Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did you agree with Flacco getting the SB MVP?

buffalo34

I thought it was a tossup between him, Jones, and Boldin. Jones had of course the kickoff return TD and the TD on the bomb by Flacco, while Boldin I believe had a TD and numerous critical catches throughout the game, especially late in the game where they needed him to move the chains.

No. Bolden or Jones should have won it. Joe Hail Mary Flacco just threw it up for grabs. Those WR's make him look good. End of discussion.

That's a whole lot of Joe Flacco HATE on display there.    Pure hate. 

Hey,  it's your opinion and you're entitled....   just wanted to share with you how others might read it.     H-A-T-E!

That's a whole lot of Joe Flacco HATE on display there. Pure hate.

Hey, it's your opinion and you're entitled.... just wanted to share with you how others might read it. H-A-T-E!

And your WRONG.. Lemme break it down some more.. W.R.O.N.G.

So, your taking away credit to the WR corps he has that made beyond outstanding catches yesterday and throughout the playoffs? Bolden is a stud of a WR. Joe can and does throw it up for grabs and has Bolden do his thing. Same went with Jones. They make him look good. I fail to see where that is pure hate as you so rudely put it.

And your WRONG.. Lemme break it down some more.. W.R.O.N.G.

So, your taking away credit to the WR corps he has that made beyond outstanding catches yesterday and throughout the playoffs? Bolden is a stud of a WR. Joe can and does throw it up for grabs and has Bolden do his thing. Same went with Jones. They make him look good. I fail to see where that is pure hate as you so rudely put it.

I won't waste a minute of your time or mine arguing/debating this.

I'll just let your posts speak for themselves.    Others here can agree or disagree with you.

Good luck with that.

No. Bolden or Jones should have won it. Joe Hail Mary Flacco just threw it up for grabs. Those WR's make him look good. End of discussion.

I would have given it to Jacoby Jones...but Flacco git it for being the playoff MVP....and woth no interceoptions...that's hard to argue.

I still dont think he's a top QB....but he's won an NF: title and many havent

It was almost like a postseason MVP given to him in a way. 11 TDs and no picks? Tied Montana for that I believe......

Did Peyton deserve it over Rhodes or even Addai in the Super Bowl vs. the Bears?

Did Eli deserve it over maybe Justin Tuck or any pass rusher in the Super Bowl over the Pats in 2007?

A SB win is a SB win too regardless of who gets the MVP in the game.

Yes, the right man won it. Those TD passes were highly accurate and thrown without hesitation.

If Brady, (either) Manning, or Rodgers had thrown those passes, the announcers would've been bloviating endlessly about how awesome the TD passes were. Instead, it's just dumb 'ol Joe and they barely mentioned his name after the throws. 

Joe was splendid.  over 66% completion rate (22-33), 3 TD's , no picks.  287 yards (that's not an ecessively large number with 22 completions), no fumbles, always cool and unflappable. In_A_Super_Bowl. The type of numbers fans here wanted Andrew Luck to put up this year. Yes, I'm fine with it.

"in my shower singing voice" -

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8889376

My thought is he won it by default. Good game. But its a QB driven league, so if there is a shadow of a doubt, they are going to get it.

Anquan should have been in the running. As well as Jones. But in the end, I cant argue with it to much.

Interesting fact tho. Flacco finished 22/33 287yds 3TDs...13/20 192yds, 3Tds in the first half....9/13 95yds 0TDs in the second half.....

He played great so he deserved it.

I have never seen a QB be able to just wing it in the air like Flacco does. I swear they play with extra men. A Raven is always around, and OPEN, WIDE OPEN. Never seen that before.

haha  I said the same thing last night while watching the game....   I started to feel like a broken record..

"How did he do that.."..???     or  "How did they do that.."..???     And yes, I agree he deserved it.   He really stepped up throughout the Playoffs and Super Bowl  and got the job done. 

btw  FX,  it worries me when I  agree with you      :shifty:      j/k  ;)   :hello:

haha  I said the same thing last night while watching the game....   I started to feel like a broken record..

"How did he do that.."..???     or  "How did they do that.."..???     And yes, I agree he deserved it.   He really stepped up throughout the Playoffs and Super Bowl  and got the job done. 

btw  FX,  it worries me when I  agree with you      :shifty:      j/k  ;)   :hello:

:shifty: Gramz haha

You should worry if you agree with me. That "senior citizen" claim might be coming true. ;) Of course I kid! 

Flacco played great. It was a great game to watch. I was hoping for the 9ers to comeback. I was ready to coin Kaep-tain Comeback. haha

Yes, the right man won it. Those TD passes were highly accurate and thrown without hesitation.

