Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DC Manusky: "Chapman working with the first unit"

MTC

I dunno about that...Franklin is 32yo/315# with this his 11th year...McKinney is 29yo/345# and this his 8th year.

I could care less what year they are in honestly, If Franklin was in year 15 and Mckinney was in year 12 Im still taken Franklin every time, The worst that could happen is he retires after 1 year and you have to draft a NT or pick one up as a FA, if ya keep Mckinney yeah sure you have a player that is 3 years younger but not close to the talent Franklin is and quite honestly not as good as Tevasue either, Mckinney played on skates to often before he got injured last year, yep he drew more double teams then any of our NT with the exception of Tevasue...good for him.........But he could not hold up against them consistently

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to early.....to say for sure, but this got me pumped I want Chapman to be all we hoped he would.....and I don't care the names, I am geeked that we have options across that D-line and I want the best of the best at each position.........whoever that happens to be.

MJD for 375 = the past

logged in just to like this.  that's all I keep thinking about.  I love how we are gearing up to be a stop the run first team, considering we could very possibly have 3 very good running backs in our division. 

Can't see Chapman starting at this juncture in his recovery and at this level in the NFL.  Not with the injuries he had, way too serious and devastating.  I think he needs more time off and should not be practicing with the first-teamers.  Rest that injury Chapman, please!!  We don't need another Steve Entman.

Can't see Chapman starting at this juncture in his recovery and at this level in the NFL. Not with the injuries he had, way too serious and devastating. I think he needs more time off and should not be practicing with the first-teamers. Rest that injury Chapman, please!! We don't need another Steve Entman.

Or Adrian Peterson! I know right!

Different position and weight class entirely both have some affect, Just with some players more then others

He could of played last year. Pretty sure his knee is fine. Also, a rb's knees seems to me would be way more important to be able to stop, cut, go, break tackles, etc...

Can't see Chapman starting at this juncture in his recovery and at this level in the NFL. Not with the injuries he had, way too serious and devastating. I think he needs more time off and should not be practicing with the first-teamers. Rest that injury Chapman, please!! We don't need another Steve Entman.

I'm pretty sure that ~2 years of recovery/rehabilitation is enough for an ACL tear.

He could of played last year. Pretty sure his knee is fine. Also, a rb's knees seems to me would be way more important to be able to stop, cut, go, break tackles, etc...

I agree, But a NT has to be able to hold up against more then one O Lineman and for that they need to have both knees working good

Can't see Chapman starting at this juncture in his recovery and at this level in the NFL.  Not with the injuries he had, way too serious and devastating.  I think he needs more time off and should not be practicing with the first-teamers.  Rest that injury Chapman, please!!  We don't need another Steve Entman.

Chapman played on one knee at Bama agains the big boys of the SEC.....Knees and legs are soooooooooooo over-rated...who needs em?   :spit:

What exactly do you think happened to Chapman? You're acting like he had a Lattimore injury 6 months ago.

Agreed Brother someone you mentioned ,others left out was Maola,think he makes it as well good call :thmup: Most included him as well but IMO don't see how you can leave him out.Life is looking much deeper and IMO will be vastly improved.Im estatic Chapmans healthy :monkeydance:  :funny:

One thing about Moala that may hurt him is he has a non-guaranteed contract this year...on his one year deal....if someone really stands out he could get cut....

Its possible Brother,but lets hope not

I am not....kind of concerned that knee might be a telling tale.  May come down to how well Mathews, Guy and Heard play.....and the knee.  I don't see Nevis going anywhere and Montori Hughes may be end up being one of our best draft picks. :thmup:

@JimIrsay: Off/Def Lineman,so many 6-3 to 6-7..320-365 lbs/Big,Physical and Nasty! Speaking of size/strength..GM Grig's just might sign "The Icelander"

Who is the Icelander?

@JimIrsay: This 6-9..419 lbs..."The Icelander"...for $200 n Colts T-shirt n Cap...who is this 23 year old Monster Strong Man? 1 guess only by 3pm EST

@JimIrsay: Abby's hatpick for ties....I like him at Nose/3-4 Def...if he can demonstrate enough knee bend at 6-9

I am not....kind of concerned that knee might be a telling tale.  May come down to how well Mathews, Guy and Heard play.....and the knee.  I don't see Nevis going anywhere and Montori Hughes may be end up being one of our best draft picks. :thmup:

With Hughes if he wants it,your exactly right Brother he will be a certified Beast

@JimIrsay: Off/Def Lineman,so many 6-3 to 6-7..320-365 lbs/Big,Physical and Nasty! Speaking of size/strength..GM Grig's just might sign "The Icelander"

Who is the Icelander?

@JimIrsay: This 6-9..419 lbs..."The Icelander"...for $200 n Colts T-shirt n Cap...who is this 23 year old Monster Strong Man? 1 guess only by 3pm EST

@JimIrsay: Abby's hatpick for ties....I like him at Nose/3-4 Def...if he can demonstrate enough knee bend at 6-9

HMMMM....the Strongest Man Competition has been on....By Jove I think I've got it....419 pounds.

http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/athlete/thor-bjornsson/

Who is the Icelander?

I busted out a protractor, compass, a herioglyphics decoding tool, and drank a fifth of whiskey and I still can't figure out Irsay's tweets. 

One thing about Moala that may hurt him is he has a non-guaranteed contract this year...on his one year deal....if someone really stands out he could get cut....

Which is good for us. Makes him want to play harder. Or if someone is outplaying him we good move in another direction

Who is the Icelander?

This little slip of a thing: http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/athlete/thor-bjornsson/

One thing about Moala that may hurt him is he has a non-guaranteed contract this year...on his one year deal....if someone really stands out he could get cut....

I get the impression that Moala is held in very high regard by this staff.  I think they believe he is part of the core DL rotation if healthy.  The contract he has may give the Colts all the leverage, but the fact that he has one and had it before the start of free agency was an interesting statement by both parties.  There are a lot of vets hanging around out there without contracts.  With the PUP option, I think there is almost zero chance he gets cut before mid-year.