Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donnie Butter Fingers

krunk

What is up with this dude and these dropped passes? He especially seems to like to drop them against Tennessee. He dropped a touchdown right at the goaline the last time we played them, and then today he drops one right in the endzone. That wasn't even the only drop on the day. Dude has to fix this stuff and be more consistent. Don't get me wrong, I thank him for what he did last week but I had to speak on this.

eh I agree but without looking at numbers I bet he does not even lead the team in drops, He has to catch the easy ones though, to much potential to let it go to waste do to lack of concentration

I still like Donnie, but I expect a bit more from him because he's a veteran. The rookies get a bit of a pass, but I don't like when they do it either. I just think Donnie can be more consistent. To his credit he did make a pretty key 3rd down catch today. I'll give him that.

I still like Donnie, but I expect a bit more from him because he's a veteran. The rookies get a bit of a pass, but I don't like when they do it either. I just think Donnie can be more consistent. To his credit he did make a pretty key 3rd down catch today. I'll give him that.

What I want is a big tall WR that can go up and get the ball LATE in the draft

What I want is a big tall WR that can go up and get the ball LATE in the draft

We have one. His name is Coby Fleener. I'm not sure he's met Mr. Arians yet.

(I know that's not fair, he was targeted and overthrown several times today. I want them to start using him like they did Dallas.)

What is up with this dude and these dropped passes? He especially seems to like to drop them against Tennessee. He dropped a touchdown right at the goaline the last time we played them, and then today he drops one right in the endzone. That wasn't even the only drop on the day. Dude has to fix this stuff and be more consistent. Don't get me wrong, I thank him for what he did last week but I had to speak on this.

overall he's been good..and we're winning.... WR drops is way down the line of our offensive problems

(I know that's not fair, he was targeted and overthrown several times today. I want them to start using him like they did Dallas.)

It took Dallas 5 years to put big numbers up though, I want him to as well. Right now Im happy with 9-4

You weren't callin him butter fingers last week :P .. That touchdown wasn't an easy catch at all

What was so hard about it? He was very much able to get his 2 hands on it. I thought he was on the inconsistent side even last week. He just happened to catch the final pass. Some good and some bad.

Uh.....Yes. It. Did. Watch it again. You're wrong. He was more worried about getting his feet inbounds. Should have caught it anyway. Don't forget his huge first down catch late in the game.

Yup. I don't know how, but he misjudged the ball and it ate him up. But before it hit his hands, it hit his facemask. At that point, it wasn't going to be caught.

Would be nice. The only time Arians puts Fleener in the slot is when he calls a quick receiver screen where Fleener is used as the blocker. I knew what play was coming before the ball was snapped and so did the Titans. In case you don't know which play I'm talking about, it was when Luck tossed a bubble screen to Wayne (who wasn't open) and he was tackled behind the line of scrimmage. I imagine the Titans had that formation scouted well because Arians ran the exact same play, with the same grouping and formation last week against the Lions.

Yeah Avery is hard to figure out, he will drop an easy pass, then make tough catch in traffic while getting crushed. The dropped touchdown definetly hit him in the facemask because he didn't get his hands up in time, got to make the easy catches in the end zone. Very inconsistent, has made some really tough catches over the middle, but has dropped some really easy TD's.

Avery kind of reminds me of a poor man's Garcon. He's got the speed to go over the top of a defense, but he's streaky. He'll make a highlight catch and then drop an easier one. The biggest difference is that he doesn't have the power/strength Garcon brought to the table, but his consistency is Garcon-esque.

Avery kind of reminds me of a poor man's Garcon. He's got the speed to go over the top of a defense, but he's streaky. He'll make a highlight catch and then drop an easier one. The biggest difference is that he doesn't have the power/strength Garcon brought to the table, but his consistency is Garcon-esque.

Nail on the head sir!

this is his first full season since 2009. the drops are typical coming from a receiver's first full season back from injury, still a little rusty when it comes to conditioning when you haven't played a full season in 3 years and thats probably what contributes to some of the drops. just gotta keep trusting your receivers. at least the rest of our receivers are starting to get a little more open outside or Wayne as opposed to the beginning of the year when it was just Wayne getting open.

No it didn't. He tried to cradle the ball in instead of catching it the natural way, and he dropped the ball. I didn't see where it hit his facemask in the replay.

I agree.. I noticed the same thing and I said at the time of the drop that he needed to reach out and grab the ball with his HANDS! Not his chest. Not his face mask. Your chest and face mask cause drops... Just like it did. I've never been trained really to catch the ball but I know you are supposed to watch it into your hands.

My how some of you are so quick to forget previous catches and games. Pretty sure Avery won us the game last week, and had a very good catch earlier in the game when it was critical.

Those of you saying it didn't hit his facemask need your eyes checked. Dude misjudged it, and dropped the ball. He was too worried about keeping his feet inbounds (which is good), but he still made a mental mistake. It happens.

Reggie Wayne drops passes. The Saints receivers drop passes. The Patriots receivers drop passes. It happens sometimes. It didn't cost us the game, so let's just move on to the next game and see how he performs.

Whether it hit him in the hands or facemask, he should have caught the ball. He is a NFL receiver, he was open in the endzone, and Luck put the ball almost right on the numbers. That play could have been huge had Vinatieri missed the field goal or had the Titans scored a TD on their next drive. He must make that catch. Luckily we got the "W," but even if the guy was a hero last week, that drop could have been very costly yesterday.

That said, I too really like Donnie Avery and overall he has been a big asset this season. And to the person who called him a streaky version of Garcon, Garcon was pretty identical to Avery when Garcon played here. He would make a circus catch then drop an easy 5 yard dump off. Will never forget the easy pass Garcon dropped in the Superbowl a few years ago that could have given us a TD or at least put us in FG range.....ugh. Garcon is playing at a much higher level now with the Redskins than he ever did when he was here.

Whether it hit him in the hands or facemask, he should have caught the ball. He is a NFL receiver, he was open in the endzone, and Luck put the ball almost right on the numbers. That play could have been huge had Vinatieri missed the field goal or had the Titans scored a TD on their next drive. He must make that catch. Luckily we got the "W," but even if the guy was a hero last week, that drop could have been very costly yesterday.

That said, I too really like Donnie Avery and overall he has been a big asset this season. And to the person who called him a streaky version of Garcon, Garcon was pretty identical to Avery when Garcon played here. He would make a circus catch then drop an easy 5 yard dump off. Will never forget the easy pass Garcon dropped in the Superbowl a few years ago that could have given us a TD or at least put us in FG range.....ugh. Garcon is playing at a much higher level now with the Redskins than he ever did when he was here.

Garcon is also beneficial to have a good oline giving him time to run routes and get open. I dream of what a good oline would do for this team.