Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Manning Attend Games?

Zachris

I didn't see a thread or post, but wanted to know people's thoughts.

Should Manning attend our games and be down there with a headset on?

Personally, I think he should. If he can't be on the field, I don't see why he couldn't be helping on the side lines, giving Collins advice and such and maybe even telling him something he sees on the field.

Caldwell said he didn't know if he would go to Houston, I say GO Manning and help us win, even if you can't be on the field.

Yes he definitely should. After each drive he always looks at the printouts of the other team's defense. He could help Collins and the rest of the offense decipher how to exploit the defense. While his arm may be injured, his mind is still the best in the league IMO and he can still help the team.

Yes he definitely should. After each drive he always looks at the printouts of the other team's defense. He could help Collins and the rest of the offense decipher how to exploit the defense. While his arm may be injured, his mind is still the best in the league IMO and he can still help the team.

I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading.

This board must be the laughing stock of the league.

I'm sure fans of other teams are peeing their pants laughing so hard at some of these posts.

I guess Manning's BRAIN is injured too, huh?

Who better to read defenses and help Collins along.

Put him up in the booth to see the field more clearly. And when Collins isn't on the field, SUPER GLUE a phone to his ear with manning on the other end.

Settle down, you're gonna burst a blood vessel!

I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading.

This board must be the laughing stock of the league.

I'm sure fans of other teams are peeing their pants laughing so hard at some of these posts.

I guess Manning's BRAIN is injured too, huh?

Who better to read defenses and help Collins along.

Put him up in the booth to see the field more clearly. And when Collins isn't on the field, SUPER GLUE a phone to his ear with manning on the other end.

Settle down, you're gonna burst a blood vessel!

What are you talking about? I asked this based off Phillip Wilson's tweet that Caldwell didn't know if he was going to make the trip or not. Unless he is having another thing done to his neck, I felt he would be there. When I saw that, I guess there was doubt, maybe it was more due to maybe him having more done to his neck this weekend, but I think it is a valid question. A lot of players hurt DON'T make the trip.

So maybe you need to settle down? And not burst a blood vessel?

I say no stay at home get away from the game stress free and relax and get plenty of rest and heal as fast as he can

If he stayed home and watched the game, would that not be some of the funniest stuff? Can you see him yelling at the TV, going crazy that a flag wasn't thrown? Cheering if we score? haha Or him sitting there, saying what he would be saying on the field, if he was under center!

Personally, I think he should. If he can't be on the field, I don't see why he couldn't be helping on the side lines, giving Collins advice and such and maybe even telling him something he sees on the field.

Caldwell said he didn't know if he would go to Houston, I say GO Manning and help us win, even if you can't be on the field.

Rehab, Rehab, Rehab. Negative.

Well considering he just had a 3rd neck surgery confirmed today, I would say he needs to sit out the first game, but that's just me, and I can't speak for how bad Peyton is hurting both physically and mentally right now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82209234/article/colts-manning-undergoes-third-neck-surgery-in-19-months?module=HP11_headline_stack

As soon as he's feeling up to it, and desires to do so, yes, he should.

Having heard that he won't make the Houston trip, I'm wondering is CBS has already contacted him for permission to watch the game with him on his couch, so they can offer live updates of his emotions. Naw, that'd be FOX.

A fusion is a heck of a lot more serious than his first surgery. I doubt he'll be cleared to be on the sidelines that quickly.

I'm not into knowing medical stuff, so that's news to me. For all I knew it was a similar procedure. I guess I learned something new today.

I would imagine if there's any doubt about him being on the sidelines at Houston then it's because they're not sure if he'll physically be ready to be there after today's surgery. Once he's healed enough to be on the sidelines then he will be on the sidelines.

He shouldn't travel with the team, just focus on his rehab and getting better. Peyton said before about how Dallas Clack couldn't even go to the Colts games last year because it was too agonizing for him emotionally. Imagine how Peyton would be feeling. Nothing is really beneifited by Peyton being there. Peyton isn't going to give the colts a better chance to win. Yes he's O-coorindator on the field, which means he's changing the play 2,3,4 even 5 times before it's finally snapped. That kind of knowledge and adjustment can't be transferred to Collins. And part of Peyton's greatness with being an O-coordinator is that he can make the final play work. He can really sell the play action considering our poor running game. He can make the throw his adjusted play right-before-the-snap needs. Peyton calls a play because he knows he can fit it in there, he can't call a play for Collins because Collins doesn't have that time of percision that the plays Mannning runs requires.

Yes.

As many have said in so many words.....he's a huge asset to the team even on the sidelines.

What are you talking about? I asked this based off Phillip Wilson's tweet that Caldwell didn't know if he was going to make the trip or not. Unless he is having another thing done to his neck, I felt he would be there. When I saw that, I guess there was doubt, maybe it was more due to maybe him having more done to his neck this weekend, but I think it is a valid question. A lot of players hurt DON'T make the trip.

So maybe you need to settle down? And not burst a blood vessel?

haha

Sry dude.

It won't be happening if what I heard is true. I heard on NFLN that the typical rehab for this surgery includes one month with minimal to no walking. That means bed rest and not traveling around a stadium and walking around to wear a headset. His value on our sidelines can't be overestimated, but his value in being healthy for the rest of his career overshadows it.

If he is healthy enough to be there, he will be there

I think he will get picked up as a broadcaster and will be announcing games this year. Everyone wants to get a preview of what he'll be doing after he retires. Maybe they replace Deion for a year, that would be awesome.

Seriously doubt that happens. Why would he be commenting on teams and players that he may ultimately have to face again?

I don't see any reason why he shouldn't attend games. He can help in game-planning/halftime adjustments, help Collins out with defensive tendencies, etc. He should definitely attend the games and contribute in any way that he can.

It's not always considered a safe environment for someone needing to avoid all contact especially if he can't move quickly to get out the way of incoming players to the sidelines.