If Brady, (either) Manning, or Rodgers had thrown those passes, the announcers would've been bloviating endlessly about how awesome the TD passes were. Instead, it's just dumb 'ol Joe and they barely mentioned his name after the throws. 

The TD pas to jones was pretty bad..way under thrown. Not that he didn't deserve mvp

The TD pas to jones was pretty bad..way under thrown. Not that he didn't deserve mvp

haha    "TD Pass"   "pretty bad"   and "way under thrown"      three  different   descriptions of the same play...  :?:

must not have been  that bad,  or that  Under thrown  if it resulted in a :td:  

just messin' with ya   :hide:

Absolutely the right man won it. I didn't think that there would be any controversy about that.

After Jone's kick return I thought that he might get it because his two long individual plays broke the game open. If it had turned into a rout anything that happened after that point would have been diluted, and Jones might have been "the story". But the game did go on from there, and Flacco did everything that he needed to do to win the game. Extending plays over and over again -completing huge passes when it looked like he should throw it away, that late drive to force the 49ers to need a TD after a ramped up 49ers defense had seemingly gotten their number (the announcers spoke of the incredibly shape that they niners d was in, I thought that the the Ravens were fading late in the face of it. Suddenly they weren't.) 66.6% completion rate, Three TDs, and perhaps most importantly no interceptions. Nothing fazed the man. Sure, Boldin was terrific, but a WR would have to have twice the yardage and a lot more than one TD to get serious consideration when the QB is playing that well.

By the way, I was delighted to hear the announcers repeatedly compliment Jim Caldwell. I'm very happy for him.

Bolden is amazing but....QB league. Flacco made enough plays to win MVP when considering MVP will go to QB unless he was horrible :)

I agree Broncolt. WR Bolden was amazing catching anything near him. Heck, he'd even make me look good at QB & that says something. haha But JJ sadly is right NFL QB's typically win all the shiny awards & major hardware. It burns me because defensive players never get enough respect in this league, but QBs are like prom queens they always get the glory, fame, money, & attention & they seldom deserve it. IMO. No picks thrown in a SB is pretty impressive in a SB with a long delay in the middle of it. Flacco keep his cool throughout & that cannot be dismissed or overlooked either.

As much as I hate to admit this, Flacco doesn't get rattled easily & he does win Playoff games consistently against the best teams in the AFC: NE, INDY, Pittsburg, etc. etc. He will get serious franchise money now even though I still don't consider him elite as a field general. Look at Baltimore o-line, d-line, secondary, & GM...Flacco should be decent will all those nice pieces around him & an impressive ground game. Let's see how Flacco performs once Ray Lewis is gone & Ed Reed lands in Foxboro.

That's the real test: 2 spectacular leaders are gone & with more money comes higher benchmarks & expectations. Also with such a huge 2nd contract, cuts to other players will have to be made on the roster. It's unavoidable...Can Flacco do more with less? Is he ready to assume the mantle of being the sole face of the Ravens franchise? Time will tell.

BTW OC Jim Caldwell, stay in Baltimore, it is the perfect spot for you. No head coaching gigs for you ever again. It's not in your DNA: Being a natural leader of men. Call offensive plays & chill in Maryland for awhile. It's a darn nice place to work.

Champ Bailey made Flacco look good too , Why did'nt he get the MVP ?

I'm no Flacco fan , But he threw the passes where they needed to be . And because they'd practiced those types of plays the receivers went up and grabbed the ball as practiced . Making the play based on hours & hours of repetition between QB & receivers makes both look good . The QB will get a fat pay check while the receivers will as well some wheres else . Most likely .

Not unlike the Peyton Manning to Marvin Harrison in the corner of the end zone . Practiced to perfection .Lots of time invested.

Reggie Wayne has made some spectacular catches that's what the good ones do .

The End :thmup:

At least Reggie never made Luck look good right? ...oh yea. Flacco was hot this whole post season, giv him his dues. He didnt throw a single pick. Say what you want but thats impressive. He outperformed Luck, Manning and Brady on his route to the SB and then played an excellent game vs an outstanding 49er defense.

Oh yea and those "hail marys" where either back shoulder fades, or just thrown up high where only Boldin could make a play. You know...the reason why Colts fans have been asking for a big receiver with that ability for years.

Im not saying hes elite all im saying is he played an excellent post season and is well deserving of the SB and the SB MVP. However I will admit I am confused by the hate, I never saw Flacco as a good enough player to "hate" Since there is no point in having negative feelings towards a mediocre QB. He has always been just another qb it me and will continue to be. The only reason one "hates" on a player is because hes either a great player or was a bust for your team. Flaccos not a Colts QB therefore you must feel he has talent then?