Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DC Manusky: "Chapman working with the first unit"

MTC

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it doesn't mean much since it's so early in the process but it's interesting. Chapman, Franklin, and Hughes will all battle it out for starting spot for W1.

He's talking about the rookie/first year player mini, right?  I should hope he's working with the first unit there.

I don't think this means he's working with the first unit with the vets - yet.

Grigson was so high on Chapman, that he drafted him, knowing he probably would not play last year. This year his (money in the bank) choice pays off. Colts have a real run stopper at NT.

Yep, the same way the 49ers are gonna let Marcus Lattimore terrorize the league once he gets back healthy behind that illegal offensive line they have.

Stupid 49ers and all their Talent -___-

I know it doesn't mean much since it's so early in the process but it's interesting. Chapman, Franklin, and Hughes will all battle it out for starting spot for W1.

Ehhh, who gets 1 reps is significant.

And I could be mistaken but I do not see too much of a battle there. It is Chapman's spot. The issue is probably going to be how much gas (or HgH) does Franklin have in the tank and based on that, how much will he split snaps with Chapman, McKinney & Tevaseu and which of those three makes the final roster.

He's talking about the rookie/first year player mini, right?  I should hope he's working with the first unit there.

That's the question I had.  If it's just with the rookie camp, I'm not so excited.  If he wasn't, something was wrong.  If it was when everyone one was here, then I'm REALLY excited.  I'm assuming it's the later since technically, he's a second year player (I think).

I don't think Chap is involved with the rookies. I didn't see him in any of the rookie camp photos, but he was active in the workouts last week though. I'm pretty sure they are referring him as "number 1" with the vets.

That's the question I had.  If it's just with the rookie camp, I'm not so excited.  If he wasn't, something was wrong.  If it was when everyone one was here, then I'm REALLY excited.  I'm assuming it's the later since technically, he's a second year player (I think).

I don't believe it is rookie camp because I don't think Chapman was eligible to participate in it, I think he is talking about the OTA's or whatever they are doing right now, here are my D-Line predcitions Starters: Ricky Jean-Francois, Josh Chapman, Cory Redding back ups: Montori Hughes, Aubrayo Franklin, and Fili Moala

I don't believe it is rookie camp because I don't think Chapman was eligible to participate in it, I think he is talking about the OTA's or whatever they are doing right now, here are my D-Line predcitions Starters: Ricky Jean-Francois, Josh Chapman, Cory Redding back ups: Montori Hughes, Aubrayo Franklin, and Fili Moala

Agree with you all the way there player for player.

I think rookie camp is going on right now.  I agree with your starting front.  If Chapman can come through, we had TWO second round picks this year (Davis, Chapman) as I believe Chapman was predicted very high when he came out if not for the recovery time from the injury.

Talk about a strong starting group with depth behind them. Absolutely love that DL rotation.

I think rookie camp is going on right now.  I agree with your starting front.  If Chapman can come through, we had TWO second round picks this year (Davis, Chapman) as I believe Chapman was predicted very high when he came out if not for the recovery time from the injury.

Yes, however there were workouts last week that the vets were all involved in, and Chap was active in those. 

I think Moala will probably start the season on PUP. I still think Nevis has a place on the team.

He's eligible, but you may be right, the text was probably about the vets.

Long way to go to see who starts, but I think they'll rotate the front 7 so much it won't matter.

Ehhh, who gets 1 reps is significant.

And I could be mistaken but I do not see too much of a battle there. It is Chapman's spot. The issue is probably going to be how much gas (or HgH) does Franklin have in the tank and based on that, how much will he split snaps with Chapman, McKinney & Tevaseu and which of those three makes the final roster.

Of course it's significant,  but I don't think it's a big deal in terms of a rookie mini-camp,  if that's what we're talking about?

If he's running with the 1's from the last three weeks, then that's another story...   not sure which it is?    

Are we talking the current mini-camp?   Or the past 3 weeks?

Isn't Franklin still injured? Haven't seen him in any of the pics. He may be taking the starters minutes cause the others are injured.

Now if he legit wins the starters spot. That's a very good thing. Depth is a good problem to have.

Chapman was the immovable object in the middle of a very good Alabama D-Line. With two years as a starter in the NFL Minors (the SEC), and he should be an immediate "plug and play" NT in the big show. I'm really looking forward to seeing this guy play on Sundays.

The Rookies are at Rookie Camp

The Vets are at Workouts, Chapman is with the Vets

Yes, it's busy up there in Indianapolis

Rookie camp also includes first year players. Sambrano, Griffin, and a few others.

I don't know if Chapman is there or not, but he's eligible.

Of course it's significant, but I don't think it's a big deal in terms of a rookie mini-camp, if that's what we're talking about?

If he's running with the 1's from the last three weeks, then that's another story... not sure which it is?

Are we talking the current mini-camp? Or the past 3 weeks?

We're talking the past three weeks of OTAs he been participating in with the vets, he isn't in the rookie minicamp

Im thinking the D Linemen that will make it are:

1.Redding

2.Chapman

3.Franklin

4.Tevasue

5.Nevis

6.Moala

7.Francois

8.Hughes

and either Heard or Guy but I am leaning towards Heard because he can play DE and NT

that leaves

1.Matthews(I actually like how he has been productive when on the field, I can actually see a scenario of us keeping him over Moala).....Question I have about Matthews is stamina related not talent

2.Mckinney

and either Heard or Guy to be cut

1.Redding

2.Chapman

3.Franklin

4.Tevasue

5.Nevis

6.Moala

7.Francois

8.Hughes

and either Heard or Guy but I am leaning towards Heard because he can play DE and NT

that leaves

1.Matthews

2.Mckinney

I agree! Will come down to heard or guy for last spot. Think the others were spot on.

1.Redding

2.Chapman

3.Franklin

4.Tevasue

5.Nevis

6.Moala

7.Francois

8.Hughes

that leaves

1.Matthews(I actually like how he has been productive when on the field, I can actually see a scenario of us keeping him over Moala).....Question I have about Matthews is stamina related not talent

2.Mckinney

Not that I know it matters, but I agree on your list for the most part.  I just want to point out that if cut, Tevaseau and Mathews are not guarantee a dollar, and McKinney is guaranteed 300K.....HMMMM does that matter in the overall picture?  It is not a ton of money, but what would you do....I think I go with whomever plays well and look at Big Mac's injury.....cut my losses and keep Tevaseu.....if we are keeping a NT....

Guy, Heard and Mathews can battle it out....????