is a lot of good rap too. Listen to Lupe Fiasco(Show goes on for example) and similar rappers. They are actually worth listening too.

For the bad stuff sure, but there is a lot of good rap too. Listen to Lupe Fiasco(Show goes on for example) and similar rappers. They are actually worth listening too.

I tend to fall on MAC's perspective on the Rap question, but SW1 will concede with Kenny that not all Rap is notoriously awful. Rap is not singing though; it's sustained talking with rhymes sprinkled in. True musicians sing & they don't hide behind synthesizers and recorded guitar riffs. 

Actually country would best be obliterated from human history. Or erased from everyone's memory, and burred in a place where no-body can ever find it. Put up a lot of "radio-notevenremotelycloseto-active" signs to scare off trespassers.

Fixed that for you :)

Fixed that for you :)

If you were trying to tweak me, you missed the mark, because I couldn't agree more. :P Over the years I've grown to like some of the more modern "country" such as Garth Brooks, the Dixie Chicks, etc. But the stuff that passed for country for years!!!!!!!!!!!! NO thank you. I had a job in the 80's where the woman next to me belligerently insisted on putting Top 40 Country on the group radio that we all shared. After a few months I thought that I was going to lose my mind. It certainly didn't help me concentrate on my work. I eventually moved my seat - damaging my relationship with some people, and through that my prospects at the company. I just couldn't take it.

The punchline is that it was MY radio. But in general I detest country, but I love music, so there are exceptions to every rule.

Similar to the above, in all seriousness I'm sure that there are some things that I'd like. The more rap evolves over time (inevitable because it was so incredibly one dimensional that something had to give) the more it ends up sounding like actual music - and some of that is good. I grabbed one video from the artist you mentioned and it was essentially a pop song - with some rap mixed in for effect. The music was fine, the singing was fine, and the limited rap served as a punctuation which was fine as well. In addition the commentators were focusing on the fact that the artist has something to say beside the typically rude/cruel/misogynistic/self absorbed garbage that passes for lyrics in so much of the industry. Believe me, I can respect that. Rap can be poetry set to a beat if the writer has a brain. But when a song is nothing but a relentless drone of meaningless drivel over a overwhelmingly heavy beat, I'm both bored and irritated by it.

I like when songs I like are sampled into new songs, with rap added for effect (like The Fugees "Killing me softly"). They can be clever and interesting interpretations - that one for instance makes Roberta Flack seem dull. Of course I like Reggae which helps. And speaking of clever, I like it when the lyrics are actually understandable to me and smart - like some of Eminem's that I've heard. And I can think of one of his numbers - "Lose Yourself" from 8 mile which is just a great SONG. Is it rap? I have no idea. I was so taken with it that I watched parts of the movie repeatedly and ended up DVDing it. And speaking of The Fugees, I saw a special on public television with Wyclef Jean years ago and was VERY impressed. He can play anything, and is extremely smart and extremely talented.

I'm sure that there are tons of rap/hip hop songs that I would enjoy, just like there used to be some disco that I loved (while still counting the days until the entire phenomenon perished) . I essentially just don't care about it all, but when I'm watching an awards show and someone comes on to play something which I find just horrific to the point of causing physical pain - yet the audience reacts like the Beatles just reunited - including the dead ones - it makes me literally fear for the future of humanity. (Or at least irritates the living :cuss: out of me - depending on my mood.  haha)

If you were trying to tweak me, you missed the mark, because I couldn't agree more. :P Over the years I've grown to like some of the more modern "country" such as Garth Brooks, the Dixie Chicks, etc. But the stuff that passed for country for years!!!!!!!!!!!! NO thank you. I had a job in the 80's where the woman next to me belligerently insisted on putting Top 40 Country on the group radio that we all shared. After a few months I thought that I was going to lose my mind. It certainly didn't help me concentrate on my work. I eventually moved my seat - damaging my relationship with some people, and through that my prospects at the company. I just couldn't take it.

