Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton and Eli Manning music video.

Dustin

Do not bother because when people have that hardcore of a view nothing will change their mind because they think all rap is like the pop rap they hear that is overplayed.  Now when it comes to their music it will be entirely different.  

And............. did you bother reading my second post? You are so busy telling him how judgemental I am (without having the courtesy to include me in the conversation) that you fail to see the irony of how judgemental YOU are.

Please tell me what "my" music is? I'm a child of the 70's and own hundreds of rock albums/cds, but I also own/love blues, country, reggae, disco, pop and most every other form of music imaginable. I took piano lessons as a kid and own/love plenty of classical. I own/love several broadway soundtracks and am physically addicted to everything related to Les Mis. In about 1982/3 I worked with a guy who would sing Grandmaster Flash's "The Message", and based on that alone I bought it. As a new cultural phenomenon, I thought rap was fascinating. Somewhere we also have Gregorian chants, new age music, African music, Irish music,  Edith Piaf,  Charles Aznavour, John Phillip Sousa, Pavoratti and Burl Ives - to mention but a random sampling.

Can you say the same, or are you two busy with YOUR music?

My mind is completely open - raised in an atmosphere of intellectual curiosity that most people I've met can't relate to, and sometimes seem uncomfortable with. I love good music in virtually every form - including rap. The problem that I was trying to identify is that a disturbingly high percentage of the rap I've heard isn't good by any historical definition from any culture - it's designed to be an assault on the senses involving obnoxious and repetitive throbbing rythyms, under a barrage of words that far more resembles getting yelled at by someone in a foreign language than it does singing. The voice is a musical instrument, but rap doesn't use it. In fact it abuses it. It's all about "the message", and on too many occasions I find the message offensive or disturbing.

I'm quite confident that all rap isn't created equal, and that there are plenty of smart/creative people who are pushing the image I describe aside, but I don't have the time to sort through and find new music from the genres that I actually LIKE, much less one that I more often than not find jarring and unpleasant to listen to.

Peyton's hair, for some reason, reminded me of "The Wedding Singer."

MV5BMjI0MDUzNDY5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUy

Overall that was pretty funny but I have to admit, a little awkward too. Not so much the rap as the PG-13 innuendo at times, lol...

haha.. i caught some of the 'lyrics' as round about nature. 'dad likes some...' ya.. then Peyton gives Eli this look like 'dont go there' lol

And............. did you bother reading my second post? You are so busy telling him how judgemental I am (without having the courtesy to include me in the conversation) that you fail to see the irony of how judgemental YOU are.

Please tell me what "my" music is? I'm a child of the 70's and own hundreds of rock albums/cds, but I also own/love blues, country, reggae, disco, pop and most every other form of music imaginable. I took piano lessons as a kid and own/love plenty of classical. I own/love several broadway soundtracks and am physically addicted to everything related to Les Mis. In about 1982/3 I worked with a guy who would sing Grandmaster Flash's "The Message", and based on that alone I bought it. As a new cultural phenomenon, I thought rap was fascinating. Somewhere we also have Gregorian chants, new age music, African music, Irish music,  Edith Piaf,  Charles Aznavour, John Phillip Sousa, Pavoratti and Burl Ives - to mention but a random sampling.

Can you say the same, or are you two busy with YOUR music?

My mind is completely open - raised in an atmosphere of intellectual curiosity that most people I've met can't relate to, and sometimes seem uncomfortable with. I love good music in virtually every form - including rap. The problem that I was trying to identify is that a disturbingly high percentage of the rap I've heard isn't good by any historical definition from any culture - it's designed to be an assault on the senses involving obnoxious and repetitive throbbing rythyms, under a barrage of words that far more resembles getting yelled at by someone in a foreign language than it does singing. The voice is a musical instrument, but rap doesn't use it. In fact it abuses it. It's all about "the message", and on too many occasions I find the message offensive or disturbing.

I'm quite confident that all rap isn't created equal, and that there are plenty of smart/creative people who are pushing the image I describe aside, but I don't have the time to sort through and find new music from the genres that I actually LIKE, much less one that I more often than not find jarring and unpleasant to listen to.

Well said MAC! I think very highly of you myself & I find you to be very intelligent, diverse, witty, very sophisticated in your musical tastes, & a deep critical thinker which is why SW1 reads everything that you write.  Exactly, rappers seldom use their voices singing or harmonizing. That is my primary problem with it. Talking is not singing. SW1 has a similar problem with thrash metal artists who growl or shout endlessly too. If a person cannot perform a vocal warm up scale or incorporate different pitches into their stage act, I view them not as musicians or genuine performers, but as studio cheaters & frauds plain & simple.