Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saturday switches to afc for one final snap with Manning [Merge]

subvet

Yeah, I posted this under general as they aren't Colts anymore.  Big argument on here last year as to where to put "Manning" posts and I didn't want to break the consensus.

This is NOT directed at you so please do not take it that way.

However, if Colts fans honestly can't handle talking about two of the greatest former Colts coming together to have one of the best moments an all-star game has ever seen then they need to grow up some.  Yes they are Ex Colts but tonight was only special because of all the time they spent together as Colts and any Colts fan should be able to enjoy that moment on the Colts forum without someone going "They aren't Colts anymore."  Some people will always be Colts Saturday and Peyton are two of them even if they finish their careers else were. 

I'm not trying to be a butt or anything....

But the forum topic for Colts football should only be about Colts players.

If Jeff Saturday and Peyton Manning sharing a moment because of all the time they spent as Colts players doesn't count as talking about Colts football I am not sure what does.  That moment sure wasn't special because one is a Bronco and one is a Packer now. 

I understand people don't want the Broncos break down every week with Peyton here but something like tonight very much ties to their time as a Colt and frankly it probably meant more to Colts fans than it did to Packers or Broncos fans. 

I get they are on another team now but they will always be colts and honestly I only posted it here, even after seeing the thread in general, for those that only view this section of the website (i stay away from ot and draft sections so I imagine there are others that don't view certain sections namely general).

This moment has nothing to do with Peyton and Denver. Nor does it have to do with Jeff and Green Bay. Denver and Green Bay fans could care less about this.

This is a Colts moment. This belongs here.

I'm sitting there thinking something is wrong with the huddle, then as they lined up again I'm thinking I don't remember that helmet (AFC). It was after the snap I realized it was "The last snap".

Whether this is a Colts, NFL or NBA thread it doesn't matter it was a class act!

I actually went against my own inclination & recorded the 2013 ProBowl on DVR. Why? Because I knew that this would be Jeff Saturday's last NFL run & I revere that man & everything he stands for. I love #63 & that was the greatest ProBowl moment tonight hands down...1 final snap for the INDY ages...It was spectacular!!! Peyton & Jeff truly an honor to watch all those years together. Thank you gentlemen. Thank you. 

Threads about Bert Jones or Johnny U are no more or less relevant to Colts football. Saturday and Manning represent two key players for the duration of what was an epic era of colts football. 

The fact that this needs to be explained just makes me furious.

Threads about Bert Jones or Johnny U are no more or less relevant to Colts football. Saturday and Manning represent two key players for the duration  of what was an epic era of colts football. 

The fact that this needs to be explained just makes me furious.

I understand that and I probably started the whole thing while trying to placate the members that were so indignant last year when we had the debate about having a "Manning" section here, the final decision being for us to use NFL General for the purpose.

I really had no intent to stir it up, I just wanted to post of my admiration for the man whos' jersey I wore to games and for the quarterback that led my favorite team to greatness.

The fact that I have to explain myself may or may not assuage the emotion I stirred up but I had to justify my original intent.

I understand that and I probably started the whole thing while trying to placate the members that were so indignant last year when we had the debate about having a "Manning" section here, the final decision being for us to use NFL General for the purpose.

I really had no intent to stir it up, I just wanted to post of my admiration for the man whos' jersey I wore to games and for the quarterback that led my favorite team to greatness.

The fact that I have to explain myself may or may not assuage the emotion I stirred up but I had to justify my original intent.

Aye....there's no need for you to explain anything, sir. 

I'm not sure if open wounds still fester with some here, but you put this thread in the right spot and nobody should have cause for protest. 

This is NOT directed at you so please do not take it that way.

However, if Colts fans honestly can't handle talking about two of the greatest former Colts coming together to have one of the best moments an all-star game has ever seen then they need to grow up some.  Yes they are Ex Colts but tonight was only special because of all the time they spent together as Colts and any Colts fan should be able to enjoy that moment on the Colts forum without someone going "They aren't Colts anymore."  Some people will always be Colts Saturday and Peyton are two of them even if they finish their careers else were. 

I don't think I've seen one Colts fan on any forum I've read yet today that did not say "that was awesome". (Doesn't mean there aren't a few somewhere....)

This moment has nothing to do with Peyton and Denver. Nor does it have to do with Jeff and Green Bay. Denver and Green Bay fans could care less about this.

This is a Colts moment. This belongs here.

Well said - haven't yet seen a Bronco or GB fan have any issue with this. (But sure someone will...)

Kind of funny that their last play was a run for a loss.

Think of it as an homage to Jeff's desire to run the ball. A point of contention displayed quite passionately in that now infamous incident of Peyton and Jeff having "words" over playcalling all those years ago. 

Do no think the choice of play was arbitrary. The fact that it resulted in a loss of yards is moot. 

Think of it as an homage to Jeff's desire to run the ball. A point of contention displayed quite passionately in that now infamous incident of Peyton and Jeff having "words" over playcalling all those years ago. 

Do no think the choice of play was arbitrary. The fact that it resulted in a loss of yards is moot. 

It's a general rule that o-line like to run the ball because normally when they are pass blocking they are being defensive and just trying to keep people from hitting the QB.  When they play run defense they get to attack the other lineman and be aggressive. 

It's a general rule that o-line like to run the ball because normally when they are pass blocking they are being defensive and just trying to keep people from hitting the QB.  When they play run defense they get to attack the other lineman and be aggressive. 

Yep. 

I'll add, Saturday destroyed his man. The loss of yardage was in no way Jeff's fault.