The punchline is that it was MY radio. But in general I detest country, but I love music, so there are exceptions to every rule.

Similar to the above, in all seriousness I'm sure that there are some things that I'd like. The more rap evolves over time (inevitable because it was so incredibly one dimensional that something had to give) the more it ends up sounding like actual music - and some of that is good. I grabbed one video from the artist you mentioned and it was essentially a pop song - with some rap mixed in for effect. The music was fine, the singing was fine, and the limited rap served as a punctuation which was fine as well. In addition the commentators were focusing on the fact that the artist has something to say beside the typically rude/cruel/misogynistic/self absorbed garbage that passes for lyrics in so much of the industry. Believe me, I can respect that. Rap can be poetry set to a beat if the writer has a brain. But when a song is nothing but a relentless drone of meaningless drivel over a overwhelmingly heavy beat, I'm both bored and irritated by it.

I like when songs I like are sampled into new songs, with rap added for effect (like The Fugees "Killing me softly"). They can be clever and interesting interpretations - that one for instance makes Roberta Flack seem dull. Of course I like Reggae which helps. And speaking of clever, I like it when the lyrics are actually understandable to me and smart - like some of Eminem's that I've heard. And I can think of one of his numbers - "Lose Yourself" from 8 mile which is just a great SONG. Is it rap? I have no idea. I was so taken with it that I watched parts of the movie repeatedly and ended up DVDing it. And speaking of The Fugees, I saw a special on public television with Wyclef Jean years ago and was VERY impressed. He can play anything, and is extremely smart and extremely talented.

I'm sure that there are tons of rap/hip hop songs that I would enjoy, just like there used to be some disco that I loved (while still counting the days until the entire phenomenon perished) . I essentially just don't care about it all, but when I'm watching an awards show and someone comes on to play something which I find just horrific to the point of causing physical pain - yet the audience reacts like the Beatles just reunited - including the dead ones - it makes me literally fear for the future of humanity. (Or at least irritates the living :cuss: out of me - depending on my mood. haha)

haha naw just tweaking my least favorite genre. My fiancé is a huge country fan, so unfortunately I know quite a few songs, and their words :(

I'm sure that there are tons of rap/hip hop songs that I would enjoy, just like there used to be some disco that I loved (while still counting the days until the entire phenomenon perished) . I essentially just don't care about it all, but when I'm watching an awards show and someone comes on to play something which I find just horrific to the point of causing physical pain - yet the audience reacts like the Beatles just reunited - including the dead ones - it makes me literally fear for the future of humanity. (Or at least irritates the living :cuss: out of me - depending on my mood.  haha)

Can agree/respect that. I enjoy good music regardless of genre. Common, Andre 3000, and Kid Kudi's non depressing songs are the main things I go too when I'm feeling rap. I mainly stick to my soft/alternative/90s rock though.

Funny. But I still think "Football Cops" was better.

As for rap. Bust out some Wu-Tang Clan Enter the 36 Chambers. Best rap album of all time in my book. Made in 1992. Fantastic stuff. Coming from a guy who just got done watching the Alice In Chains Unplugged set.

Do not bother because when people have that hardcore of a view nothing will change their mind because they think all rap is like the pop rap they hear that is overplayed.  Now when it comes to their music it will be entirely different.  

The video was all kinds of awesome and had me laughing the whole time.  I love that guys like Eli and Peyton do not take themselves so seriously and can have fun like this. If you did not enjoy this video and have a little laugh you need to get over yourself.

The video was all kinds of awesome and had me laughing the whole time.  I love that guys like Eli and Peyton do not take themselves so seriously and can have fun like this. If you did not enjoy this video and have a little laugh you need to get over yourself.

I found it a bit awkward but those two fellas have a real talent for making fun of themselves. When I see guys like Brian Orakpo, Matt Ryan and Tom Brady trying to pull the same shtick, it's just not the same. 

Only the Manning's could pull that cheesy gig off as well as they did.